http://www.nola.com/politics/index.s...incart_m-rpt-2

I haven't been on the board in a while, so my apologies if this has already been discussed, but I didn't see it mentioned anywhere.

This article is from NOLA.com and says that many state universities might have to file financial exigency due to state budget cuts, which is basically a way of making it easier to lay off teachers and cut programs....much like bankruptcy. The article also says that this hurts the institution badly because it makes it harder to recruit good professors in the future. Since this is a New Orleans article, it mainly focuses on LSU, but it also has this quote:

Woodley said several of her campuses, though she would not be specific, would have to file for financial exigency if no additional state funding is found.

If necessary, Louisiana's public colleges and universities will coordinate their financial exigency filings, rather than have 16 to 20 different campuses putting in financial paperwork separately, according to higher education officials.

"If [state funding] doesn't materialize ... we would try to have all the systems going down that path together", said to Joseph Rallo, Louisiana's higher education, of financial exigency.
Maybe I'm reading it incorrectly, but that sounds like Tech might be forced to file for exigency, even if we don't need to, just because others are doing it. Does anyone know what Tech currently receives per undergrad? Any ideas how deeply they are looking to cut us? Forcing LSU to go from $3500 to $660 is big. I'm just not sure how much we receive now. Hopefully, I am just reading this wrong, and what Mr. Rallo means is they would help coordinate the filings for any schools that need to file, rather than coordinating a mass-filing.