+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Football. Club Seats Sold Out in New Facility - latechsports.com

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

Re: Football. Club Seats Sold Out in New Facility - latechsports.com

Quote Originally Posted by DogtorEvil View Post
    I bought a spot in the SEZ so that I could be near the beautiful people. Don't judge me.
    Let me make a quick prediction as to the first 'over-served' patron ever kicked out of the SEZ!

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hoopdawg View Post
    Chair backs want fit in the space where bench seats set.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

IMO, those chair backs would be great if we didn't already have some existing. Needs to match.

Puppy OldDawg seems to have something between the earsOldDawg seems to have something between the earsOldDawg seems to have something between the earsOldDawg seems to have something between the earsOldDawg seems to have something between the earsOldDawg seems to have something between the earsOldDawg seems to have something between the earsOldDawg seems to have something between the ears

We don't want different classes of chair backs. Imagine the bitchin' and moanin'

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Why not order the same chairbacks from the previous vendor?

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Here's a pic when we power washed/sealed the stadium, got a video board, and replaced the chairbacks. The rows are the same as the others except with different seating.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by OldDawg View Post
    We don't want different classes of chair backs. Imagine the bitchin' and moanin'
    And this would be new because...............

Puppy OldDawg seems to have something between the earsOldDawg seems to have something between the earsOldDawg seems to have something between the earsOldDawg seems to have something between the earsOldDawg seems to have something between the earsOldDawg seems to have something between the earsOldDawg seems to have something between the earsOldDawg seems to have something between the ears

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    And this would be new because...............
    Same song, second verse... Just saying no additional motivation needed.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

I have a small folding chairback that I purchased from the TECH bookstore and use it on my reserved bench seat. Works just fine for me and I'm not bumpimg my knees on any chairback in front of me.

So, with the risk of running off long time supporters if we upgrade their seating and charge more, should the box seating be put on hold in favor of press box upgrade? Do we have enough people on a waiting list that would be willing to pay a third more than end zone seating costs to get in the press box seating? I don't know what the cost would or should be, but I anticipate those upgraded seats at mid field to be higher than an end zone.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    So, with the risk of running off long time supporters if we upgrade ...
    No risk. If the people who are getting paid to do this do their jobs everybody will be happy. It's not like they are dealing with hundreds of upset fans. My guess is less than 50 season ticket holders might get their feathers ruffled, but none of them would quit on us unless they were insulted by our sales people. Kicking the can down the road is what we've done in the past. I don't believe Dr. Guice operates the way D.R. did.

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    No risk. If the people who are getting paid to do this do their jobs everybody will be happy. It's not like they are dealing with hundreds of upset fans. My guess is less than 50 season ticket holders might get their feathers ruffled, but none of them would quit on us unless they were insulted by our sales people. Kicking the can down the road is what we've done in the past. I don't believe Dr. Guice operates the way D.R. did.
    Hope you are right on both counts. Hope are fans are addressed properly, no matter the reason they are contacted. Also hope LG keeps us moving.

Champ BRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    I have a small folding chairback that I purchased from the TECH bookstore and use it on my reserved bench seat. Works just fine for me and I'm not bumpimg my knees on any chairback in front of me.
    I agree with 70. I sat in some of the blue seats at the spring game. No leg room. I'll keep the bench seats with a chair back.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFaninHous View Post
    Let me make a quick prediction as to the first 'over-served' patron ever kicked out of the SEZ!
    Alcohol served at a La Tech game? You gotta be kidding

Champ RhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

If you sit on a bench in E or EE you should pay just a little less than those sitting in permanent chairbacks in those same sections. It's real estate - location, location, location - that's all that matters. If you have the privilege to sit on or near the 50 in a Division I (or whatever they call us nowadays) stadium you should be happy to be there and be willing to pay a premium to do so. If you sit in that section there is no way you should pay the same as someone in C or CC or G or GG. You should pay more and like it. Same goes for benches in D, DD, F and FF, but a slight discount to the benches in E and EE would be justified, but it should still be more than the A's, B's, C's, G's, H's and I's.

That should be done immediately to be effective in 2016. Give current seatholders in those sections the ability to "lock in" their current seat rate if they pay now in advance for the next 5 years, nonrefundable under all circumstances, up to and including death of the seatholder, with the understanding and ironclad contractual agreement that at the expiration of that term they will pay the going rate for their seats, even if, especially if, they have been converted to chairbacks. Tech could then use the money from the 5 year contracts to pay for the upgrades from benches to chairbacks in year 3 or 4, giving everyone in those sections plenty of time to think about where they are going to sit. Of course if you didn't pay for a 5 year contract when it was available, you would pay the market chair back rate the year your seat gets upgraded if you want to keep sitting there - after paying a premium for your seats between the 35's over the last few years.

+ Reply to Thread