+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Interest in creating a scholarship for FISD students to Tech

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

LaTech Interest in creating a scholarship for FISD students to Tech

I am interested in creating a scholarship for a Frisco ISD student(s). With our recruiter working DFW now, Frisco is a district we should be getting kids from on a regular basis. I know of 1-2 per year recently heading to Tech, but I would like to be able to help those kids or add another student to the ranks. My wife and I both work for the district and try to be ambassadors for Tech.

There are several options and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in this idea and contributing. There are a few options through the local Frisco Education Foundation.

Endowed Scholarship- a minimum donation of $12,500 establishes an Endowed Scholarship awarding a $500 scholarship annually.

Memorial/Honor Scholarships- $500 or greater creates a named scholarship in memory or honor of the person or company specified in the donation.

FEF Matching Scholarships- A $1000 commitment is matched by the foundation or another donor for a two year scholarship totaling $2000.

Criteria for the scholarship recipient are set be the donor.

Scholarships are awarded each year at the FEF Scholarship Night to FISD Seniors.

At the very least I plan to set up a memorial/honor scholarship.

If you are interested in the idea please let me know.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Interest in creating a scholarship for FISD students to Tech

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    I am interested in creating a scholarship for a Frisco ISD student(s). With our recruiter working DFW now, Frisco is a district we should be getting kids from on a regular basis. I know of 1-2 per year recently heading to Tech, but I would like to be able to help those kids or add another student to the ranks. My wife and I both work for the district and try to be ambassadors for Tech.

There are several options and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in this idea and contributing. There are a few options through the local Frisco Education Foundation.

Endowed Scholarship- a minimum donation of $12,500 establishes an Endowed Scholarship awarding a $500 scholarship annually.

Memorial/Honor Scholarships- $500 or greater creates a named scholarship in memory or honor of the person or company specified in the donation.

FEF Matching Scholarships- A $1000 commitment is matched by the foundation or another donor for a two year scholarship totaling $2000.

Criteria for the scholarship recipient are set be the donor.

Scholarships are awarded each year at the FEF Scholarship Night to FISD Seniors.

At the very least I plan to set up a memorial/honor scholarship.

If you are interested in the idea please let me know.

Great DallasDog! Hope this works out well.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Thanks. We will see how it goes. I have time to set it all up this summer.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Just so you know basically anyone accepted to Tech that meets the guaranteed enrollment critieria gets an Out-Of-State Fee Scholarship

admissions.latech.edu/tuition_fees/pdfs/bulldog_out_of_state_info.pdf

I know, we have sent several students towards Tech. Every bit of free money counts. Arkansas and several other large universities hit our area harder than Tech and offer the same out of state waivers along with other incentives.

Champ techblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to behold

I would be willing to contribute. Please keep me posted on what you decide to set up. It's amazing how many Tech alumni live in this area and anything we can do to get more kids heading toward Tech would be a great thing.

Thanks. TB4, I will let you know. I am going to talk to the foundation a little more and then try to get the best bang for the buck.

+ Reply to Thread