+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MBB Coach Search

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

MBB Coach Search

"If LA Tech didn't already have a short list of names ...someone wasn't doing their job. When your coach interviews for a job last year you start making a list. When your coach interviewed last year and you win 27 games this year....that list should have gotten shorter 2 months ago. And when UF started needing a coach that list should have been down to 3 to 5 names and your top choice on speed dial."
    We're now on Day 6 without a head basketball coach. I copied the quote above from the CUSA board. The writer makes a great point. LA Tech's coaching choices should have already been on speed dial. What's taking T-Mac so long? (Yes '06, I already know about the CUSA meetings. But this hire should have been resolved in the first 72 hours.)

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Re: Day 6......

Is there some sort of urgency of which I'm unaware? Serious question. I didn't think this was taking too long, but I certainly don't pay enough attention to it to know the consequences of taking two weeks as opposed to one.
    It's time to close the doors to the Temple of Janus.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Geez, everyone in the country commented about how quickly Florida's search came together because it only took a week from when Donovan announced his departure till Foley hired Mike White. It felt really fast to me. Yet, Tech's only supposed to take three days to hire his replacement? I was thinking two weeks would be a good time to do due diligence, contact candidates, conduct interviews and make a hire. If we don't have someone in place by the end of next week, I'll start to worry a little bit. But today? Nah, I'm good.

There is some urgency because the new coach needs to meet players, re-recruit the current signees and get out on the road to take advantage of the spring and summer open periods for 2016 and 2017 recruiting.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Tracking the dominos falling:

April 22nd - Scott Brooks fired after 7 years as coach of Oklahoma City Thunder
    April 22nd - Billy Donovan to OKC rumors start
    April 30th - Billy Donovan to OKC -contract announced
    May 8th - Mike White to UF official

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

A week is plenty of time is a good time frame...

Anything longer than a week makes me question the process -

10 days or more and I think we are treading on very ten ice and it was totally handled wrong
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post

10 days or more and I think we are treading on very ten ice and it was totally handled wrong
    Does this include weekends too or just business days?

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

10 days or more and I think we are treading on very thin ice and it was totally handled wrong
    It begs the question - are there any adults in the AD office???? With a hire this big, our AD should have sent an Assc. AD to the C-USA meetings and handled the job at hand. If everyone else in the office is just out of high school, then that could be problematic??? There should have least been some visits from the three or four key candidates by now - or we should be traveling to them rather.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Due to the sensitive nature of the UAB situation I understand him having to be there - but interviews and such can be conducted in Birmingham just as easy as Ruston and probably under more "secret" circumstances...

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

Due to the sensitive nature of the UAB situation I understand him having to be there - but interviews and such can be conducted in Birmingham just as easy as Ruston and probably under more "secret" circumstances...
    My only concern is losing recruits. The longer this goes on the more likely we will lose 1 or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceWillisDawg View Post
    My only concern is losing recruits. The longer this goes on the more likely we will lose 1 or 2.
    In transition you will always lose one or two -

Even IF we chose Dusty, its on the NEW coach to sell those kids on his vision for the program and how they will be PART of that vision...

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

I agree. T-Mac should have already had a solid short list (2 or 3 guys) of strong candidates on speed dial by the time MW resigned. (And I'm not saying that he didn't.) If T-Mac is doing his job correctly, we should be very close to announcing a new coach.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Interviews may very well be happening in Birmingham. Perhaps the top choice wants an onsite visit, which may not happen until the CUSA meetings are completed. Personally, I have no reason to suspect that Tommy isn't all over this. Based on a comment that was shared with me, I am expecting Monday or Tuesday.

I'm expecting a fairly clear picture by Friday...

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

I'm expecting a fairly clear picture by Friday...
    I learned early in my career to pad the schedule.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

I expect it to be all over Tech and Tails Friday night in Bossier City.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread