+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Men's Rules for next season

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Re: New Men's Rules for next season

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Glad I had already lost interest in basketball. So, for me, this trend toward stupid rules is basically irrelevant. I don't watch much of it anyway, any more. BUT! objectively, this is just another example of the "instant gratification" movement. Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! OH GAWD!!! please don't have some guy dribbling the ball for more than 3 seconds between shots!!! SHOOT the Ball! No.... "score the basketball" whatever the hell that means.

How about this, outlaw defense! No one is allowed to play defense. The shot clock is set at 5 seconds. Each team inbounds and must beat the clock. And then, in the last 2 mins of the game, each team is allowed to inbounds under the goal. If they don't blow the layup, each team is guaranteed to score every time!

Y'all can have it...
    By no means is anyone saying don't dribble the basketball. But like any type of offense, it should be done with a purpose! I hate to see someone stand 35 feet from the basket and just pound the ball into the ground while everyone else stands around. Run a set! Try to score! Do something!
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Bring back the FOUR CORNERS and 23-16 basketball games!
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    By no means is anyone saying don't dribble the basketball. But like any type of offense, it should be done with a purpose! I hate to see someone stand 35 feet from the basket and just pound the ball into the ground while everyone else stands around. Run a set! Try to score! Do something!
    I'll add to you that dribbling is horribly inefficient in the half court. More often than not it should be a last resort. There is an art to moving without the ball. Too many guys today don't know this and really limit what they can do as a team.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Bring back the FOUR CORNERS and 23-16 basketball games!
    Jesting aside....what was the average score(s) back in the day of no shot clock and the UNC Four Corners? From memory, I remember a lot of 50's and 60's type scores, and quite a few in the 70's.

I do remember a game where Maryland played keep-away from the Ernie and Bernie Show and the final was something like 12-7, or some such as that. But that was so rare. Problem was, when an inferior team tried to milk the clock, many times they would turn it over, the other team score (again and again) so the team that had started out playing Four Corners had to quicken the pace in an attempt to play catch-up!

I will say this, the best team in Tech history, and the best basketball ever played in Ruston was during the no-shot-clock era.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

I will say this, the best team in Tech history, and the best basketball ever played in Ruston was during the no-shot-clock era.
    You're on to something! #NoShotClock

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GatorDawg View Post
    I'll add to you that dribbling is horribly inefficient in the half court. More often than not it should be a last resort. There is an art to moving without the ball. Too many guys today don't know this and really limit what they can do as a team.
    I agree. Some of the guys on this board know (from our shared "game" experiences over BB&B) that one of my biggest pet peeves is when a player gets the ball deep under the basket and still chooses to dribble instead of simply going to the hole. For some reason, a lot of players think they have to dribble the ball at least once before shooting it. Big mistake. Doing that creates a huge turnover opportunity for the other team.

I can't stand unnecessary dribbling. PASS the darn ball!

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I agree. Some of the guys on this board know (from our shared "game" experiences over BB&B) that one of my biggest pet peeves is when a player gets the ball deep under the basket and still chooses to dribble instead of simply going to the hole. For some reason, a lot of players think they have to dribble the ball at least once before shooting it. Big mistake. Doing that creates a huge turnover opportunity for the other team.

I can't stand unnecessary dribbling. PASS the darn ball!
    HD, the Mavs Championship team of 2011 had some of the best ball movement I've ever seen. Hardly any dribbling just 5 guys zinging the ball around in the half court. It was beautiful.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Theoretically on a true fast break, the ball shouldn't hit the floor more than once or twice by an particular player...

As folks in 107 KNOW, I get livid when the ball is in the post and our players INSIST on putting it on the floor, just catch it and put it in the hole...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Puppy TechBarkingDog is an unknown

Shot clock was fine. Time outs are whats killing the flow of the game. I think the shot clock being reduced only does one thing-makes teams play slower. Not too many teams night in and night out have the talent to just play freely and out talent their opponent (which is how teams that win big win). Now I think you will see teams "slow" press meaning pressing to take time off the clock in order to manipulate the clock which will slow the game down. Shorter clock means more possessions but I think you will see the defensive teams trying to force their opponents into playing even deeper in the shot clock. IMO
    Nice to see them trying to make the game better.

Varsity Bulldog SteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the rough

The idea that college basketball needs less physicality is absurd. The ticky tack fouls they call is what slows the game down. If you want to increase pace of play then do just that, let them play.

Varsity Bulldog SteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by SteveyTI View Post
    The idea that college basketball needs less physicality is absurd. The ticky tack fouls they call is what slows the game down. If you want to increase pace of play then do just that, let them play.
    Red for this comment professor? Thats pretty douchey with nothing but "yea, no" left as a comment with no rebuttal in the thread.

Big Dog BullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the rough BullPupN'46's Avatar

It would be nice to see some true dribbling of the BB. To many of the players carry or turn the ball over.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Red for this comment professor? Thats pretty douchey with nothing but "yea, no" left as a comment with no rebuttal in the thread.
    Yeah, the whole "let them play" argument is stupid. Basketball is way too physical these days. I'm a huge believer in freedom of movement. Athletes should be allowed to be athletes, not get hammered off the ball all the time. This isn't football. Your so called "ticky tack fouls" are, ya know, um, fouls.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Glad I had already lost interest in basketball. So, for me, this trend toward stupid rules is basically irrelevant. I don't watch much of it anyway, any more. BUT! objectively, this is just another example of the "instant gratification" movement. Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! OH GAWD!!! please don't have some guy dribbling the ball for more than 3 seconds between shots!!! SHOOT the Ball! No.... "score the basketball" whatever the hell that means.

How about this, outlaw defense! No one is allowed to play defense. The shot clock is set at 5 seconds. Each team inbounds and must beat the clock. And then, in the last 2 mins of the game, each team is allowed to inbounds under the goal. If they don't blow the layup, each team is guaranteed to score every time!

Y'all can have it...
    This reminds me of that time you wanted basketball to remain a woman's sport.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

He ticky-tacked you when responding to to your comments on ticky-tack fouls?

+ Reply to Thread