+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: UL-Lafayette just can't win

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: UL-Lafayette just can't win

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post

And you are a terrible debater.
    Probably a democrat. They tend to deflect rather than debate.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Probably a democrat. They tend to deflect rather than debate.

Varsity Bulldog geauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

1. Where does the law say that a school can't proclaim itself as the flagship of a part of the state? It is no more prohibited than using "Louisiana." What if we said we are the flagship of Louisiana technical colleges? Would that be illegal?
    2. It means the two you quoted are no longer LaTech employees. In fact, one was fired.
    3. Only in context of the university of Louisiana system. In fact, you could legally call yourselves the flagship of Lafayette, or the flagship of Acadiana, the flagship of Cajun food; the flagship of flamming alumni exercise gurus, or the flagship of southwestern Louisiana. The law doesn't prohibit any of those. The statement you are quoting is providing specification to the preceding statement of the paragraph. It is not a stand alone statement. This is the exact same premise @Lafayette is using to get away with "Louisiana"...a notion which unfortunately I agree is not illegal.

"UL" and "the University of Louisiana" are prohibited and you have yet to comment.

The law clearly states that usage of flagship, in any school in the ULS, is prohibited. So all of the examples you cite would not be allowed.

"Any designation of or reference to a member institution as “flagship,” “lead,” “main,” or by other similar descriptors is prohibited."

http://ulsystem.edu/assets/docs/sear...e_policies.pdf

And lol....if I am so terrible a debater, than why do you guys continue to come to the 'pit' and do so?????

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

A debater answers a direct question. Answer it. How can you justify UL being splashed all over campus?

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by geauxpnc View Post
    The law clearly states that usage of flagship, in any school in the ULS, is prohibited. So all of the examples you cite would not be allowed.

"Any designation of or reference to a member institution as “flagship,” “lead,” “main,” or by other similar descriptors is prohibited."

And lol....if I am so terrible a debater, than why do you guys continue to come to the 'pit' and do so?????
    Which the use of Louisiana to describe your school clearly does and is prohibited.

Varsity Bulldog geauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    There you go again, putting words in my mouth. That is not what I said at all. I said (paraphrased) that the law does not say Louisiana is prohibited, in those words, but it does say that when taken in text and intent. For instance, any description of the school mush include the city designation. You are not reading what is written. No, I do not want to continue this talk with you, but you continually mention my name and inaccurately portray my words and the meaning of the words. Just move along. But, first, please explain how the use of UL splashed all over your campus is legal, even under your interpretation of the law.

The intent of the law, as explained to me by a legislator, is not to be interpreted as you folks @ Lafayette interpret it. You folks are unethical to interpret it as you do. Even under your mis interpretation, the use of UL is prohibited. Yet, you have it all over campus, on uniforms, etc. Explain that, please.
    What you said is in black and white. As usual, you speak in tongues: at once admitting that the law does not preclude the usage of 'Louisiana,' but then trying to inject your (or that of this 'legislator') interpretation of what the law means/was supposed to mean, in hopes that it will do something that it is clearly not intended to do. If they wanted to exclude it's usage there would have been a clause saying so. What you see in it is only your opinion and subjection.

And why haven't you spoken about the fact that the ULS President herself has stated all of these facts, some time ago, and on this very board. Strange how no one responds to that.

But welcome back: as expected I knew your words meant nothing.

What you said is in black and white. As usual, you speak in tongues: at once admitting that the law does not preclude the usage of 'Louisiana,' but then trying to inject your (or that of this 'legislator') interpretation of what the law means/was supposed to mean, in hopes that it will do something that it is clearly not intended to do. If they wanted to exclude it's usage there would have been a clause saying so. What you see in it is only your opinion and subjection.

And why haven't you spoken about the fact that the ULS President herself has stated all of these facts, some time ago, and on this very board. Strange how no one responds to that.

But welcome back: as expected I knew your words meant nothing.
    As has been pointed out, the ULS President's comments had to do with what a 3 rd party called your school. Your school is not a 3rd party to itself. Answer the question about UL splashed all over campus.

I did not say the law does not prohibit the use of Louisiana. It only addresses, specifically, the usage of UL. The other language of the law prohibits the use of Louisiana as a "name." Geez, how dense are you.

Answer the question about UL all over campus, since your claim is that UL @ Lafayette complies with the law in the symbols and names it uses to describe the school. That is a simple, straightforward request, and completely in reference to your claim of your school completely complying with the law.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Can you not read? You must interpret the statement in the context of the entire statute. Your inability to understand that tells me all I need to know about you regarding this discussion.

something made me think of this, lol.

I means as much fun as this is, I am getting pretty tired of trying to make you little fellers understand something you obviously do not want to understand. But that's cool. I have a respect for your 'healthy' opinions on the matter....all except stodgy.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

geauxpnc, you lose.

As has been pointed out, the ULS President's comments had to do with what a 3 rd party called your school. Your school is not a 3rd party to itself. Answer the question about UL splashed all over campus.

I did not say the law does not prohibit the use of Louisiana. It only addresses, specifically, the usage of UL. The other language of the law prohibits the use of Louisiana as a "name." Geez, how dense are you.

Answer the question about UL all over campus, since your claim is that UL @ Lafayette complies with the law in the symbols and names it uses to describe the school. That is a simple, straightforward request, and completely in reference to your claim of your school completely complying with the law.
    No, that was only part of what her letter addresses. She then addresses specifically the fact that the usage of 'Louisiana' as a 'stand alone reference' is not prohibited. How dense are you not to see that????

Varsity Bulldog jellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the rough jellidawg's Avatar

No, that was only part of what her letter addresses. She then addresses specifically the fact that the usage of 'Louisiana' as a 'stand alone reference' is not prohibited. How dense are you not to see that????
    How dense are you to not address the direct question posed to you? How do you explain ULL's blatant disregard of the law by having several locations that violate the name policy on its own campus? If I were a moderator, I would delete every one of your posts until the question was answered, in one way or another.

She didn't say it was not prohibited. Can you not read?
    Last edited by stodgdog; 06-10-2015 at 09:09 AM.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

They can't read down there at Cajun Clown College. Don't bother.

She didn't say it was not prohibited. Can you not read?
    How much clearer could she had said it????? "....also the policy is silent on using ‘Louisiana’ as a stand-alone reference"
    Meaning it does not address it, so therefore it is not prohibited.

Not to mention that your own on-site atty has weighed in on this, and clearly states that even the language for defining/enforcing the "UL" part is unclear in the legislation:

"After having read the Policy it is rather ambiguous legally. Firs it says that institutions "should" adhere to the policy not "shall". But then it specifically says that the use of the "University of Louisiana" without the "at ..." is prohibited, but this is part of the policy that "should" be adhered to. This may be double talk to laymen but to a judge it isn't. There is a world of difference between "should" and"shall"."

Seems very obvious that it is not even LEGALLY very clear, so why blame us if we are having difficulty understanding it??? But in event it truly amazes the wasted time and effort that this involved n this whole issue.

And yet another question y'all have never answered: why is it everyone else can have a ?SU, a U of ?, and most even have a ?Tech U. Why not us? Why are you guys so threatened by that?

And I am nearing the end of all this: my extra-duty flea collar is plum wore out, so I'm starting to itch from the doggie fleas in here, lol.

+ Reply to Thread