+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: UL-Lafayette just can't win

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Re: UL-Lafayette just can't win

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    BEST food in world-bar none

Champ MiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond repute

... and most of the ull fans are not band wagoners and do not support the flagship over their own alma mater. We can find good in all if we try.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MiloBumP View Post
    ... and most of the ull fans are not band wagoners and do not support the flagship over their own alma mater. We can find good in all if we try.
    That wasn't the case when I lived in Lafayette.
    It's time to close the doors to the Temple of Janus.

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    In theory.
    Its not like I said there are some good people in Cameron. Maybe, I don't know. Never lived there.

But Lafayette? Yes, there are plenty of good people, real people. Grew up with a bunch of them.

I don't know if I am a good person. I do know I am from Lafayette. So, in theory, maybe I am a good person. Maybe.

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    That wasn't the case when I lived in Lafayette.
    Hey we have something in common! We are both good people, in theory, no matter what anyone else says.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LEEDAWG View Post
    Its not like I said there are some good people in Cameron. Maybe, I don't know. Never lived there.

But Lafayette? Yes, there are plenty of good people, real people. Grew up with a bunch of them.

I don't know if I am a good person. I do know I am from Lafayette. So, in theory, maybe I am a good person. Maybe.
    You didn't say Lafayette. You said Ragin Cajun land or some such nonsense. It was not a well defined term, but in the context of your post you were clearly taking about Cajun fans, not residents of Lafayette. So stop changing the terms of the debate. Charlotte? Is that you?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MiloBumP View Post
    There's NOTHING good about the ULL Cajun fans. Make no mistake, they are extremely jealous of all things LA Tech. They hate your guts, and would like nothing better than to see LA Tech take a gigantic fall from grace.

It wasn't long ago that LA Tech appeared to be headed for "independence" in all sports, because the WAC was crumbling all around us, and it appeared that we had no where to go. LA Tech's options appeared very limited. And I will never forget the lowlife Cajun fans --and other Sunbelt losers, frankly-- wishing LA Tech the absolute worst. They were running around saying very negative things about LA Tech, and of course wishing Tech the absolute WORST lot in life. I distinctly remember some Cajun fans saying "Louisiana Tech is finally getting what it deserves. I hope you guys rot in hell"......and more comments equivalent to that.

I've never forgotten that. And I never will.
    Last edited by HogDawg; 05-20-2015 at 06:23 PM.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    There's NOTHING good about the ULL Cajun fans. Make no mistake, they are extremely jealous of all things LA Tech. They hate your guts, and would like nothing better than to see LA Tech take a gigantic fall from grace.

It wasn't long ago that LA Tech appeared to be headed for "independence" in all sports, because the WAC was crumbling all around us, and it appeared that we had no where to go. LA Tech's options appeared very limited. And I will never forget the lowlife Cajun fans --and other Sunbelt losers, frankly-- wishing LA Tech the absolute worst. They were running around saying very negative things about LA Tech, and of course wishing Tech the absolute WORST lot in life. I distinctly remember some Cajun fans saying "Louisiana Tech is finally getting what it deserves. I hope you guys rot in hell"......and more comments equivalent to that.

I've never forgotten that. And I never will.
    It has not changed. In fact, they have gotten worse in their hatred of Louisiana Tech as an institution, its alumni, fans, and supporters. Logic is also foreign to @ Lafayette folks.

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    It has not changed. In fact, they have gotten worse in their hatred of Louisiana Tech as an institution, its alumni, fans, and supporters. Logic is also foreign to @ Lafayette folks.
    I spend a couple of days each week in Lafayette and I can tell you, there is no doubt that Cajun fans hate us with a passion. They're really worse about it than ULM fans are. It's since we got into CUSA that they've really gone over the top with it. It just absolutely kills them that they're stuck in the Sun Belt with ULM while we are not. Most of the Cajun fans I deal with are now convinced that ULL will be replacing UAB in CUSA next month. Of course, they're also the same Cajun fans that said Tech would never get into CUSA. Let's hope that they're as wrong now as they were then.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.”
    --Winston Churchill
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Big Dog Terence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of light Terence32's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    I spend a couple of days each week in Lafayette and I can tell you, there is no doubt that Cajun fans hate us with a passion. They're really worse about it than ULM fans are. It's since we got into CUSA that they've really gone over the top with it. It just absolutely kills them that they're stuck in the Sun Belt with ULM while we are not. Most of the Cajun fans I deal with are now convinced that ULL will be replacing UAB in CUSA next month. Of course, they're also the same Cajun fans that said Tech would never get into CUSA. Let's hope that they're as wrong now as they were then.

But I thought they were going to the Big12 lol.
    As a former bulldog and being that I am from the Lafayette area, I know all about those jokers lol.
    They are trash and I can't wait until we mud stump them again.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Terence32 View Post
    But I thought they were going to the Big12 lol.
    As a former bulldog and being that I am from the Lafayette area, I know all about those jokers lol.
    They are trash and I can't wait until we mud stump them again.
    It's too bad that 99% of Cajun fans give the other 1% such a bad name.

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post
    It's too bad that 99% of Cajun fans give the other 1% such a bad name.
    Lol

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    I think their hatred also stems from not being invited to the 2008 Indy Bowl. Their irrational claim is that Tech somehow "banned" them from being invited, while all prior and recent evidence has proven Tech has no such influence. At the same time, @ Lafayette folks claim Tech is inconsequential. Deductive reasoning leads me to believe the claim of being "banned" stemmed from their amateur announcer making such a ridiculous announcement on air. Sounded good to the Cajuns, so they ran with it. As stated, logic is a foreign concept to those folks. Claims that their "name game" is legal and ethical are completely illogical.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

I think their hatred also stems from not being invited to the 2008 Indy Bowl. Their irrational claim is that Tech somehow "banned" them from being invited, while all prior and recent evidence has proven Tech has no such influence. At the same time, @ Lafayette folks claim Tech is inconsequential. Deductive reasoning leads me to believe the claim of being "banned" stemmed from their amateur announcer making such a ridiculous announcement on air. Sounded good to the Cajuns, so they ran with it. As stated, logic is a foreign concept to those folks. Claims that their "name game" is legal and ethical are completely illogical.
    That might be true of the current generation of uslull kids. Every generation has different reasons to "hate" Tech.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread