+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Football motivational pictures

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

LaTech Football motivational pictures

I saw this tweet from Kenneth Dixon today:

Kenneth Dixon @_BONEHEAD_tez_ Went beast mode today 615 on squat Another huge shout out to @Dog_Strength @TheKurtHester and staff for making hard work so fun #WeAreLATech

Then I remembered the last view Beast Mode had at Marshall University last December when the people in green were celebrating at the base of their "SEZ":

Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

Re: Football motivational pictures

This offense is going to explode this year. Driskel is hungry to revive his college career, Dixon is going to want to go out with a bang and raise his draft stock, and we have a great group of talented WRs. It's going to be fun watching them go to work!

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

I know a lot of people questioned Kurt Hester's methods 6 months into the job (myself included after the 2013 Rice game), but I think it's safe to say he's a good one now. Hope we can hang on to him for a while.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dowty View Post
    This offense is going to explode this year. Driskel is hungry to revive his college career, Dixon is going to want to go out with a bang and raise his draft stock, and we have a great group of talented WRs. It's going to be fun watching them go to work!
    For Driskel, he has been quoted as saying this year is about showing NFL his talent. Coming out of HS he was "big time NFL prospect". I have zero problem with his #1 goal being get a shot at NFL and #2 leading Tech to great season -- he chose us because we give him best shot at both ... for us old guys, Dixon always comes up as one of greatest RBs in Tech history.. personally put him at #1 but understand why other names come up....

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    For Driskel, he has been quoted as saying this year is about showing NFL his talent. Coming out of HS he was "big time NFL prospect". I have zero problem with his #1 goal being get a shot at NFL and #2 leading Tech to great season -- he chose us because we give him best shot at both ... for us old guys, Dixon always comes up as one of greatest RBs in Tech history.. personally put him at #1 but understand why other names come up....
    JD has the weapons- a good stable of WRs, a much more experienced OL, and all the talented RBs a QB could ever need. It's all about putting pen to paper now. Gotta translate it during game time, but the ingredients are all there.

Also, KD is easily the #1 Tech RB ever. It's almost impossible to argue that. Who knows what Moats would've done with another year, but that's really neither here nor there at this point. Porter deserves mention, as do the rest of the top leading rushers, but KD has been a force since day one. To me, it's felt like "his" team since QP left, at least in a heart-and-soul sort of way.

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

Not impossible to argue for other backs. Dixon is great, but I would take Moats if I had to choose.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by hambone29 View Post
    Not impossible to argue for other backs. Dixon is great, but I would take Moats if I had to choose.
    Agreed. Moats could go into a pile and come out the other side. KD is so close. With one more year he should absolutely be the best.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Two things KD need to show me this year.

1. A handle on the ball
    2. Maturity and or composure. Do not let the other teams actions cause you to hurt the team.

Show me that and i move him ahead of porter and moats

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    Two things KD need to show me this year.

1. A handle on the ball
    2. Maturity and or composure. Do not let the other teams actions cause you to hurt the team.

Show me that and i move him ahead of porter and moats
    Y'all sure are discounting many great eras of Tech football.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    It's hard to offer comparisons for earlier RB's who didn't play against the same competition. This old timer would have to stick with Dixon, Moats, and Porter as three of the best. The older guys might have stood out now, but there is no way of knowing. But thanks to the older guys I remember -- Buster Herren, Robert Brunet, Richie Golman and a little later-- Quick Six, Roland Harper and many more I have missed.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Moats and Porter were nice, talented beasts.
    Dixon IS the beast ever since his strong, strong commitment to Tech while at Strong, Ark., High School.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I remember seeing KD at the Tech spring game in his senior year in high school. He was happy and ready to be a Bulldog.

We've had a pretty good string of RBs through the years.

Dixon
    Lee
    Holley
    Porter
    Moats
    Smith

Even though he was a WR, loved when we ran the wilddawg formation with Livas.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    I saw this tweet from Kenneth Dixon today:

Kenneth Dixon @_BONEHEAD_tez_ Went beast mode today 615 on squat Another huge shout out to @Dog_Strength @TheKurtHester and staff for making hard work so fun #WeAreLATech

Then I remembered the last view Beast Mode had at Marshall University last December when the people in green were celebrating at the base of their "SEZ":

Their stadium needs a power washing.

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Their stadium needs a power washing.
    It would be so un-Marshall. That whole area needs power-washing, however.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    That's because this is all they know.

You are correct of course. There were many good RB's in LA Tech's history before the Daniel Porter/Ryan Moats era.

+ Reply to Thread