+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Schedule???

Varsity Bulldog geauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Re: 2016 Schedule???

Quote Originally Posted by Dowty View Post
    Since you'll admit that UL alone is against the law, can you explain this page (sanctioned by ULL) that is full of UL references? Looks like a blatant violation of the law to me.

http://www.athleticnetwork.net/site534.php

It even goes as far as to say this:
    Only if and when YOU admit that two different members of ltu's admin, on two seperate occasions have violated the law by self-proclaiming ltu to be a 'flagship' university.

"The opportunity to join a conference with a national reputation and a strong regional presence is another step in solidifying our place as north Louisiana’s flagship University,” said Athletics Director Bruce Van De Velde."
    http://www.latechsports.com/sports/m...050412aaa.html

"Today Louisiana Tech clearly stands alone as the flagship of North Louisiana universities." Daniel Rogeau
    http://www.latechalumni.org/s/810/im...65f05dabbf.pdf
    Last edited by geauxpnc; 05-29-2015 at 06:29 AM.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by geauxpnc View Post
    Only if and when YOU admit that two different members of ltu's admin, on two seperate occasions have violated the law by self-proclaiming ltu to be a 'flagship' university.

"The opportunity to join a conference with a national reputation and a strong regional presence is another step in solidifying our place as north Louisiana’s flagship University,” said Athletics Director Bruce Van De Velde."
    http://www.latechsports.com/sports/m...050412aaa.html

"Today Louisiana Tech clearly stands alone as the flagship of North Louisiana universities." Daniel Rogeau
    http://www.latechalumni.org/s/810/im...65f05dabbf.pdf
    Well, what Daniel "Rogeau" said is backed up with facts. By almost any metric you want to use, WE ARE the undisputed LEADER (flagship, if you will) among North Louisiana universities.

We do MORE with what we have than anyone else north of Alexandria, and by some metrics we do more than anyone else in the state with what we have, sans Ellis-Shoe in Red Stick.
    Last edited by ChuckK3; 05-29-2015 at 08:44 AM.

Varsity Bulldog geauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    Well, what Daniel "Rogeau" said is backed up with facts. By almost any metric you want to use, WE ARE the undisputed LEADER (flagship, if you will) among North Louisiana universities.

We do MORE with what we have than anyone else north of Alexandria, and by some metrics we do more than anyone else in the state with what we have, sans Ellis-Shoe in Red Stick.
    That may or may not be true. But what is irrefutable is that the law clearly states that lsu, and only lsu, can be called a 'flagship.' As I have said several times on this thread, the term 'flagship' has a very specific meaning, and the ltu folks were well aware of that when they made their illegal proclamations. They could've said "leaders," or etc., but chose not to do so.
    And as I've also tried to state is that the ltu folks seem to think that the 'lsu law' doesn't pertain to them, and that is very, very wrong: make no mistake, that law was to slap everyone in the UL System down, and to keep us down, and ltu has played right into this.
    And no one ever replied to my earlier question: why can just about every other state have 3 main unis: 1) ????State Uni, 2) U of ????, and a 3) ????Tech Uni.....but not in our 'great' state of La. More than anything else about this whole name issue, this highlights the depth of insecurity you guys have......as well as dancing to lsu's tune.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

That may or may not be true. But what is irrefutable is that the law clearly states that lsu, and only lsu, can be called a 'flagship.' As I have said several times on this thread, the term 'flagship' has a very specific meaning, and the ltu folks were well aware of that when they made their illegal proclamations. They could've said "leaders," or etc., but chose not to do so.
    And as I've also tried to state is that the ltu folks seem to think that the 'lsu law' doesn't pertain to them, and that is very, very wrong: make no mistake, that law was to slap everyone in the UL System down, and to keep us down, and ltu has played right into this.
    And no one ever replied to my earlier question: why can just about every other state have 3 main unis: 1) ????State Uni, 2) U of ????, and a 3) ????Tech Uni.....but not in our 'great' state of La. More than anything else about this whole name issue, this highlights the depth of insecurity you guys have......as well as dancing to lsu's tune.
    Hey, sport. I don't play lsu's tune. I was the among the first to call foul on your institution's effort to try to distinguish itself from the rest of the ULS. It was/is underhanded and the play on semantics was a deliberate effort. Assistant SID have been fired from UL-L over the fact they tried to strongarm major media in an effort to force the name change effort.

So, run back to T-Boy and get your new marching orders.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Hey, sport. I don't play lsu's tune. I was the among the first to call foul on your institution's effort to try to distinguish itself from the rest of the ULS. It was/is underhanded and the play on semantics was a deliberate effort. Assistant SID have been fired from UL-L over the fact they tried to strongarm major media in an effort to force the name change effort.

So, run back to T-Boy and get your new marching orders.
    Personal attacks: to be expected.
    Production of facts to back-up LTU's claims: NON-EXISTENT.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Personal attacks: to be expected.
    Production of facts to back-up LTU's claims: NON-EXISTENT.
    Well . . . don't take it personal. . . . or . . . pig in gate squeals.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Varsity Bulldog Mad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the rough Mad Italian's Avatar

The controlling statute is:

Louisiana Revised Statutes 17:3215

The Louisiana State University system is composed of the institutions under the supervision and management of the Board of Supervisors of Louisiana State University and Agricultural and Mechanical College as follows:
    (1) Louisiana State University and Agricultural and Mechanical College, located at Baton Rouge and designated as the premier flagship university for the state.

Nothing indicates that any Louisiana Tech official in any capacity has ever claimed that Tech is the premier flagship for the State. No law is broken.

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

But that is just it: we are branding ourselves as "Louisiana," which is NOT prohibited by the law. The UL admin is NOT pursuing the use of UL......
    So how was I able to come across the link I posted earlier? You can't, and refuse to, explain it because it's in violation of the law. The University of Louisiana at Lafayette (ULL) cannot refer to itself as the University of Louisiana (i.e. UL). That's something we all know to be true, regardless of your fight to just be called Louisiana. If you bothered to click the link, you'd see ULL being referred to as UL on multiple occasions.

You chose to leave out the key descriptor here, as has been pointed earlier in the thread. The key adjective when you bring up people from Louisiana Tech (who have since either retired or been fired, FWIW) referring to it as a flagship. The key word here is North. That does not play on the state as a whole, it geographically separates itself from LSU, and therefore does not infringe on their flagship "status." Nice try, but sorry.

And that is some pretty fancy language to skirt the issue of how ltu is not in violation by labeling themselves as a flagship.
    It appears they may have found a loophole by using the key descriptor. Funny how those work isn't it?

A sophomoric question deserves a similar response: If every other state was jumping off bridges, would you do it too? If all of the U of X schools had to be called the Ragin' LGBTs, would you still fight for it because everyone else had it? Go ask your question to someone who can do something about it if that's the best you've got.

Sounds to me like you're jealous that Nos. 1 and 3 are taken, and No. 2 is split up between you and ULM because you got shot down when you tried to handle it on your own. There's no insecurity here since we've claimed our spot and don't have an identity complex.

Quote Originally Posted by Dowty View Post
    So how was I able to come across the link I posted earlier? You can't, and refuse to, explain it because it's in violation of the law. The University of Louisiana at Lafayette (ULL) cannot refer to itself as the University of Louisiana (i.e. UL). That's something we all know to be true, regardless of your fight to just be called Louisiana. If you bothered to click the link, you'd see ULL being referred to as UL on multiple occasions.

You chose to leave out the key descriptor here, as has been pointed earlier in the thread. The key adjective when you bring up people from Louisiana Tech (who have since either retired or been fired, FWIW) referring to it as a flagship. The key word here is North. That does not play on the state as a whole, it geographically separates itself from LSU, and therefore does not infringe on their flagship "status." Nice try, but sorry.

It appears they may have found a loophole by using the key descriptor. Funny how those work isn't it?

A sophomoric question deserves a similar response: If every other state was jumping off bridges, would you do it too? If all of the U of X schools had to be called the Ragin' LGBTs, would you still fight for it because everyone else had it? Go ask your question to someone who can do something about it if that's the best you've got.

Sounds to me like you're jealous that Nos. 1 and 3 are taken, and No. 2 is split up between you and ULM because you got shot down when you tried to handle it on your own. There's no insecurity here since we've claimed our spot and don't have an identity complex.
    Know what's really funny? When your fellow ltu poster busts you right above your own post:

"(1) Louisiana State University and Agricultural and Mechanical College, located at Baton Rouge and designated as the premier flagship university for the state."
    That verbiage directly specifically prohibits ANY other school in the state from being a flagship university.......lol....whether it be north, south, east, or west. And has anyone in the current ltu Admin retracted those statements, and disavowed that they were a 'flagship' university? Now if y'all had tried declared yourself the flagship of S Ark, that wouldn't be a problem. At least not in La.

And with all the information you put out there I did notice one, basic deficiency that I've been trying to get you guys to rectify:
    PLEASE PRODUCE THE EXACT VERBIAGE IN ANY LAW THAT PROHIBITS US, OR ANY SCHOOL FROM BEING KNOWN AS 'LOUISIANA.'
    It's a very simple request, but one that none of you can fulfill.....because such a law does not exist.

Finally, thanks for that sophomoric (replete with homophobic slurs) answer about my very basic question about why La cannot have all three of those named universities. Old Stodgy promised that we would have a rational, logical discussion here. Guess that's just another lie that he like to pass on and live with.

Oh, and if I don't reply again anytime soon, don't think I've forgotten you boys. We just have that baseball game to go to this afternoon. But so do you guys, so that should not be an issue.
    Oh. Wait. Sorry.
    Scratch that last sentence right before 'oh.'

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Is North Louisiana a state?

Here is "verbiage" that is supposed to prevent the university in Lafayette from using University of Louisiana and Louisiana.

A. There is no main campus for the University of Louisiana System. Any designation of or reference to a member institution as "flagship," "lead," "main," or other similar descriptor is prohibited.

C. The use of the two-letter University of Louisiana abbreviation, “UL,” and/or the phrase “U of L” are prohibited by the university or any of its affiliated organizations (alumni associations, development foundations, bookstores, etc.). For academic, public relations, athletic, as well as other purposes not specified, the use of the University of Louisiana abbreviation must always include the abbreviation for the municipal location of the institution.

Your own defense of using Louisiana precludes you from using Louisiana. Try again.

And before you latch on to the flagship comment, the “flagship of North Louisiana” is not in violation of that or the LSU decree. Nothing has established Tech as a flagship university in Louisiana or of the ULS.

But even your warped mind should see, because of your defense again, how claiming sole ownership of “University of Louisiana” and “Louisiana” is in violation of both “verbiage” and intent. Using Louisiana doesn't make this policy inapplicable. Stop being a dumbass. Our state needs less of you.

P.S. - Are ULL sports not a part of ULL? If not, how do you get around NCAA, Louisiana, and federal laws and regulations?

P.S.S. - How much rage does it induce in you to know when (not if) ULM eventually downgrades/closes its doors, you have to change your name again?

P.S.S.S. - Good luck with the game.

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post

Here is "verbiage" that is supposed to prevent the university in Lafayette from using University of Louisiana and Louisiana.

A. There is no main campus for the University of Louisiana System. Any designation of or reference to a member institution as "flagship," "lead," "main," or other similar descriptor is prohibited.

C. The use of the two-letter University of Louisiana abbreviation, “UL,” and/or the phrase “U of L” are prohibited by the university or any of its affiliated organizations (alumni associations, development foundations, bookstores, etc.). For academic, public relations, athletic, as well as other purposes not specified, the use of the University of Louisiana abbreviation must always include the abbreviation for the municipal location of the institution.

Your own defense of using Louisiana precludes you from using Louisiana. Try again.

And before you latch on to the flagship comment, the “flagship of North Louisiana” is not in violation of that or the LSU decree. Nothing has established Tech as a flagship university in Louisiana or of the ULS.

But even your warped mind should see, because of your defense again, how claiming sole ownership of “University of Louisiana” and “Louisiana” is in violation of both “verbiage” and intent. Stop being a dumbass. Our state needs less of you.

P.S. - Are ULL sports not a part of ULL? If not, how do you get around NCAA, Louisiana, and federal laws and regulations?

P.S.S. - How much rage does it induce in you to know when (not if) ULM eventually downgrades/closes its doors, you have to change your name again?
    C'mon, skippy. Stop embarrassing yourself. What you posted TOTALLY supports everything I've been saying: nothing in that verbiage precludes us from being 'Louisiana.' PERIOD. Except it, your life will be happier.
    And are you kidding me: no, there is not a north louisiana, silly girl. But there is a school in north Louisiana whose admin is illegally claiming to be a flagship university, when they are specifically precluded from doing so.
    Oh...and since old stodgy only reports our losses....let me be the first to report that we just cooked some cooosa rice, lol.
    Have a nice weekend!

'Louisiana' progressing through our second consecutive Regional.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post

But even your warped mind should see, because of your defense again, how claiming sole ownership of “University of Louisiana” and “Louisiana” is in violation of both “verbiage” and intent. Using Louisiana doesn't make this policy inapplicable. Stop being a dumbass. Our state needs less of you.

P.S.S.S. - Good luck with the game.
    ACTUALLY, I think that is when we will get what we want....as will ltu. I've said all along: we are stronger together than apart. You guys can have the north, and we'll take the south. Easy peasy...both of us happy at last.
    Last edited by geauxpnc; 05-29-2015 at 07:22 PM.

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

ACTUALLY, I think that is when we will get what we want....as will ltu. I've said all along: we are stronger together than apart. You guys can have the north, and we'll take the south. Easy peasy...both of us happy at last.
    I have to admit, I got a pretty good chuckle out of that one. In your demented world, you could only hope we'd just let you have the south as a sympathy gift after we whoop that ass on the football field again.

+ Reply to Thread