+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Schedule???

Big Dog SIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of light

2016 Schedule???

With Moo State announcing that their trip to Ruston has been pushed back to 2017, that now leaves Tech with only 3 OOC games for 2016. The scheduled games being a trip to aTm, Ark, and Umass. With there only being 4 OOC games I was content knowing that the one home game OOC next year would be an $EC team that we not only have a history with, but that we have a history of beating. Now unless we buyout or move a game, we will most likely be stuck without another 5 game home schedule with one of the games being FCS.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Re: 2016 Schedule???

Home and home with elessewe? Nobody wants to dance with them apparently.

http://theadvocate.com/news/12415323...when-lsu-tries
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Big Dog SIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Home and home with elessewe? Nobody wants to dance with them apparently.

http://theadvocate.com/news/12415323...when-lsu-tries
    2-1, 2016 (JOE), 2017 (BR), and 2019 (BR). Not neutral site as their AD whines, they get 2 home games in return, and it could qualify as their "in-state" game for 3 of the next five years. Not to mention they want to reclaim north La, I don't think floating an offer out there is a bad idea at all.

I do understand La politics and know that this will never happen. I also know our athletic dept and realize I can now get geared up for that heavyweight matchup with Incarnate Word as the home opener in 2016. Not all on TMAC but I at least hope that a midweek baseball game at the loveshack and a game at the TAC between our MBB were included in the exchange.

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

I'm not holding my breath on LSU ever playing another true OOC road game. Maybe "neutral site" at Jerry World or the GA dome, but I'll be shocked to see them schedule a legit OOC road game anytime soon, regardless of the potential opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by Built4Speed View Post
    I'm not holding my breath on LSU ever playing another true OOC road game. Maybe "neutral site" at Jerry World or the GA dome, but I'll be shocked to see them schedule a legit OOC road game anytime soon, regardless of the potential opponent.
    With the pure logistics of it they probably will never have to do it again. E$PN and the venues you have named will pay schools BIG $ to hold neutral site games as opposed to true home and homes. I hate this about college football today. Part of the pageantry is strolling across a college campus enjoying tailgating and reminiscing about days gone by with fellow friends and alumni, while showing off your great university to visitors.

Varsity Bulldog B.Y.O.C.B. is a glorious beacon of lightB.Y.O.C.B. is a glorious beacon of lightB.Y.O.C.B. is a glorious beacon of lightB.Y.O.C.B. is a glorious beacon of lightB.Y.O.C.B. is a glorious beacon of lightB.Y.O.C.B. is a glorious beacon of lightB.Y.O.C.B. is a glorious beacon of lightB.Y.O.C.B. is a glorious beacon of lightB.Y.O.C.B. is a glorious beacon of lightB.Y.O.C.B. is a glorious beacon of lightB.Y.O.C.B. is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by SIC_EM_DAWGS! View Post
    With the pure logistics of it they probably will never have to do it again. E$PN and the venues you have named will pay schools BIG $ to hold neutral site games as opposed to true home and homes. I hate this about college football today. Part of the pageantry is strolling across a college campus enjoying tailgating and reminiscing about days gone by with fellow friends and alumni, while showing off your great university to visitors.
    Umm.. Unless something has changed, they are playing at Syracuse next season

Quote Originally Posted by B.Y.O.C.B. View Post
    Umm.. Unless something has changed, they are playing at Syracuse next season
    Exception, not the rule. 2010 UNC (ATL), 2011 Oregon (DAL), 2012 8 home games, 2013 TCU (DAL), 2014 WIS (HOU), 2016 WIS (GB), 2017 BYU (HOU), 2018 MIA (DAL)

I understand why they and other prominent programs do it, but I'm not a fan of it.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Exception, not the rule. 2010 UNC (ATL), 2011 Oregon (DAL), 2012 8 home games, 2013 TCU (DAL), 2014 WIS (HOU), 2016 WIS (GB), 2017 BYU (HOU), 2018 MIA (DAL)

I understand why they and other prominent programs do it, but I'm not a fan of it.
    I'm just glad to see LSU have trouble scheduling home games too. At least we don't have a patent on it.

I really don't like the "neutral site" college football games. They rarely feel like real college games, because so many rituals and traditions are missing.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

2-1, 2016 (JOE), 2017 (BR), and 2019 (BR). Not neutral site as their AD whines, they get 2 home games in return, and it could qualify as their "in-state" game for 3 of the next five years. Not to mention they want to reclaim north La, I don't think floating an offer out there is a bad idea at all.

I do understand La politics and know that this will never happen. I also know our athletic dept and realize I can now get geared up for that heavyweight matchup with Incarnate Word as the home opener in 2016. Not all on TMAC but I at least hope that a midweek baseball game at the loveshack and a game at the TAC between our MBB were included in the exchange.
    If we don't ask, we can't get in the game. This should be a priority with our administration.

McNeese, WKentucky and EMichigan at Tigger Stadium this fall. None will sell their ticket allotment, Mr. LSU AD (with your new SEZ at tigger stadium you need to SELL as many tickets as you can. Period.

PS--And if we don't play them, we cant BEAT them.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Our AD's lack of experience in starting to show. Who predicted the future sked would be his unveiling?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

I actually think it's a much better idea than most posters think. We already know LA State is having trouble finding marketable, OOC teams to come to BR. So get STATE to come to Ruston once for football, and we'll go to BR twice for football and maybe twice for basketball.

Now before everbody says "no"....just remember that having LA State play LA Tech in Ruston (or Shreveport, but I prefer Ruston) could lead to a complete RE-BRANDING of LA Tech football as north Louisiana's team. We would likely have new fans coming out of the wood work. Furthermore, LA Tech could likely sell every seat in JAS as part of a season ticket package, because many Tiger fans would rush to buy the season tickets just to get the game ticket. And they my even attend another Tech game later in the year.

The two football games in BR would still be good for our football program (and Skip's teams are good enough to compete now), and our men's basketball team needs the 2 trips to BR worse than LSU does.

Big Dog SpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the rough SpaceDawg's Avatar

Recap of changes:

* Mississippi State home game in 2016 pushed to 2017
    * Mississippi State road game in 2017 pushed to 2021 or 2022
    * Texas A&M road game in 2016 bought out by Tech (at the request of TAMU)
    * New road game in 2016 at Texas Tech

The Texas Tech/Texas A&M game swap nets Tech $300,000.

Good stuff. Thanks for posting that. I see a couple of good things coming from that article....first, the UMass game is now CONFIRMED as a home and home. That's the first confirmation I've seen of that. Secondly, I had not heard that we had nailed down a football series with Texas Tech. That's GREAT to hear. I'm looking forward to that one.

So in the next 3 or 4 years, we'll be playing the following schools OOC:

Kansas State
    Texas Tech
    Mississippi St
    Arkansas
    Baylor
    Texas A&M
    UMass

+ Reply to Thread