+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Schedule???

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Re: 2016 Schedule???

Quote Originally Posted by geauxpnc View Post
    And for goodness sakes: why green seats when that is not even close to your colors???? Talk about a mis-step.
    That was on a clown named Simoneaux.

Varsity Bulldog geauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    That was on a clown named Simoneaux.
    With a last name like that y'all should've known he was just a 'secret agent' for us, lol

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

good one.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Or that you are spending an ungodly amount of $$$ to build that EZ project, when you have a press box and home side that is even worse than ours. Funny how you people never see what everyone else sees.
    And you guys have still not provided any proof that we are in violation of any laws.
    Both press boxes are dumps. Nice reach on comparisons. At least our home side has been powerwashed in the past 10 years.

I heard "Louisville-Lafayette" on the national news the other day, so your attempt to brand yourselves has been hysterically humorous to me.

Ragin' Cajuns should have been your focus all along, but you were too busy trying to put on big boy pants that didn't fit.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Varsity Bulldog geauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Both press boxes are dumps. Nice reach on comparisons. At least our home side has been powerwashed in the past 10 years.

I heard "Louisville-Lafayette" on the national news the other day, so your attempt to brand yourselves has been hysterically humorous to me.

Ragin' Cajuns should have been your focus all along, but you were too busy trying to put on big boy pants that didn't fit.
    LOL....the whole stadium was power washed last year, so you are wrong on that point.
    But yes, our PB might be even worse than ltu's. But my point is: I just don't get the whole EZ thing. IMO those are the worst views on the field, so I would not want to pay premium $$ for poor views. Better to re-do the home side rather than pour money into the EZ.
    What time frame are you guys planning on re-doing your PB? Didn't the student's already have to pass a fee for the EZ project, and is it expected that they will agree to pay more or extend it even further? If not, is there enough private sector $$ in the Ruston area to also do the PB? Not flaming, really just want to know.
    FYI: our Phase 1 of the Athletic Master Plan is wrapping up this summer with the completion of the APC & Track & Field complex. We have begun Phase Two; we are tweaking the plans for the $10 million reno of the Tigue, with that initial work starting this summer and total completion next year. We are also in the initial design phase (re-doing the 2nd level of the home side, adding suites, etc. and a new PB, thank you gods) of Cajun Field, and work on that is scheduled to start at about the same the work is finished @the Tigue.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

You can really make the argument both ways concerning PB vs EZ. The EZ has office, locker room, weight room, auditorium, and treatment facility upgrades that are needed badly. There are other details I am missing. It is not just premium seating. Those things are huge for players and coaches. The PB upgrade will be an improvement for fans, coaches, on field operation/presentation, and press and is also needed badly. However, at this point the EZ reached more people and filled more needs. At least IMO. All improvements are long overdue and we finally have leadership in place that realizes the value. Hoping all upgrades and other additions come around much more quickly considering the support shown for the SEZ after it got started.

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    You can really make the argument both ways concerning PB vs EZ. The EZ has office, locker room, weight room, auditorium, and treatment facility upgrades that are needed badly. There are other details I am missing. It is not just premium seating. Those things are huge for players and coaches. The PB upgrade will be an improvement for fans, coaches, on field operation/presentation, and press and is also needed badly. However, at this point the EZ reached more people and filled more needs. At least IMO. All improvements are long overdue and we finally have leadership in place that realizes the value. Hoping all upgrades and other additions come around much more quickly considering the support shown for the SEZ after it got started.
    Understood. You guys certainly are not only ones doing this, but I just don't like the trend, I guess. And I better understand now how it ticked off more items than just the PB.....as it well known, ;-), we were in desperate need of new locker rooms, etc. as well. Hud has said numerous times that he almost didn't take the job when he saw our current LR, etc. He is one happy Cajun Camper now, though. The APC is actually quite a bit larger than what was in the Master Plan, from ~85K to now ~100K....which was all his doing.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

LOL....the whole stadium was power washed last year, so you are wrong on that point.
    But yes, our PB might be even worse than ltu's. But my point is: I just don't get the whole EZ thing. IMO those are the worst views on the field, so I would not want to pay premium $$ for poor views. Better to re-do the home side rather than pour money into the EZ.
    What time frame are you guys planning on re-doing your PB? Didn't the student's already have to pass a fee for the EZ project, and is it expected that they will agree to pay more or extend it even further? If not, is there enough private sector $$ in the Ruston area to also do the PB? Not flaming, really just want to know.
    FYI: our Phase 1 of the Athletic Master Plan is wrapping up this summer with the completion of the APC & Track & Field complex. We have begun Phase Two; we are tweaking the plans for the $10 million reno of the Tigue, with that initial work starting this summer and total completion next year. We are also in the initial design phase (re-doing the 2nd level of the home side, adding suites, etc. and a new PB, thank you gods) of Cajun Field, and work on that is scheduled to start at about the same the work is finished @the Tigue.
    Last year on the powerwash, huh? Congratulations. (I will say you guys have more bench back seating. Tip of the hat to that . . ..)

Endzone party centers, lockerroom, training rooms, coaches offices, meeting rooms, weightrooms, are all about the C-USA arms race. It started in our WAC years. Sunbelters, I guess, don't see the need.

Our SEZ seating WILL become prime seating cuz the fan will be right over the action down below . . . the same area they'll be looking at on their smart phones in between plays. (And have the best view of our nice videoboard)

I expect our PBox improvements to have an emphasis on skyboxes. When does it happen? When it's necessary.

Happy for your baseball expansion. Your crowds deserve it.

Last year on the powerwash, huh? Congratulations. (I will say you guys have more bench back seating. Tip of the hat to that . . ..)

Endzone party centers, lockerroom, training rooms, coaches offices, meeting rooms, weightrooms, are all about the C-USA arms race. It started in our WAC years. Sunbelters, I guess, don't see the need.

Our SEZ seating WILL become prime seating cuz the fan will be right over the action down below . . . the same area they'll be looking at on their smart phones in between plays. (And have the best view of our nice videoboard)

I expect our PBox improvements to have an emphasis on skyboxes. When does it happen? When it's necessary.

Happy for your baseball expansion. Your crowds deserve it.
    Calm down dude...no need for such anger.
    First off, yes of course we see the need for better locker rooms, weight rooms, etc. That is what the 100k sq ft APC is all about. And the new sports plaza that is going to be built right outside of it and leading to the tunnel entrance will be a great spot for celebration spaces. I am attaching a pic of what the main meeting room in the APC will look like.
    And as stated, our renovation of the home side......that will be starting next year.....will also be all about sky boxes/suites, new PB, etc.
    But I thought we all agreed that the need for both our PB's and home sides are very much due NOW? That in fact they are very much past due???? That's why I asked what solid plans do you guys have on constructing it, how you hope to finance it, etc. Same question would be for your IPF????
    image.jpg

Calm down dude...no need for such anger.
    First off, yes of course we see the need for better locker rooms, weight rooms, etc. That is what the 100k sq ft APC is all about. And the new sports plaza that is going to be built right outside of it and leading to the tunnel entrance will be a great spot for celebration spaces. I am attaching a pic of what the main meeting room in the APC will look like.
    And as stated, our renovation of the home side......that will be starting next year.....will also be all about sky boxes/suites, new PB, etc.
    But I thought we all agreed that the need for both our PB's and home sides are very much due NOW? That in fact they are very much past due???? That's why I asked what solid plans do you guys have on constructing it, how you hope to finance it, etc. Same question would be for your IPF????
    Attachment 12782
    \

Anger? Psssst!

I got more things to worry about than your sprawling shed. (That is the visitors dressing room we walked to, what?, 130 miles south of the endzone?)

Hang in there, sport.

Attachment 12783And the layout of the new sports plaza:
    Attached Images Attached Images

\

Anger? Psssst!

I got more things to worry about than your sprawling shed. (That is the visitors dressing room we walked to, what?, 130 miles south of the endzone?)

Hang in there, sport.
    ????
    And curious that you still haven't answered my questions about your construction plans???? Of your new PB, sky boxes, IPF, etc.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

????

And curious that you still haven't answered my questions about your construction plans???? Of your new PB, sky boxes, IPF, etc.
    Are you Cajuns fan, Vermillion White, and La Cajun Fan, depending on which boards you post on? A Cajun fan whose moniker is Cajuns fan claims to have posted his argument (thereby claiming to be you) for the use of UL or Louisiana in a PM to me, as well as claiming "victory" in his argument. Well, I do not concede, as it has been pointed out that your argument is faulty by all logic and reasoning. As "insert state's name" is a common abbreviation for U of State or State U, the use of Louisiana as your moniker is precluded by law, specifically. Any use of UL or Louisiana, academically or athletically, is illegal and unethical. The law is clear in its intent. Whether or not the law is good or necessary is another question entirely. Why don't you folks just pursue the name UL legally? That is a better question and would resolve the issue you folks have created. That would be logical and ethical. You folks have a fine university @ Lafayette as we do in Louisiana Tech University. We know who we are. You folks apparently don't and it doesn't make sense to claim to be something that you are not.

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    Are you Cajuns fan, Vermillion White, and La Cajun Fan, depending on which boards you post on? A Cajun fan whose moniker is Cajuns fan claims to have posted his argument (thereby claiming to be you) for the use of UL or Louisiana in a PM to me, as well as claiming "victory" in his argument. Well, I do not concede, as it has been pointed out that your argument is faulty by all logic and reasoning. As "insert state's name" is a common abbreviation for U of State or State U, the use of Louisiana as your moniker is precluded by law, specifically. Any use of UL or Louisiana, academically or athletically, is illegal and unethical. The law is clear in its intent. Whether or not the law is good or necessary is another question entirely. Why don't you folks just pursue the name UL legally? That is a better question and would resolve the issue you folks have created. That would be logical and ethical. You folks have a fine university @ Lafayette as we do in Louisiana Tech University. We know who we are. You folks apparently don't and it doesn't make sense to claim to be something that you are not.
    Another huge word salad, that also once again dodges a very simple and direct question:
    produce the law that contains language that we are 'precluded' from using 'Louisiana'

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

Since you'll admit that UL alone is against the law, can you explain this page (sanctioned by ULL) that is full of UL references? Looks like a blatant violation of the law to me.

http://www.athleticnetwork.net/site534.php

It even goes as far as to say this:
    The school has evolved from the Southwestern Louisiana Industrial Institute to the Southwestern Louisiana Institute to the University of Southwestern Louisiana to the University of Louisiana.

+ Reply to Thread