+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Schedule???

Puppy SummaCumDoggy is on top of his/her gameSummaCumDoggy is on top of his/her gameSummaCumDoggy is on top of his/her gameSummaCumDoggy is on top of his/her gameSummaCumDoggy is on top of his/her gameSummaCumDoggy is on top of his/her gameSummaCumDoggy is on top of his/her gameSummaCumDoggy is on top of his/her gameSummaCumDoggy is on top of his/her gameSummaCumDoggy is on top of his/her gameSummaCumDoggy is on top of his/her game

Re: 2016 Schedule???

Pretty pissed off as a season ticket holder. Not gonna lie.

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I actually think it's a much better idea than most posters think. We already know LA State is having trouble finding marketable, OOC teams to come to BR. So get STATE to come to Ruston once for football, and we'll go to BR twice for football and maybe twice for basketball.

Now before everbody says "no"....just remember that having LA State play LA Tech in Ruston (or Shreveport, but I prefer Ruston) could lead to a complete RE-BRANDING of LA Tech football as north Louisiana's team. We would likely have new fans coming out of the wood work. Furthermore, LA Tech could likely sell every seat in JAS as part of a season ticket package, because many Tiger fans would rush to buy the season tickets just to get the game ticket. And they my even attend another Tech game later in the year.

The two football games in BR would still be good for our football program (and Skip's teams are good enough to compete now), and our men's basketball team needs the 2 trips to BR worse than LSU does.
    I really like this idea. Many of the tigger "fans" up here can't afford to make multiple trips to BR, but they could to come to Ruston.

I'm not sure I'd call a lot of them "diehards" either. They root for LSU because it's what they know, and it's how they grew up. They aren't dominant right now, and we're on the rise. A couple of trips to catch games in Ruston because they bought tickets for every game could probably sway some of them to this side with a good showing on our part. Just can't have a bunch of purple and yellow walking in the Joe after LSU is gone.

Varsity Bulldog Brad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    So in the next 3 or 4 years, we'll be playing the following schools OOC:

Kansas State
    Texas Tech
    Mississippi St
    Arkansas
    Baylor
    Texas A&M
    UMass
    We do have home and home series with Boling Green and South Alabama. Since they have not been mentioned in the recent stories, is it safe to assume that they have not been changed or deleted.

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/conf...h-bulldogs.php

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I think we should schedule SMU and build our presence in the Big D. They got future games with a few Texas schools on their schedule (TCU, Baylor, North Texas). I think having Tech on their schedule would look good.

Louisiana Tech

09/09 - Mississippi State
    09/30 - South Alabama
    TBD - at SMU

09/01 - at South Alabama
    09/22 - Bowling Green

09/14 - Bowling Green
    TBD - SMU

Southern Methodist

09/09 - North Texas
    09/16 - at TCU
    TBD - Louisiana Tech

09/01 - at North Texas
    09/15 - at Michigan
    09/29 - TCU
    TBD - assume it will be FCS

09/07 - North Texas
    TBD - at Louisiana Tech

Big Dog dawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud of dawg1984's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    I think we should schedule SMU and build our presence in the Big D. They got future games with a few Texas schools on their schedule (TCU, Baylor, North Texas). I think having Tech on their schedule would look good.
    Louisiana Tech

09/09 - Mississippi State
    09/30 - South Alabama
    TBD - at SMU

09/01 - at South Alabama
    09/22 - Bowling Green

09/14 - Bowling Green
    TBD - SMU

Southern Methodist

09/09 - North Texas
    09/16 - at TCU
    TBD - Louisiana Tech

09/01 - at North Texas
    09/15 - at Michigan
    09/29 - TCU
    TBD - assume it will be FCS

09/07 - North Texas
    TBD - at Louisiana Tech
    I don't see SMU going for N. Texas and Tech on its schedule in the same year. For that matter their conference may balk as well. I mean, losing to 2 CUSA teams AT HOME in the same season would NOT look good for SMU or the AAC. I, on the other hand, would love it. I live in DFW and it's always a pleasure watching the local media downplay SMU's lack of accomplishments. When June Jones had the Mustangs go to back-to-back bowl games the local media was starting to talk like SMU was on its way to P5 status.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg1984 View Post
    I don't see SMU going for N. Texas and Tech on its schedule in the same year. For that matter their conference may balk as well. I mean, losing to 2 CUSA teams AT HOME in the same season would NOT look good for SMU or the AAC. I, on the other hand, would love it. I live in DFW and it's always a pleasure watching the local media downplay SMU's lack of accomplishments. When June Jones had the Mustangs go to back-to-back bowl games the local media was starting to talk like SMU was on its way to P5 status.
    I guess we will never play them. They signed a multi year home/home contract.

SMU vs UNT
    2015 North Texas
    2016 @ North Texas
    2017 North Texas
    2018 @ North Texas
    2019 North Texas
    2020 @ North Texas
    2021 North Texas
    2022 @ North Texas
    2023 North Texas
    2024 @ North Texas
    2025 North Texas

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

Beat me to it, qng. I thought they had signed a long term deal with UNT in the not too distant past. I'm up for just about any AAC team though. Let's see what Tulsa, UCF, ECU, and even Cincinnati are up to. Those are games i'd like to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Built4Speed View Post
    Beat me to it, qng. I thought they had signed a long term deal with UNT in the not too distant past. I'm up for just about any AAC team though. Let's see what Tulsa, UCF, ECU, and even Cincinnati are up to. Those are games i'd like to see.

I would like to see Tulane, Memphis or Houston (the old CUSA teams I wanted us to be associated with). These games are drivable for both fanbases.

TMac, let's see what you can do.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

The final OOC game for 2016 doesnt have to be a FCS.

If it's the start of a home-and-home with an AAC team (or of a 2-for-1 with a P5) I promise not to grouse about having only 5 home games.

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

Why build the beautiful SEZ project and then limit the access to using it???

5 home games annually was what our AD's did when we didn't have anything else for revenue generation! Now with our team being successful, the new stadium addition and the opportunity for more bowl games (to make up for some of that revenue) - I think that more exposure to a home fan base would be critical!!! I have heard all along that avg. 30k at home would cure all the ills of having to find 'paycheck games'!!!! How will we ever get there without creating the demand?

And why in the hell is helping UMass with a home game more important than building our fan base at home???? Someone explain that one!

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    The final OOC game for 2016 doesnt have to be a FCS.

If it's the start of a home-and-home with an AAC team (or of a 2-for-1 with a P5) I promise not to grouse about having only 5 home games.
    There is that.

That would help, but if you had to bet. . .

I think I saw a tweet that there are X number of FCS teams lined up to play us for 2016.

Big Dog Cory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud of Cory's Avatar

Tech should schedule a revenge game against NSU and run the score up. Who cares that it's an FCS team. That loss will continue to sting until we get a rematch.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    Tech should schedule a revenge game against NSU and run the score up. Who cares that it's an FCS team. That loss will continue to sting until we get a rematch.
    I could go for that too ...

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

Guys -

We have 4 home games and 4 away games scheduled for us every year by C-USA.... done and done, we don't have to work on that at all - except to make sure we have plenty of ice and Pepsi!!!!! All our AD is taxed to do for football scheduling is to find 4 games and of those 4 - two at home! Okay, I can see how it is important to find the best possible away games for revenue and national exposure, but the main thing - since there are away games always available - is to find the two home games!!! Say, we do schedule NSU (I wouldn't, but that is me) or another FCS team, then all he then has to do is get one home game against a FBS team. No matter that it was Jim Oakes, Derek Dooley or even that 'ass of asses' BVDV - none of them seemed to be able to do it. Now we have TMac (who was supposed to be the second coming of incredible AD's) and he is falling into the same trap! He can't find one real and one gimme home game a year???? WHY does this keep happening at Tech???

DFiH

The rising star of ADs

+ Reply to Thread