+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Schedule???

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 2016 Schedule???

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Golden State....... Oh sorry, that's tomorrow

It's hard to say, but I am a huge Tiger fan this weekend. Never thought I would say that.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I tried to root for LSU, I really did, but I just couldn't. I was channel-surfing. Did catch bits and pieces of the game, and watched the 9th inning. If the tiggers were playing someone else, like McNeese, SLU....I could easily root for them to whip LSU. So, I ended up being neutral. Felt no different than if I were watching a Texas-Texas A&M, or a UVA vs. VA Tech game. Found I 100% honestly didn't care who won.

As for the name issue. It's really simple. There is no such entity as the "University of Louisiana." It is a system, but there is NO school by that name. Period.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Back in 1978 or so, might have the year wrong, anyway, Tech was one base hit away from reaching Omaha. Back then the winner of each of 8 regionals, with 4 teams each, advanced to the CWS. Tech played in the Austin Regional with UT, Okla State and Hawaii. We beat #1 ranked Tex (4-3, I think was the score) and eventually squared off with Hawaii, with both ranked teams UT and OSU eliminated from the tourney. UH beat us 2-1 and advanced to the CWS. Tech had the bases loaded with no outs in the 9th and couldn't score....

We also played in the NCAA baseball playoffs other years, but that was the closest Tech has come of reaching the CWS.

As for rooting for anyone in the CWS....I won't be watching that much. Will catch an inning or so now and again. But, I will be spending my sports TV watching time following the women's World Cup.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Remember that time Louisville almost beat LSU in a Super Regional? Me neither.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by geauxpnc View Post
    You people are just proving what low-life scum you are. Gotta love the fear, jealousy and pettiness!!!

WHEN IS THE LAST TIME THAT ltu was in Regional??? SR? How silly for you to be mocking us when we have grown so far from where you guys are.
    Yep ya'll grew all the way to the Sunbelt

Congrats on the Regional/SR in a sport that isn't followed by anyone, this was like when we would Crow about being a powerhouse in WBB, nobody really cares. Call me when you get that check from the Baseball revenue payouts...

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

We spend the money because it's part of running a Div I/FBS program and a member of CUSA. I'm proud of the men and women on all of our teams, and think it's great when they do well, but really am not and never have been interested in baseball. It's not America's past time (and hasn't been for a long time). You crow about going to SR's, the majority say's "Meh"...

I was in Florida this weekend, no one had a clue there was a SR going on or who was in it. I had to go lookup the results on KATCs (nothing on ESPN/Yahoo Sports App) so congrats on your "exposure" which was mainly in the Acadiana/BR area, plus a little in NOLA; where everyone already knows who you are and the majority were cheering for LSU.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

I feel making a SR is quite an accomplishment. No reason to ask our players. I know a couple (peripherally through a local high school baseball coach), so I will ask them when I can. I'm sure they would love to be a part of it. Now, YOU ask how other schools in the UL System feel about @ Lafayette's attempt at usurping the UL and/or Louisiana name. How about that? Ask other people in Louisiana, other than those in the Lafayette area, how THEY feel about it. How about that? Go over to the ULM board and ask them how they feel about @ Lafayette's name game nonsense. How about that? You know how I and many other Tech folks feel.

I would have pulled for @ Lafayette had it not been by the poor way you folks represent yourselves as a fan base when it comes to Tech. I expect it out of LSU folks, but most of that comes from those that have never set foot on campus. The REAL Tigers are different than the Wal Mart tigers. You actual @ Lafayette folks are like the Wal Mart tigers. You folks declared war on Tech, not the other way around. But, by God, a Bulldog can beat a Chili Pepper any day of the week.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Before UL hyphen L began trying this desperate attempt to elevate the status of the university by calling itself something it isn't, I had no problem with them. Now...I actually have more respect for the University of Louisiana at Monroe!!!

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Before UL hyphen L began trying this desperate attempt to elevate the status of the university by calling itself something it isn't, I had no problem with them. Now...I actually have more respect for the University of Louisiana at Monroe!!!
    And the fact that this becomes the case makes me even angrier!!

Big Dog SIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    I didn't know you could have less than no respect. All kidding aside, I never had a problem with ULL at all prior to their identity crisis. I honestly don't think they realize that the rest of the schools in the state either don't give a rat's because they are a sun belt school, or they laugh at them. I still don't know why they didn't try to get the name changed to Acadian University or University of Acadiana, better than directional, no longer tied to northeast.

Big Dog dawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud of dawg1984's Avatar

I think Tech should have some fun with the "Louisiana" brand when @ Lafayette comes to Ruston this fall. Make up a bunch of Loyal Blue caps and T-shirts with "LOUISIANA" in big white letters outlined in red on the front and a big State-T on the back. Better yet, make the caps red like the one geauxpnc posted earlier in this thread except and put a big State-T on the back.

Varsity Bulldog geauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegeauxpnc Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by dawg1984 View Post
    I think Tech should have some fun with the "Louisiana" brand when @ Lafayette comes to Ruston this fall. Make up a bunch of Loyal Blue caps and T-shirts with "LOUISIANA" in big white letters outlined in red on the front and a big State-T on the back. Better yet, make the caps red like the one geauxpnc posted earlier in this thread except and put a big State-T on the back.
    Yeah, along with you guys wasting a lot of $$$$$$ trying to 'sue' us, the next best thing would be to see you guys give up your brand. Lol

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

How about a blue shirt and printed on front is

WE ARE LOUISIANA...........

and on back is

TECH!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

The motto of our football game this year...

Flagship vs. Fagship

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    The motto of our football game this year...

Flagship vs. Fagship
    Pregame motivational speeches given by Kurt Hester and Richard Simmons.

+ Reply to Thread