+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 of the best (in their respective positions) in Tech history on the same team?

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

4 of the best (in their respective positions) in Tech history on the same team?

Kenneth Dixon--Already one of the best in Tech history and his skill set keeps expanding.

Adarius Barnes--He's a lockdown corner, better than Tramon (in college). He's a pro, no doubt.

Vernon Butler--Early round draft pick. Would be ALL SEC.

Xavier Woods--Best safety ever to play at LaTech? I think so.

Others that might get drafted.... Wixon, Dora, Driskell, Brice, Abraham.... ?
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Re: 4 of the best (in their respective positions) in Tech history on the same team?

This year is going to be a special year for the Bulldogs!
    And FANS!

Big Dog Terence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of light Terence32's Avatar

Re: 4 of the best (in their respective positions) in Tech history on the same team?

Kenneth Dixon-- Is by far the best RB in Tech history. Daniel Porter is 2nd

Adarius Barnes--He's a lockdown corner, he is great no doubt about that. But he is not a better corner than Tramon. T Will played against much better WR's and locked them all down.

Vernon Butler--Early round draft pick. Would be ALL SEC. I agree

Xavier Woods--Best safety ever to play at LaTech? It's not even close, he and Brice are the best two safeties to ever play at tech.

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

You guys got me all pumped up for football in middle of May!!!

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Terence32 View Post
    Kenneth Dixon-- Is by far the best RB in Tech history. Daniel Porter is 2nd

Adarius Barnes--He's a lockdown corner, he is great no doubt about that. But he is not a better corner than Tramon. T Will played against much better WR's and locked them all down.

Vernon Butler--Early round draft pick. Would be ALL SEC. I agree

Xavier Woods--Best safety ever to play at LaTech? It's not even close, he and Brice are the best two safeties to ever play at tech.
    Drink koolaid much?

There's been a lot of good football players come thru Ruston.

Porter was not better than Moats, and while you could make the argument for Dixon, "by far" is stretching it. Give me Moats over Dixon.

Big Dog Terence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of light Terence32's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hambone29 View Post
    Drink koolaid much?

There's been a lot of good football players come thru Ruston.

Porter was not better than Moats, and while you could make the argument for Dixon, "by far" is stretching it. Give me Moats over Dixon.

Moats over Dixon? Moats was great, not taking anything away from him. Dixon is the better back at receiving, rushing, and blocking. If you can't see that then your the one drinking the koolaid. BS on the Porter comment. Porter was a great back.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Terence32 View Post
    Moats over Dixon? Moats was great, not taking anything away from him. Dixon is the better back at receiving, rushing, and blocking. If you can't see that then your the one drinking the koolaid. BS on the Porter comment. Porter was a great back.
    Dixon is better than Moats IMO but I think it's closer than some may think. Gap could widen after this, Dixons Senior year. Both of them are a level above Porter. Porter was a very good RB, but Moats had 100 yard games for the Texans and Eagles. Love Porter, love his heart and grit, but he's just not in that class.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Also I think you have to distinguish between SS and FS when discussing best safety ever. Bobby Gray was a pretty damn good SS. Xavier might be the best FS. Would be Interesting to hear others opinions on this.

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

Moats averaged more yards from scrimmage and more yards per rushing attempt.

Rushing stats:

Moats
    2002 Louisiana Tech WAC FR RB 10 12 38 3.2 0
    2003 Louisiana Tech WAC SO RB 12 199 1300 6.5 10
    2004 Louisiana Tech WAC JR RB 12 288 1774 6.2 18
    Career Louisiana Tech 499 3112 6.2 28

Dixon
    2012 Louisiana Tech WAC JR RB 12 200 1194 6.0 27
    2013 Louisiana Tech CUSA JR RB 10 151 917 6.1 4
    *2014 Louisiana Tech CUSA JR RB 14 253 1299 5.1 22
    Career Louisiana Tech 604 3410 5.6 53

Moats was also just as good a receiving threat as Dixon.

Moats had 48 catches for 441 yards (9.2 yd/rec).
    Dixon has 54 catches for 505 yards (9.4 yd/rec).

These stats reflect 2 years as a starter for Moats. Dixon has started for 3 seasons.

Like I said, the argument can be made for either player, but there is no "by far" between the two.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

It is very close. I am eager to see what Dixon is going to do his senior year. Can't wait for football!!!!!!!!!

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Moats and Dixon were different type running backs. Dixon can run over people and maintain balance though contact better. Moats could hit the edge faster and had a faster top gear. Porter was more like Dixon.

Just my opinion.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    Moats and Dixon were different type running backs. Dixon can run over people and maintain balance though contact better. Moats could hit the edge faster and had a faster top gear. Porter was more like Dixon.

Just my opinion.
    Interesting. I believe Dixon has a faster top gear based on the number of times each was./has been caught from behind. I agree about Moats hitting the edge faster, but disagree on Porter being more like Dixon. I think he was more like Moats.

Varsity Bulldog DoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the rough DoubleDDawg's Avatar

And cousin Dancy on deck .

Big Dog NavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to all

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Also I think you have to distinguish between SS and FS when discussing best safety ever. Bobby Gray was a pretty damn good SS. Xavier might be the best FS. Would be Interesting to hear others opinions on this.
    I agree. Antonio Baker was also a solid SS. I remember Weldon Brown being a good FS, but I don't remember anybody being as good as Xavier.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

+ Reply to Thread