+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Billy Laird

Big Dog counselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of light

Billy Laird

Perhaps I missed the notice on our boards, but former great Tech quarterback Billy Laird suffered a major stroke on May 12. He is currently on life support.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Re: Billy Laird

Prayers to Billy Laird and his family.

Big Dog TechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by counselingdawg View Post
    Perhaps I missed this on our boards, but former great Tech quarterback Billy Laird suffered a major stroke on May 12. He is currently on life support.
    surprised this has not made the Shreveport Times. When he was the QB at Tech from Woodlawn High School in Shreveport which was a new school at the time, they played Rice when they were part of old Southwest Conference. Game played in the rain and was a hard fought game we lost. My Aunt in Houston always talked about what a great game it was. Rice fans stood up at end of game and applauded our team for their effort. Laird started the tradition of great QB in the 60's from Woodlawn.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechFanno1 View Post
    surprised this has not made the Shreveport Times. When he was the QB at Tech from Woodlawn High School in Shreveport which was a new school at the time, they played Rice when they were part of old Southwest Conference. Game played in the rain and was a hard fought game we lost. My Aunt in Houston always talked about what a great game it was. Rice fans stood up at end of game and applauded our team for their effort. Laird started the tradition of great QB in the 60's from Woodlawn.
    TRUE

Bulldog Tech62 is a jewel in the roughTech62 is a jewel in the roughTech62 is a jewel in the roughTech62 is a jewel in the roughTech62 is a jewel in the roughTech62 is a jewel in the roughTech62 is a jewel in the roughTech62 is a jewel in the roughTech62 is a jewel in the roughTech62 is a jewel in the roughTech62 is a jewel in the rough

I was at that game! Bulldogs played their hearts out. One you hate to lose, but still proud.

Champ RhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Billy Laird went on to play professional football. He is one of five former pro quarterbacks that currently call Ruston home.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RhinoDawg View Post
    Billy Laird went on to play professional football. He is one of five former pro quarterbacks that currently call Ruston home.
    Interesting...

Slaughter, Laird, Jones, Rattay, ???

Dub Jones was a RB right?

Edit: I remember now...

Champ RhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Patrick Ramsey

Dub was not a qb.

4 out of 5 ain't bad.

We had 6 for a brief time; Doug Williams was living here for a short time after Tim moved back.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RhinoDawg View Post
    Patrick Ramsey

Dub was not a qb.

4 out of 5 ain't bad.
    Yes, I remembered after the post. I believe Dub Jones played offense, defense, and special teams.

Sorry to get off track here. I've seen many prayer request for Coach Laird on FB the past several weeks.

Puppy exflash Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeexflash Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeexflash Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeexflash Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeexflash Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeexflash Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeexflash Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeexflash Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeexflash Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeexflash Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeexflash Ultimate jerk and not worth your time exflash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Yes, I remembered after the post. I believe Dub Jones played offense, defense, and special teams.

Sorry to get off track here. I've seen many prayer request for Coach Laird on FB the past several weeks.
    Played for the Cajuns against him.....pretty damn good hand......kind of like today with some teams with a pro look and others with the zone read scrambler qb type.....tech was the drop back type and we the latter....probably our best game coming in to the tech HC for a win......I think I outscord Tech!!!

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

Good for you. Or, is that your way of giving some sort of respect toward Mr. Laird?

He made many of my Fall Saturdays enjoyable at TECH. My prayer is for the grace of God to be upon and with him and his family, and those attending to his health, and for him to have the strength and perseverance for recovery.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Had not heard. Prayers for him and his family.

Varsity Bulldog ETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of light

I also was there and it was very close!

Varsity Bulldog dawg419 is just really nicedawg419 is just really nicedawg419 is just really nicedawg419 is just really nicedawg419 is just really nicedawg419 is just really nicedawg419 is just really nicedawg419 is just really nicedawg419 is just really nicedawg419 is just really nicedawg419 is just really nice dawg419's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post

Dub played "split back" which was the beginning of the real receivers. Caught many passes from Otto Graham. His son, Bert Jones, also lives in Ruston (QB for Baltimore Colts and LA Rams).

+ Reply to Thread