+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2015 NBA Draft

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

2015 NBA Draft

@paulcoro
    Louisiana Tech's Kenneth Smith ran 27 lengths of the court in 3 minutes. Near the Suns workout record of 28.25, set by ASU's Carrick Felix.
    2:32 PM - 27 May 2015
    Coming off a Grade 2 sprain no less. I bet he could have murdered that record before the injury.

Joining Pangos in the category of speedy point guards was a Lousiana Tech senior actually bearing the nickname “Speedy,” Kenneth Smith. A 6’3″ point guard, Smith is also projected to be a second round pick or go undrafted. His lightning quickness gives him an advantage on both ends of the floor, using his agility to rack up steals on one end and find open players on the other.

“Speedy’s just a guy that, he played hard, he used his quickness on both ends of the court to push the ball up and down in a full-court game and defensively to pressure guys,” Hornacek said. “These guys are all here for a reason. It’s not like our guys pulled them out of thin air and said, ‘Eh, let’s try this guy out.’ These guys all have skills and they showed it today.”

“Speedy” could be another option for the Suns in the second round if they like what they saw, especially since he’s a pass-first point guard, a good rebounder for his position and an improving shooter. Smith was also unavailable for comment.
    Phoenix Suns: Draft Workouts Day 2 Recap

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

Re: 2015 NBA Draft

Speedy was also thanking the Mavs for "an opportunity" the other day on Twitter, which I can only assume was a workout like he got with the Suns.

I'd be shocked if he isn't drafted. He has way too much upside.

Can you imagine him running an offense with a lineup like Golden State's? Speedy, Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, Draymond Green, and Andrew Bogut? He'd lead the league in assists, and Curry would probably score 33ppg.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dowty View Post
    Speedy was also thanking the Mavs for "an opportunity" the other day on Twitter, which I can only assume was a workout like he got with the Suns.

I'd be shocked if he isn't drafted. He has way too much upside.

Can you imagine him running an offense with a lineup like Golden State's? Speedy, Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, Draymond Green, and Andrew Bogut? He'd lead the league in assists, and Curry would probably score 33ppg.
    He'll play, but I'll be pleasantly surprised if he's drafted. I just don't know if he has the media oomph (through no fault of his own) to overcome the hype around the current mock draftees. There's always way less surprises than I hope for.

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

The last mock draft I saw on E$PN (can't remember who put it together) had him going in the middle of the second round. I may be a little biased, but given the right situation (like Millsap) I could see him making an All-Star team or 2 in his career.

Big Dog gabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud of

The last mock draft I saw on E$PN (can't remember who put it together) had him going in the middle of the second round. I may be a little biased, but given the right situation (like Millsap) I could see him making an All-Star team or 2 in his career.
    I'd be pleasantly suprised if he's drafted, as someone else said.

I agree he can play D at the nba level, and perhaps run an offense at the nba level... But I can't recall a PG making the allstar team based on those 2 qualities alone. He'll have to be able to score some at an nba level; and I just don't see it.

So he could get drafted, could make a roster. But imo it's a huge leap to call him potential allstar caliber.

I hadnt seen that one -- if so it'd be the first one that mentioned him.

Not that he can't do it or won't be -- but there's not the same level of buzz around him (even though there should be)

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gabzooks View Post
    I'd be pleasantly suprised if he's drafted, as someone else said.

I agree he can play D at the nba level, and perhaps run an offense at the nba level... But I can't recall a PG making the allstar team based on those 2 qualities alone. He'll have to be able to score some at an nba level; and I just don't see it.

So he could get drafted, could make a roster. But imo it's a huge leap to call him potential allstar caliber.
    Are you saying Speedy can't score?
    It's time to close the doors to the Temple of Janus.

Big Dog gabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    Are you saying Speedy can't score?
    No. He can score, even if he's often reluctant. But I don't think he can score at an elite nba PG level sufficient to be an allstar (like 13-16 pts)

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I would be okay with him playing more like CP3 and less like Russell Westbrook or Allen Iverson. Not comparing him directly to those players and their production as much as the style. He does need to work on his shooting. His quickness will allow him to get to the rim and he always is a threat to find the open man in traffic. I have his hopes for him just because of his character, work ethic, and ability to be the glue in a locker room.

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I would be okay with him playing more like CP3 and less like Russell Westbrook or Allen Iverson. Not comparing him directly to those players and their production as much as the style. He does need to work on his shooting. His quickness will allow him to get to the rim and he always is a threat to find the open man in traffic. I have his hopes for him just because of his character, work ethic, and ability to be the glue in a locker room.
    Fair analogy. He would definitely be more of a distribute first PG like CP3, not score first like Westbrook. But again, even the distributing, allstar-caliber PG (eg Stockton, CP3, Nash) can score nearly whenever they want. Just not sure Speedy has that potential in him. Again, I just hope he gets drafted and/or makes a roster. Wishing the best for him; he's a class act.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

I think he would be the kind of guy the Spurs would take with his unselfish play, speed, and passing capabilities. The Spurs aways seem to pick up players like that who are unhyped.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

He's going to have to hit open jumpers or they will play off of him and crowd up the floor/passing lanes.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I could see maybe comparing Speedy to a Charlie Ward or Devin Harris but it's beyond premature to compare him to the league's best point guards.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Speedy passed up a LOT of shots and earned that top assist leader, but if you guys don't remember how he can score when needed, you missed a LOT of games. When the game was on the line, Speedy is where I wanted the ball to be.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Speedy passed up a LOT of shots and earned that top assist leader, but if you guys don't remember how he can score when needed, you missed a LOT of games. When the game was on the line, Speedy is where I wanted the ball to be.
    He hit timely shots. He didn't shoot a high percentage or finish around the rim well enough IMO

+ Reply to Thread