+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: #LaTechLegends

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Football #LaTechLegends

Kinda wanted to do a dump of what I've found regarding of some of our former Dawgs trying to find NFL playing time. Apologies if some of this has already been posted.

The Raiders waived safety Terrell Pinson to make room on the roster [for Chimdi Chekwa].
    Lots of good vibes coming from SF.

Quinton Patton's time to shine
    San Francisco 49ers Draft Is Show of Faith in Bruce Ellington and Quinton Patton
    The new and improved Quinton Patton
    Niners' Patton Says Third Year Will be His Best

In all likelihood, Patton is competing for the third WR spot. While we don't know what the offense is going to look like this year since we have a new OC, this means that realistically Patton will be a support guy more than a superstar. We all love him around here, but I think most can agree that he will not be making the Pro Bowl in the coming year.
    Patton knows he has a golden opportunity under a new head coach and staff to make a statement and he’s determined to make the most of it.
    “I’m not going to say it’s my time, but I’m coming,” Patton said. “Playtime is over with.”
    Oakland Raiders' best bargains in 2015: No. 5 Justin Ellis

After not starting until Week 3 as a rookie, Ellis is penciled in as the full-time starter this season alongside free agent Dan Williams, who for comparison's sake is scheduled to make $8 million this year. With the Raiders paying Williams a hefty salary, Ellis is the perfect, relatively cheap complement on the Oakland defensive line.
    10 observations from rookie minicamp [Liggins]

Le’Vander Liggins got the first “Who’s 27?” query on Friday from O’Brien after he ran down on special teams and was in perfect position. Another player here on a tryout, Liggins is a 5’11”, 190 lb. cornerback from Louisiana Tech. Obviously, there can be nothing more important than to have the team’s head coach single you out and that happened early in Friday’s practice for Liggins. By Saturday, O’Brien had learned Liggins name as he made another couple of quality plays.
    I also found this (Rolling Stone isn't a paragon of journalistic integrity but I'll allow it): After the Draft: College Football Stars Find a New Home in Japan

Colby Cameron was once recognized as the top quarterback in NCAA Division I football, winning the Sammy Baugh Trophy following his senior season at Louisiana Tech.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: #LaTechLegends

Quinton Patton Eyes a Breakout Season in 2015

Wide receiver Quinton Patton found himself on the receiving end of a 50-yard touchdown pass from Colin Kaepernick in the opening team period. The wide receiver lined up on the right and ran a deep post, getting behind safeties Eric Reid and Antoine Bethea before hauling in the perfect throw from Kaepernick.

“Perfect throw. Perfect catch. Perfect touchdown to start the day off right,” Patton said.

The highlight-reel play was followed by a brief touchdown celebration, which Patton joked about following practice.

“I had to hit the tootsie roll,” he said. “I saw Antonio Brown do it one time so I thought, ‘Man I’ve got to practice that.’”
    Oakland Raiders Have A Clear Path To An AFC West Title In 2015

A front seven of Lofton, Smith, Williams, Sio Moore, Khalil Mack, Justin Ellis, and Justin Tuck is a very formidable unit that will be incredibly tough against the run.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

I am so proud of Justin Ellis.

He came to Tech too over weight to play. Evidently he committed himself, worked his ass off, persevered and look at him now!!

Great job Justin!

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    I am so proud of Justin Ellis.

He came to Tech too over weight to play. Evidently he committed himself, worked his ass off, persevered and look at him now!!

Great job Justin!
    One of my buddies at work, for reasons I'll never understand, is a huge Raiders fan. He was telling me about Ellis all last year. They love him out there. He showed me an article last year that had Jelly grading out as one of the highest ranked DT's in the league against the run. If I'm not mistaken he graded out higher than any rookie DT against the run.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    One of my buddies at work, for reasons I'll never understand, is a huge Raiders fan. He was telling me about Ellis all last year. They love him out there. He showed me an article last year that had Jelly grading out as one of the highest ranked DT's in the league against the run. If I'm not mistaken he graded out higher than any rookie DT against the run.
    That is awsome....way to go, Justin!!!

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    And that will only help the reputation of Mitchell Bell as he tries to make the team on the opposite side of the ball.

From everything I can tell, the General looks close to official in the slot this year.

Colin Kaepernick: Bar set high for 49ers QB in 2015

And the 49ers are giving him every opportunity to do just that, finally adding a legitimate deep threat in Torrey Smith and keeping his training partner, wide receiver Quinton Patton at the same area on the depth chart- the No. 3 spot, a.k.a. “the slot receiver”.

Bears' depth chart, projected starters 2015:
    Starters: LT Bushrod, LG Slauson, C Montgomery, RG Long, RT Jordan Mills
    Chicago Bears: Breaking Down the Offensive Line:
    The right side is slated to see Pro Bowl guard Kyle Long on the inside, but there seems to be some concern at the right tackle position. Jordan Mills, the 2013 starter on the outside, was a constant liability for the line. There were times where former offensive coordinator Aaron Kromer had to assign an extra blocker to help out on the side. That type of constant aid is unacceptable at this level.
    Bears claim offensive tackle Paul Cornick off waivers:
    With Kyle Long apparently remaining at guard for the time being, Cornick could become Jordan Mills most formidable competition at right tackle. He’s definitely familiar with Gase’s philosophies and language.

Chicago Bears RT Jordan Mills is 'foot-worry-free' as he enters Year Three
    John Fox wouldn't get specific when asked about Mills, explaining that he has to wait until the linemen get into pads to really evaluate them, but he did say that Mills has "grasped the protections, the run schemes" and "with all our linemen, I've liked what I've seen."

For Mills, this is a great opportunity. He gets a full, healthy offseason to get ready for Year Three, and despite some struggles his first two seasons, he has the confidence of Ryan Pace and Fox. The Bears did not draft an offensive tackle until the sixth round, when they took Tayo Fabuluje, a developmental prospect, and they did not sign any other tackle in free agency.

"It gives me great confidence, but if it would have happened, I would have come out with the same mindset," Mills said. "All I can do is do what I have to do. If they bring somebody in, that's to help our team. All I can do is help to make our team even better."

Giants waive linebacker Jones, sign Tony Johnson
    The Giants announced on Thursday that they had signed Tony Johnson and waived Ryan Jones.
    Johnson played two seasons at Louisiana Tech after transferring from Southwest Mississippi Community College. He had 92 tackles (52 solo), 2 1/2 sacks, seven tackles for losses, an interception and a fumble recovery in 24 games. He finished third on the team with 69 tackles last season.

Most of the news lately has been about Speedy (which is great!)

Raptors Expecting Range Of Talent Available With 20th Pick
    The six-player workout featured just two guards in Powell and UNLV’s Vaughn, and four forwards: Virginia’s Darion Atkins, Louisiana Tech’s Michale Kyser, Wisconsin’s Duje Dukan and Vaughn’s UNLV teammate Christian Wood.

Kyser had a workout with the Raptors.

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

football?

Quote Originally Posted by OLDBLUE View Post
    football?
    Didn't wanna make a separate thread, too lazy. So just threw Speedy and Kyser in here, haha (btw Kyser has a Clippers workout coming up).

+ Reply to Thread