+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseball Recruiting

Champ rebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond repute rebelboi's Avatar

Re: Baseball Recruiting

Catholic-New Iberia's JT Migues has committed

http://theadvocate.com/sports/acadia...cher-jt-migues

Varsity Bulldog Loftonbranch is on top of his/her gameLoftonbranch is on top of his/her gameLoftonbranch is on top of his/her gameLoftonbranch is on top of his/her gameLoftonbranch is on top of his/her gameLoftonbranch is on top of his/her gameLoftonbranch is on top of his/her gameLoftonbranch is on top of his/her gameLoftonbranch is on top of his/her gameLoftonbranch is on top of his/her gameLoftonbranch is on top of his/her game

Like the sound of the Migues kid. Where is Parker Bates from?

Champ rebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond repute rebelboi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Loftonbranch View Post
    Like the sound of the Migues kid. Where is Parker Bates from?
    Robert E. Lee in Tyler, TX like Brandon Durman

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

This is the best class in Central Louisiana that I can ever remember. For sure in the decade I've been here. Alexandria-Pineville has five Division I kids, while there are also a couple of really good ones on the fringe.

Tioga has three commitments already, and I don't know if we offered any of them. OF/1B Tremaine Spears, one of the best pure power hitters I've been around on the prep level, is going to ULL. RHP Connor Miller, who didn't have a great junior season but throws consistently in the upper 80s and recently touched 90, as well as SS Brady McGehee are committed to ULM. Tioga also has a junior catcher named Logan Dubois, who I think projects as a second baseman, and a sophomore pitcher named Dylan Coburn who was the team's ace last year as a freshman. I know Tech has seen Miller throw and also is monitoring Dubois and Coburn.

ASH has a big 6-6 righty named Matt Beck who plays SS but projects as a starting pitcher. He's the real deal. We've offered, along with NSU and LSUE. He's also a quarterback, and I don't understand why no one has offered him at that position. Taylor Burch is on the ASH staff, so maybe that gives Tech an inside edge. We'll see. I know Beck is interested in playing both sports, but unless something drastic changes over the next few months, he'll likely end up on the diamond only in college.

Pineville has a catcher named Keelyn Johnson. He moved to SS last season out of necessity, but he'll play catcher at the next level. He has some really good tools and can swing it, too. He has offers from NSU and Grambling. I've never seen so much talent in this area.

That's not counting Fairview RHP Brennan Maddox, an LSU commitment who can bring it in the low 90s, or Anacoco SS/RHP Will Reese, who I'm told we've offered for baseball but is likely going to try to pursue playing basketball in college. He's good enough, in my opinion, to play either sport at Tech.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Sure would be nice to see Matt Beck commit and sign with LA Tech baseball. We need this guy!

Varsity Bulldog Loftonbranch is on top of his/her gameLoftonbranch is on top of his/her gameLoftonbranch is on top of his/her gameLoftonbranch is on top of his/her gameLoftonbranch is on top of his/her gameLoftonbranch is on top of his/her gameLoftonbranch is on top of his/her gameLoftonbranch is on top of his/her gameLoftonbranch is on top of his/her gameLoftonbranch is on top of his/her gameLoftonbranch is on top of his/her game

Prof I sure do appreciate that level of insight. Can't find that kinda analysis in the Town Talk! I'm a a Grant Parish guy, and I'm hoping we have a few prospects come out of our parish in the next few years. Caleb
    Lasyone from Georgetown is going to NSU and a few kids from Grant High I believe are going to LC, but no big programs this year.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Prof I sure do appreciate that level of insight. Can't find that kinda analysis in the Town Talk! I'm a a Grant Parish guy, and I'm hoping we have a few prospects come out of our parish in the next few years. Caleb
    Lasyone from Georgetown is going to NSU and a few kids from Grant High I believe are going to LC, but no big programs this year.
    Clayton Noakes, who will be a senior at Grant this year, is a really, really good player. I don't think he has any offers yet, but I think he's better than the LC-LSUA level. I like the Lasyone kid. I think if he played at a bigger school, he might have had more opportunities. I think going to JUCO would be the best option for him. He can really play.

Is the McGehee kid from Tioga the son of Kevin McGehee who led Tioga to back-to-back state titles in the 80s?

http://www.thetowntalk.com/story/spo...-ulm/31117057/

Learned that Brady McGehee is the son of Kevin who starred at Tech and later played for the Orioles. The newspaper article above says that Brady turned down offer from Tech to play at ULM.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

http://www.thetowntalk.com/story/spo...-ulm/31117057/

Learned that Brady McGehee is the son of Kevin who starred at Tech and later played for the Orioles. The newspaper article above says that Brady turned down offer from Tech to play at ULM.
    Heard something about this one. I believe it was a position issue.

Matt Beck to LSU

Quote Originally Posted by rebelboi View Post
    Matt Beck to LSU
    I know we were on him pretty hard, and he was close to committing to us. But LSU offered this past weekend, and he committed on Monday.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    I know we were on him pretty hard, and he was close to committing to us. But LSU offered this past weekend, and he committed on Monday.
    Is he a junior or senior in high school?
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    i think senior

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    Matt is a senior this season. He's also the starting quarterback for ASH, and I think he's a D-1 QB. He has decided to just pursue baseball at LSU, though. At 6-7, I personally think Matt's best sport was basketball. However, he chose to give up that sport after his freshman season because playing football, basketball and baseball was just too much. He lettered in all three as a freshman and would have started in all three as a sophomore. He's also a great kid and a great student. I would have loved to have had him in Ruston, and he has had nothing but great things to say about the school and the staff. But it's hard for any kid in this state to turn down the chance to play for LSU. That's been his dream for a long time.

+ Reply to Thread