+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Football. Maxie Lambright on 2016 College Football Hall of Fame Ballot - latechsports

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Football. Maxie Lambright on 2016 College Football Hall of Fame Ballot - latechsports

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Former Louisiana Tech football coach and athletic director Maxie Lambright has been listed on the 2016 ballot for induction into the College Football Hall of Fame the National Football Foundation (NFF) & College Hall of Fame announced Tuesday.

More...

Discuss it here.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Re: Football. Maxie Lambright on 2016 College Football Hall of Fame Ballot - latechsp

Hopefully the nomination of Coach Lambright has not outkicked its coverage and voters will put him in. He was a great man, a great coach and a great representative of Tech.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Re: Football. Maxie Lambright on 2016 College Football Hall of Fame Ballot - latechsp

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Hopefully the nomination of Coach Lambright has not outkicked its coverage and voters will put him in. He was a great man, a great coach and a great representative of Tech.
    +1000

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

The heavy man --DawgPix-- is right for once. Coach Lambright built and maintained a remarkable football program at LA Tech during his 12-year tenure. I hope he goes in on the first vote.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Hopefully, Skip Holtz will keep winning and be at TECH for 12 years.

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    .... and win a couple 'o National Championships ... (Just thought I'd keep it goin')

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

In 1977 or '78, I interviewed Coach Maxie Lambright for The Tech Talk, and I asked him point blank if it was true that he had been offered other head coaching jobs......jobs with bigger schools....to leave LA Tech. He said "of course", but that he had family here, and that he would remain in Ruston as long as we would have him.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    In 1977 or '78, I interviewed Coach Maxie Lambright for The Tech Talk, and I asked him point blank if it was true that he had been offered other head coaching jobs......jobs with bigger schools....to leave LA Tech. He said "of course", but that he had family here, and that he would remain in Ruston as long as we would have him.
    Dont make 'em like that anymore.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Hopefully Skip Holtz will not get a new job next Feb. 4th and Louisiana Tech release our ~25 new signees to "explore their options elsewhere" just because Holtz left.

Big Dog TechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    Hopefully Skip Holtz will not get a new job next Feb. 4th and Louisiana Tech release our ~25 new signees to "explore their options elsewhere" just because Holtz left.
    Being a loyal Tech Fan is not for the weak of heart. If we have a great season in anything these days- it is hard to enjoy for any of length of time due to the "will they stay" that plays out.

Big Dog TechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the rough

In 1shared of '78, I interviewed Coach Maxie Lambright for The Tech Talk, and I asked him point blank if it was true that he had been offered other head coaching jobs......jobs with bigger schools....to leave LA Tech. He said "of course", but that he had family here, and that he would remain in Ruston as long as we would have him.
    Wow! I guess Billy Brewer leaving to go back to his Alumni Ole Miss is my first memory of leaving for greener pastures. Great story today that Sean Isabella shared of Middle Tennessee football head coach giving his raise back to school.to offset students increase in fees. Maxie Lambright tenure so appreciated.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechFanno1 View Post
    Wow! I guess Billy Brewer leaving to go back to his Alumni Ole Miss is my first memory of leaving for greener pastures. Great story today that Sean Isabella shared of Middle Tennessee football head coach giving his raise back to school.to offset students increase in fees. Maxie Lambright tenure so appreciated.
    . . . . and his staff of assistants who stayed.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    . . . . and his staff of assistants who stayed.
    If memory serves me right - alot of those assistants were former Tech players. Included I believe was Pat Collins who was passed over as HC at Tech went to Northeast. Dawnpix your memory is probably better than mine on this I am sure.

Quote Originally Posted by TechFanno1 View Post
    If memory serves me right - alot of those assistants were former Tech players. Included I believe was Pat Collins who was passed over as HC at Tech went to Northeast. Dawnpix your memory is probably better than mine on this I am sure.
    That's correct. After the 1978 Indy Bowl loss to ECU, Lambright chose to retire. Long time Tech assistant coach and former Tech player Pat Collins was passed over for the LA Tech head coaching job that went to Larry Beightol. Beightol, who had been hired away from Lou Holts' staff at Arkansas, literally didn't make it a full season. After a miserable start and a player revolt, Beightol was fired before Tech's final game of the 1979 season. Pat "Gravy" Patterson, Tech's head baseball coach at the time, stepped in and coached the Dawgs to a season ending victory over the NLU Indians in JAS.

Meanwhile, the jilted Pat Collins was eventually offered the NLU job, took it, and won a Div 1AA national championship in 1987. The man was a really good coach.

Along with the Kim Mulkey debacle, the non-hire of Pat Collins is one of LA Tech's biggest athletic mistakes of all time.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Along with the Kim Mulkey debacle, the non-hire of Pat Collins is one of LA Tech's biggest athletic mistakes of all time.
    Two folks who are way more unethical than Mike White.

+ Reply to Thread