+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Possibly a great year! (2015 prediction FB thread)

Champ cscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond repute

LaTech Possibly a great year! (2015 prediction FB thread)

I was looking through the schedule and below is how I hope the season will play out:

Southern - Should be a easy win and I believe it will be. The running game and defense will shine and Tech by 28 at half. Final score 56 - 10.
    1-0

at Western Kentucky* - This is the game that will make or break the season early. The good thing about this game is WKU strengths are offset by Techs strengths. Our D shines once again and Tech leads by 14 at half. WKU gets with in 7 but Tech finished it with a D TD. Final score 35-21.
    2-0

at Kansas State - I think Tech has a 50-50 shot at winning this game if the D is as aggressive as last year. I think Tech is down 3 at half but takes a lead into the 4th quarter. KSU scores with a field goal with no time left and wins by 1. Final 31 - 30 KSU.
    2-1

FIU* - This game is going to be a blow out. FIU has defense but no offense. Our D outscores them 45-6.
    3-1

Louisiana-Lafayette - Tech has better players and will need to be fired up to win this one. The D shines and Driskel makes ULALA wish Sokal was still at Tech. Driskel rushes for over 100 and throws for over 300. In the end its not that close. Final score 56-24.
    4-1

at UTSA* - I see UTSA as Techs newest rival. We hate them and they hate us. This turns out to be a close game as both D's play there ass off. Dixon scores on a long run to put it out of reach. Final score 24-10.
    5-1

at Mississippi State - This is going to be a competitive until the 4th. Both D's are playing crazy good and its 13-10 Bad Dogs late and they hold on.
    5-2

Middle Tennessee* - If we lose at home this will be the game. We will be sore after the tough loss to MSU and this game will have some adversity. Tech down by 7 at half but rallies late to win by 7. Final score 42-35.
    6-2

at Rice* - The Owls will be looking for revenge after last year. They wont get it. Driskel and Dixon go off in this game and Tech wins a shout. Final score 56 - 45.
    7-2 - Getting votes in the Top 25.

North Texas* - UNT at home with a terrible offense and secondary will make this a fun game for the home team. Up 21 at half and we get to see Higgins and Wilson late in the game. 56-14 with both UNT scores late.
    8-2 - 25th in the coaches poll (Access bowl talk starts)

at UTEP* - This is the WTF game as Tech scores early and often but this time UTEP doesn't quit. UTEP's ground game wears out the Tech D and Tech goes down. Final score 42-38 UTEP.
    8-3 - Drop out of top 25 and no access bowl.

Southern Miss* - Southern Miss has had a great year and comes in at 8-3 also with this game deciding who wins the West and home field for the Championship game. Both teams score at will but USM has 3 ints that setup 3 scores. Tech pulls away and wins 48-28.
    9-3 - West Champions and hosting Marshall in Ruston

C-USA Championship Game - This is going to be a bruising game. Both teams average almost 220 rushing. Tech's D stacks 9 men in the box to stop Johnson and Marshall does the same to Dixon. Driskel is the deciding factor as he throws for a career best 473 yards and 5 TDS. Tech wins a Thriller 59-56.
    10-3 and 25th in the poll again. (BSU has to lose it championship game for Tech to get access bowl and wins again)

Bowl Game (Heart of Dallas) - Michigan is riding high winning 4 of its last 4 to finish 7-5. Tech is the underdog but shouldn't be. The half is a battle as both teams feel each other out but 4 big plays lift Tech to a 20-10 half time lead. In the second half the D takes over and Tech prevails 34-24.

Tech finishes 11-3 and the Team is ranked in the final poll at 19th. Best Tech season ever. Also Woods decides to stay for his final year to anchor the D.

The worst Tech could do with the schedule is 4-8 if we revert back to 2013 Fball. 12 or 13 wins are also possible is Driskel and the OL are better than expected.

I need some FOOTBALL badly.

Bulldog S'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the rough

Re: Possibly a great year! (2015 prediction FB thread)

Of all the speculation that has been put out there, of this I am certain...This coming season will be either the greatest season ever or the greatest disapointment ever. I can't remember this much hype and optimism for ANY Tech team in the last decade. I'm hoping for the best.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by cscollis View Post
    I need some FOOTBALL badly.
    Yes you do. LOL We all do, though! Good prediction, but I have us winning one of the two P5 games and going with only one loss. The loss will be close, though. Access bowl will be ours, if the loss is only to MState or KState. Marshall goes to HOD this year, while we head to one of the big boy ones.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by S'PortDawg View Post
    Of all the speculation that has been put out there, of this I am certain...This coming season will be either the greatest season ever or the greatest disapointment ever. I can't remember this much hype and optimism for ANY Tech team in the last decade. I'm hoping for the best.
    Stay realistic... we are pretty good, but not great. Our starters are talented, but we don't have much depth... especially at LB, Corner, and OL. One game at a time and pray we stay healthy. 8 wins with this schedule is very doable, imo.

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    Stay realistic... we are pretty good, but not great. Our starters are talented, but we don't have much depth... especially at LB, Corner, and OL. One game at a time and pray we stay healthy. 8 wins with this schedule is very doable, imo.
    Agreed. We can compete with just about anyone with our starters, but there's a fairly steep dropoff after that, especially in the positions listed. I'm not the least bit worried about WR, RB, or DL.

Anything less than another bowl win will be a disappointment to me. I expect the offense to keep clicking, and the defense to keep doing their thing as well. Maybe fewer turnovers, but it'll be the difference in us beating WKU or UTEP 55-10 or something last year and 35-21 this year. It won't kill us to average 2.5 TOs per game instead of almost 4.

Dream season, while staying realistic- 11-3, CUSA championship, win over Okie State or Texas in the HOD bowl.

Probable season- 9-5, losses to KSU, MSU, Marshall in CUSA championship again, and pick two out of WKU/Rice/MTSU/Bowl opponent

Season that completely derails- 6-7, 3rd in the West behind Rice and a suprisingly resurgent USM, bowl loss to Central Michigan in the Bahamas

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

The summer is a time that anything is possible. I will save realism when/if we lose our first game.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cscollis View Post
    Bowl Game (Heart of Dallas) - Michigan is riding high winning 4 of its last 4 to finish 7-5. Tech is the underdog but shouldn't be. The half is a battle as both teams feel each other out but 4 big plays lift Tech to a 20-10 half time lead. In the second half the D takes over and Tech prevails 34-24.
    Need to change this to a Big XII team, but I like the enthusiasm.

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

0-12. Now I'll be the only one on this board that won't have something to gripe about this season

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Should win:
    1. Southern
    2. FIU
    3. ULL
    4. UTSA
    5. North Texas
    6. MTSU
    7. UTEP
    8. Southern Miss

Should lose:
    1. Kansas St
    2. Miss St

Could go either way:
    1. WKU
    2. Rice

Of the "should wins", I think MTSU, Southern Miss, and UTEP could be tougher than expected.

To me it all depends on if our defense plays as well without Diaz as it did with him. If they keep that fire and create havoc, we should be in great shape. I think we step up in QB and I think our OL will be good. Great shape with receivers and Dixon.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

As others have said, we have a great starting lineup but after that no one really knows. This is the year as next year will be a reloading year. I'm more concerned about an injury at CB than any other position.

Champ cscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond repute

I am most excited to Driskel run. He looked like a true freak of an athlete at the spring game. I would hate to have to try to stop our offense this year. A qb that can run and throw. 3 great WRs and one is a true deep threat. Dixon should run wild behind a better OL. This O will produce longer drives and just as many quick strikes this year. If I was calling the plays, I would throw the bomb on 1st and if need the read option and if we haven't scored on those 2, throw the ball for a first and repeat as necessary.

Damn I am way to excited.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

WK is key game ( assume Southern does not pull Northwestern)--I have posted before that they have awesome qb who had a horrendous game in Ruston--this will be his 11th yr starting and hung 49 points in first half of Bahama bowl ... we embarrassed them and I believe they have this game circled on their calendar-- same with Rice and the teams we beat by more than 40 last year ... plan to be at WK

Varsity Bulldog Brad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud of

8-4

Sure losses to Kansas State, Miss. Stake, and WKU, with a loss to either UTEP or Rice.

However, I will consider the year a success if we make it to a bowl since we haven't been to bowls in consecutive seasons since 1977 and 1978.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    8-4

Sure losses to Kansas State, Miss. Stake, and WKU, with a loss to either UTEP or Rice.

However, I will consider the year a success if we make it to a bowl since we haven't been to bowls in consecutive seasons since 1977 and 1978.
    Sure losses to K-State and WKU? Maybe a toss-up.

We have a lot of offensive weapons. If our D continues to do what they do, we are set up for a good year.

+ Reply to Thread