+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Possibly a great year! (2015 prediction FB thread)

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Re: Possibly a great year! (2015 prediction FB thread)

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    Should win:
    1. Southern
    2. FIU
    3. ULL
    4. UTSA
    5. North Texas
    6. MTSU
    7. UTEP
    8. Southern Miss

Should lose:
    1. Kansas St
    2. Miss St

Could go either way:
    1. WKU
    2. Rice

Of the "should wins", I think MTSU, Southern Miss, and UTEP could be tougher than expected.
    I will be happy with 9-3 but estactic with 10-2. WKU game --September 12 will set tone for season. worry about ULL

Big Dog Terence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of light Terence32's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    I will be happy with 9-3 but estactic with 10-2. WKU game --September 12 will set tone for season. worry about ULL
    your worried about ULL? Please don't

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Not sure who they are returning, but I do know they lose their QB Broadway.

Varsity Bulldog LeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the rough

Is Kansas State supposed to be down this year or something?

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

WKU is a key game, but I don't think it will set the tone for the season. If we can come back from an FCS loss last year and have the type of year we had, WKU shouldn't be a problem of rebounding IF we were to lose.

Big Dog Cory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud of Cory's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    8-4

Sure losses to Kansas State, Miss. Stake, and WKU, with a loss to either UTEP or Rice.

However, I will consider the year a success if we make it to a bowl since we haven't been to bowls in consecutive seasons since 1977 and 1978.
    Not true at all. WKU is far from a sure loss. They are essentially the same team that tech slaughtered last year, and the same team that nearly lost their bowl game to a less talented MAC team. Sure loss?!?! Give me a break. Tech could lose, but to say that it's a definite loss is rediculous...

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LeggoDawgs View Post
    Is Kansas State supposed to be down this year or something?
    A preview of what K-State are losing and returning
    http://talking12.com/2015/05/12/kans...ng-qb-in-2015/

"With most of his key weapons from an atypical K-State pass-heavy offense the past couple of seasons, including at the pivotal quarterback position, it won’t at all be surprising to see Snyder revert back to a run-oriented attack, with the passing game peppered in to keep opposing defenses honest."

Varsity Bulldog Brad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    Not true at all. WKU is far from a sure loss. They are essentially the same team that tech slaughtered last year, and the same team that nearly lost their bowl game to a less talented MAC team. Sure loss?!?! Give me a break. Tech could lose, but to say that it's a definite loss is rediculous...
    We catch them at a bad time: 1. The Hilltoppers will be motivated due to the beating they took last year. 2. They have 16 starters back on offense and defense, including a very experienced QB. 3. It is a Thursday night game on the road, which means it will be a short week for us (Yes, we throttled pUNT last year in a similar situation, but WKU will be better than pUNT was last year, and we will not have had the luxury of being battled-tested against adequate competition). 4. We will still be trying to find our stride with a new QB and 6 new starters on defense.

I am sorry that my prediction offended you, but I simply based it upon the fact we are playing on the road against a good, experienced team early in the season. I would like our chances much better if we played in the middle or later part of the season. I will be elated if I am wrong because I really don't care much for the WKU rabble, but I respect them, and I realize based upon our performances the past few years that we are very capable of laying some rotten eggs. Truth be told, there is not a game on the schedule that we don't have a plausible shot of winning, but at the same time, there isn't a game on in which there isn't a plausible chance we could lose.

While my opinion (prediction) that WKU is a definite loss for us may be "rediculous" (whatever that means), I don't think it is ridiculous. What is your prediction/opinion on the season?

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Access Bowl!

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    We catch them at a bad time: 1. The Hilltoppers will be motivated due to the beating they took last year. 2. They have 16 starters back on offense and defense, including a very experienced QB. 3. It is a Thursday night game on the road, which means it will be a short week for us (Yes, we throttled pUNT last year in a similar situation, but WKU will be better than pUNT was last year, and we will not have had the luxury of being battled-tested against adequate competition). 4. We will still be trying to find our stride with a new QB and 6 new starters on defense.

I am sorry that my prediction offended you, but I simply based it upon the fact we are playing on the road against a good, experienced team early in the season. I would like our chances much better if we played in the middle or later part of the season. I will be elated if I am wrong because I really don't care much for the WKU rabble, but I respect them, and I realize based upon our performances the past few years that we are very capable of laying some rotten eggs. Truth be told, there is not a game on the schedule that we don't have a plausible shot of winning, but at the same time, there isn't a game on in which there isn't a plausible chance we could lose.

While my opinion (prediction) that WKU is a definite loss for us may be "rediculous" (whatever that means), I don't think it is ridiculous. What is your prediction/opinion on the season?
    here is why I am flying to the game-- WKU had miserable defense last year-- they score 49 pts in first half of Bahama bowl and win because mac team failed on 2 point conversion. Granted, Doughtery was league MVP but will sit on bench while Dixon has field day. I am worried about the game and I think it puts a ton of pressure on us playing Sept 12 but I think, like most folks, our secondary is our strongest assett-- these guys accounted for 60% of Doughterys INTs last year. We win if we get runnings game killing clock (qb of field) and score tds--couple of ints and they are history-- winning game plan. Even if it turns to shoot out--No one has The Beast-- Dixon and secondary should win this thing....

of interst-- Cato was first team qb last year and offensive MVP

Doughtry was second team qb BUT overall Cusa MVP --go figure how that works he will be in his 6th or 7th yr at WK

they have 4 returning second team Cusa players and based on Bowl game, we played an inspired bowl game and they looked like a flag football team-- FUN game, I watched it all but that defense was a joke .. just as it was against us...

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

WKU will be hard to beat at their place. I'm not counting on a repeat of last year's game against ULL either.

Not discounting the op because we may indeed have a great year. There are too many question marks to expect it though...

Driskel/Higgins??
    Baker??
    Depth at DL??
    Punting??
    LB??
    Depth at cb??

I feel confident in Baker. I also think Driskel will take the reigns from game 1. Can't explain why, but I think our linebackers will answer the bell. I'm nervous about our depth at every position except RB and WR.
    Last edited by boxerdog; 07-24-2015 at 01:53 PM.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

If we play for the conference championship and go to a bowl game, we'll have played 14 games. 12 and 2 would be pretty good. 14 and 0. Pass the kool-aid.

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver-Dog View Post
    If we play for the conference championship and go to a bowl game, we'll have played 14 games. 12 and 2 would be pretty good. 14 and 0. Pass the kool-aid.
    After a big shot of that Kool-Aid, just where is the Access Bowl going to be this year, should I make my reservations now?
    Dristol is here to make a statement!
    Hopefully his enthusiasm and determination will rub off on the entire team!
    14-0

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    After a big shot of that Kool-Aid, just where is the Access Bowl going to be this year, should I make my reservations now?
    Dristol is here to make a statement!
    Hopefully his enthusiasm and determination will rub off on the entire team!
    14-0
    Maybe it will be at the Orange Bowl. Or was that last year?

+ Reply to Thread