+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015-16 Basketball Schedule & TV Channel Finder

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: 2015-16 Basketball Scheduling Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Scheduling news...

It appears Tech is the only C-USA school that hasn't signed a recent H&H with Georgia State. GSU announces games next season with USM, ODU, UAB, and MTSU. Even UTSA has been able to do that in the last couple years.

Mike White never got SFA on the schedule because...??

Jon Rothstein@JonRothstein 19h19 hours ago
    SFA's Brad Underwood told @CBSSports he still needs seven non-conference games for next season. Only two set. The cost of being successful!
    Risk of losing? He allowed worse teams to beat him...LaLaff two times.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Risk of losing? He allowed worse teams to beat him...LaLaff two times.
    It probably goes both ways. I'm not sure either team really wanted to schedule the other.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Puppy UABlazin is a jewel in the roughUABlazin is a jewel in the roughUABlazin is a jewel in the roughUABlazin is a jewel in the roughUABlazin is a jewel in the roughUABlazin is a jewel in the roughUABlazin is a jewel in the roughUABlazin is a jewel in the roughUABlazin is a jewel in the roughUABlazin is a jewel in the roughUABlazin is a jewel in the rough UABlazin's Avatar

Scheduling news...

It appears Tech is the only C-USA school that hasn't signed a recent H&H with Georgia State. GSU announces games next season with USM, ODU, UAB, and MTSU. Even UTSA has been able to do that in the last couple years.
    I wish it was H&H. It's actually a BUY game. UAB is giving Georgia State $75,000 to play in Birmingham.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    It probably goes both ways. I'm not sure either team really wanted to schedule the other.
    So they were both chicken $hit?

Varsity Bulldog CajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time CajunDave1's Avatar

The Cajuns also struggle to get OOC home games against quality opponents. Is there any reason why the Dawgs and Cajuns shouldn't continue the Home & Home series of the past couple of years and many years in the past. I personally don't see the down side for either team. IMO, it would be better than playing a SWAC or bottom level RPI team. I guess it just makes too much sense.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDave1 View Post
    The Cajuns also struggle to get OOC home games against quality opponents. Is there any reason why the Dawgs and Cajuns shouldn't continue the Home & Home series of the past couple of years and many years in the past. I personally don't see the down side for either team. IMO, it would be better than playing a SWAC or bottom level RPI team. I guess it just makes too much sense.
    I agree with this ULL fan.

I think we should see H&H basketball games with Tulane, ULL, UT Arlington, and UALR every year. We better be able to get Tulane on our schedules now with Conroy and Fox on staff.

We should NEVER play in a SWAC gym. It's embarrassing that we put ourselves on the same level as SWAC schools by playing in their gyms. SWAC games are only OK if they are home guarantee games.

We should put the Southland/ULM in the same category as the SWAC with a couple exceptions. We should be scheduling SFA now while they're good. I'd also add an exception for UNO in years we can't get Tulane on the schedule. We should never play on the road at ULM, NWST, or Grambling. We should only offer those local schools guarantee games in Ruston.

I'd honestly like to see increase to 3-4 road guarantee games on our schedule depending on our MTE. It would benefit us four-fold:
    - Gives Tech opportunity for at-large if we win a couple
    - Brings in money to use to buy home games, recruiting, or other MBB needs
    - Guaranteed to be produced for TV
    - Fans actually care about playing those teams
    The only downside I see is a greater probability for a loss, but those are games we aren't supposed to win anyway. Playing SWAC/Southland teams isn't doing anything for us.

Also, I hope we try to get H&H every year with Houston, SMU, and Tulsa in addition to Tulane.
    Last edited by Dawg06; 06-15-2015 at 11:59 PM.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with this ULL fan.

I think we should see H&H basketball games with Tulane, ULL, UT Arlington, and UALR every year. We better be able to get Tulane on our schedules now with Conroy and Fox on staff.

We should NEVER play in a SWAC gym. It's embarrassing that we put ourselves on the same level as SWAC schools by playing in their gyms. SWAC games are only OK if they are home guarantee games.

We should put the Southland/ULM in the same category as the SWAC with a couple exceptions. We should be scheduling SFA now while they're good. I'd also add an exception for UNO in years we can't get Tulane on the schedule. We should never play on the road at ULM, NWST, or Grambling. We should only offer those local schools guarantee games in Ruston.

I'd honestly like to see increase to 3 road guarantee games on our schedule. It would benefit us four-fold:
    - Gives Tech opportunity for at-large if we win a couple
    - Brings in money to use to buy home games, recruiting, or other MBB needs
    - Guaranteed to be produced for TV
    - Fans actually care about playing those teams
    The only downside I see is a greater probability for a loss, but those are games we aren't supposed to win anyway. Playing SWAC/Southland teams isn't doing anything for us.

Also, I hope we try to get H&H every year with Houston, SMU, and Tulsa in addition to Tulane.
    I'll believe it when I see it. Hopefully Konkol knows his way around scheduling.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UABlazin View Post
    I wish it was H&H. It's actually a BUY game. UAB is giving Georgia State $75,000 to play in Birmingham.
    Just another example of UAB wasting money at the expense of their football program. I think UAB would benefit more from a H&H with Georgia State than a couple buy games in B'ham. With all the basketball talent and UAB alumni in Atlanta, why wouldn't UAB want to play there every other year? Take into account Georgia State is an RPI booster and being financially better, you'd think it'd be a no brainer for a H&H.

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    So they were both chicken $hit?
    Sad if true, but I'd think SFA would love to get Tech on their home court. SFA didn't have any trouble scheduling a H&H with Northern Iowa.

Champ rebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond repute rebelboi's Avatar

Dec 22 @ Florida Gulf Coast

FGCU makes a trip to Ruston in 2016-2017

http://www.naplesnews.com/sports/col...-tech_77500611

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by rebelboi View Post
    Dec 22 @ Florida Gulf Coast

FGCU makes a trip to Ruston in 2016-2017

http://www.naplesnews.com/sports/col...-tech_77500611
    Good get...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Big Dog ACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to all

Latechreport.com reports additional games:
    12/12: ULL
    12/15: at Ole Miss
    12/28: PRAIRIE VIEW A&M

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Ole Miss is another good get...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Looks like we are going to keep feeding the trolls. No reason we shouldn't play the Juco also.

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ACSlatech1994 View Post
    Latechreport.com reports additional games:
    12/12: ULL
    12/15: at Ole Miss
    12/28: PRAIRIE VIEW A&M
    I don't like that we have two SWAC teams on the schedule already. We don't have a strong enough conference or non-conference slate to offset the SWAC's effect on our RPI numbers.

+ Reply to Thread