+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 125

Thread: Realistic Expectations for 2015-2016

  1. #1
    Big Dog TrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant future
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    888

    Realistic Expectations for 2015-2016

    With Coach Konkol's first year in Ruston, replacing 3 of the all-time greats in Tech history what are some realistic expectations for the upcoming season? 23-25 wins? I am very interested to see what y'all think.

  2. #2
    Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ruston, LA
    Posts
    6,114

    Re: Realistic Expectations for 2015-2016

    I'm expecting 23 or more wins, more than one win in the tournament, and an NIT birth.
    PSA: Please realise the impotence of proof reading before you post.

  3. #3
    Administrator & 2006 Men's Progressive Bracket Champion Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    Posts
    35,766

    Re: Realistic Expectations for 2015-2016

    Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    I'm expecting 23 or more wins, more than one win in the tournament, and an NIT birth.
    Basically same thing -

    I was going to add a top 5 seed in the tourney

    Pieces are there, if he get them to buy into his vision
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

  4. #4
    Champ tigtoo30 is a splendid one to beholdtigtoo30 is a splendid one to beholdtigtoo30 is a splendid one to beholdtigtoo30 is a splendid one to beholdtigtoo30 is a splendid one to beholdtigtoo30 is a splendid one to beholdtigtoo30 is a splendid one to beholdtigtoo30 is a splendid one to beholdtigtoo30 is a splendid one to beholdtigtoo30 is a splendid one to beholdtigtoo30 is a splendid one to behold tigtoo30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Dalton, GA
    Posts
    5,601

    Re: Realistic Expectations for 2015-2016

    I would say at least 3rd in CUSA, and 20+ wins. UAB and UTEP are going to be quite strong next year.

    If they can play fast, but with a different press, anything is possible. We have speed, size and the ability. If the pieces fall together, we shouldn't see too much of a drop off, IMO.

  5. #5
    2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    14,389

    Re: Realistic Expectations for 2015-2016

    I thought McCree was our most reliable scoring option last season. I can think of a few games when too much license might have been given to a certain one of the "3 seniors" and it hindered McCree and, to a less extent, Alex in terms of being a focal point of our offensive strategy. White placed alot of emphasis of playing for the seniors, and I understand that sentiment because they put in the work. However, a dichotomy in the team might have been inadvertently fostered. I am excited to see what happens when our strategy is appropriately distributed across the roster.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

  6. #6
    Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    McKinney, TX & Franklin, TN
    Posts
    28,048

    Re: Realistic Expectations for 2015-2016

    Quote Originally Posted by TrueBulldog1962 View Post
    With Coach Konkol's first year in Ruston, replacing 3 of the all-time greats in Tech history what are some realistic expectations for the upcoming season? 23-25 wins? I am very interested to see what y'all think.
    How about a team that can play and win 3 conference tournament games back-to back-to back? Is that too much to ask?

    Mike White could never do it. White's "game style" seemed to wear the players down when they were required to play games on consecutive nights. I'm hoping Konk plays a style more conducive to tournament wins.

  7. #7
    Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    44,834

    Re: Realistic Expectations for 2015-2016

    Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    How about a team that can play and win 3 conference tournament games back-to back-to back? Is that too much to ask?

    Mike White could never do it. White's "game style" seemed to wear the players down when they were required to play games on consecutive nights. I'm hoping Konk plays a style more conducive to tournament wins.
    Yeah, I think we got a better coach. A coach who is looking to play some decent competition. A coach who is not looking to move on to the next job by padding his sked...

    Although, I wish FHCMW all the best.
    "eye fo an eye and toof fo a toof" - Idiot in Missouri

  8. #8
    Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    4,421

    Re: Realistic Expectations for 2015-2016

    Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Yeah, I think we got a better coach. A coach who is looking to play some decent competition. A coach who is not looking to move on to the next job by padding his sked...

    Although, I wish FHCMW all the best.
    You literally say the same thing about every coach. I mean, the SAME thing. Comment about how new coach is better + comment about how old coach was only in it for himself + comment about old coach being over rated + dig at anybody wishing old coach the best. Mix it up!

  9. #9
    Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    4,421

    Re: Realistic Expectations for 2015-2016

    Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I thought McCree was our most reliable scoring option last season. I can think of a few games when too much license might have been given to a certain one of the "3 seniors" and it hindered McCree and, to a less extent, Alex in terms of being a focal point of our offensive strategy. White placed alot of emphasis of playing for the seniors, and I understand that sentiment because they put in the work. However, a dichotomy in the team might have been inadvertently fostered. I am excited to see what happens when our strategy is appropriately distributed across the roster.

    Agree 100%. I actually think that, individually, we will have better offensive players this year. Only problem is we lost speedy which may cause a net decrease in our offense. Other than that, I think we will be more talented on offense.

  10. #10
    2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    14,389

    Re: Realistic Expectations for 2015-2016

    Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post
    Agree 100%. I actually think that, individually, we will have better offensive players this year. Only problem is we lost speedy which may cause a net decrease in our offense. Other than that, I think we will be more talented on offense.
    Man, Speedy was special wasn't he? Such a great guy! Losing him hurts us across the board but I think it's more on defense than offense. I say that because he plays so dang hard! On offense, I think Speedy was more valuable in the open court than in halfcourt sets.

    In my opinion, Alex has the skillset to be a first round NBA draftpick at the point guard position. He's that talented. If we keep all the returners, I think we'll be a better offensive team than last season. I like this starting line-up.

    1--Alex (6'4)
    2--Cobi (6'6)
    3--Xavian (6'6)
    4--Erik (6'8)
    5--Merrill (6'8)
    Have you considered those Dogs?

  11. #11
    Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    5,883

    Re: Realistic Expectations for 2015-2016

    Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post
    You literally say the same thing about every coach. I mean, the SAME thing. Comment about how new coach is better + comment about how old coach was only in it for himself + comment about old coach being over rated + dig at anybody wishing old coach the best. Mix it up!
    Well, I also hope, and think, we may have a better coach and it has nothing to do with the fact that White left us.

    I think the failure to advance to the tournament was on White. Not on his style. Not on his marquee players.

    His rotation was flat out idiotic at times last year and I strongly believe that he cost us both an at large bid AND a conference tournament championship. Quite a feat.

    I certainly think he will probably be successful at Florida, perhaps very successful. But Florida bought in before he actually proved his coaching ability. If he has more brain farts like we witnessed in several games last year, he will be on the hot seat rather quickly.

  12. #12
    Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    4,421

    Re: Realistic Expectations for 2015-2016

    Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    Man, Speedy was special wasn't he? Such a great guy! Losing him hurts us across the board but I think it's more on defense than offense. I say that because he plays so dang hard! On offense, I think Speedy was more valuable in the open court than in halfcourt sets.

    In my opinion, Alex has the skillset to be a first round NBA draftpick at the point guard position. He's that talented. If we keep all the returners, I think we'll be a better offensive team than last season. I like this starting line-up.

    1--Alex (6'4)
    2--Cobi (6'6)
    3--Xavian (6'6)
    4--Erik (6'8)

    5--Merrill (6'8)
    Those 4 will be dangerous. Hoping Xavian really develops his game in the half court. When he put the ball on the floor last year, good things happened. There just weren't that many shots to go around after Raheem and Hamilton last year.

  13. #13
    Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    3,406

    Re: Realistic Expectations for 2015-2016

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Basically same thing -

    I was going to add a top 5 seed in the tourney

    Pieces are there, if he get them to buy into his vision
    Which tourney?

  14. #14
    Champ Dubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    2,544

    Re: Realistic Expectations for 2015-2016

    If we lose a game the whole season will be a let down. Konk will need to be replaced.

  15. #15
    Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    Posts
    17,953

    Re: Realistic Expectations for 2015-2016

    Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    Which tourney?
    Seriously?
    Good old Memorial Gym

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts