+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Realistic Expectations for 2015-2016

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Realistic Expectations for 2015-2016

I wonder what D06 is going to say if TMAC gave X his release with no restriction and X transfers to LSU

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by latech View Post
    I wonder what D06 is going to say if TMAC gave X his release with no restriction and X transfers to LSU
    I don't know what he'd say, but I'd say good luck and good riddance just as quickly as I'll open my arms the next time an athlete wants to transfer from LSU to Tech (which I hope will be as soon as next offseason).
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

With the way the roster is shaping up and the overall lack of experience I think this team will win 16-18 regular season games.
    We have two scorers and several question marks. Just gonna take time. Hopefully they peak at end of season and finish strong

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    I don't know what he'd say, but I'd say good luck and good riddance just as quickly as I'll open my arms the next time an athlete wants to transfer from LSU to Tech (which I hope will be as soon as next offseason).
    Surely you see the difference in transferring from Tech to LSU and LSU to Tech. Neither is a lateral transfer. Only one is capable of poaching from the other.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hambone29 View Post
    Surely you see the difference in transferring from Tech to LSU and LSU to Tech. Neither is a lateral transfer. Only one is capable of poaching from the other.
    Early on in his failing arguments he used Paul Turner as an example. He did not reply when the differences between PT and X were pointed out.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Driskol from Florida to Tech and X from Tech to what will be Florida probably in 12 months........

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Early on in his failing arguments he used Paul Turner as an example. He did not reply when the differences between PT and X were pointed out.
    I'd rather not see a single transfer, to be honest with you. But I'm not naive. In today's environment, they happen all too often. We're at probably 500 or more Division I basketball transfers alone this year. To me, a transfer is a transfer. Every athlete is different and has his own motives for wanting to leave his situation. Some of those motives are pure and genuine. Others aren't. But these guys aren't slaves. If they want to move to a bigger school, to play against better competition and get more exposure, they should be able to do that. If they want to move to a smaller school, seeking a better fit or more playing opportunities, again they should be allowed to do so. I don't think it's right -- and I'll never think it's right -- that a school is allowed to determine where that student-athlete can and cannot transfer. I would be extremely displeased if an athlete, for whatever reason, wants to come to Ruston and is blocked from doing so. So, in good conscience, I can't say it's right that we block someone who wants to go somewhere else.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I'd rather not see a single transfer, to be honest with you. But I'm not naive. In today's environment, they happen all too often. We're at probably 500 or more Division I basketball transfers alone this year. To me, a transfer is a transfer. Every athlete is different and has his own motives for wanting to leave his situation. Some of those motives are pure and genuine. Others aren't. But these guys aren't slaves. If they want to move to a bigger school, to play against better competition and get more exposure, they should be able to do that. If they want to move to a smaller school, seeking a better fit or more playing opportunities, again they should be allowed to do so. I don't think it's right -- and I'll never think it's right -- that a school is allowed to determine where that student-athlete can and cannot transfer. I would be extremely displeased if an athlete, for whatever reason, wants to come to Ruston and is blocked from doing so. So, in good conscience, I can't say it's right that we block someone who wants to go somewhere else. Hillary for president!
    Political correctness is important.

Political correctness is important.
    Man, take that mess to the political board. I don't want any part of it.

Man, take that mess to the political board. I don't want any part of it.
    You brought it over here.

You brought it over here.
    Bullcrap. You're the one who quoted my post and added in bold "Hillary for president!" Nobody was even talking about that.

Bullcrap. You're the one who quoted my post and added in bold "Hillary for president!" Nobody was even talking about that.
    Nope, you injected racism. Now you are using the "culture" code word as an excuse for basketball players and you seem to be working your silly argument towards setting up different transfer rules for basketball players.

Nope, you injected racism. Now you are using the "culture" code word as an excuse for basketball players and you seem to be working your silly argument towards setting up different transfer rules for basketball players.
    Let me clear, since you think I want to set up "different transfer rules": I believe players should be able to transfer wherever they want to transfer, without restrictions, and they should have to sit out one season as penalty. That's been my stance this entire time.

Big Dog TrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant future

Let me clear, since you think I want to set up "different transfer rules": I believe players should be able to transfer wherever they want to transfer, without restrictions, and they should have to sit out one season as penalty. That's been my stance this entire time.
    That will never happen, nor should it. Players will go play at places as an audition then head to the P5 once they call. Sitting a year is not a big deal. You lose no eligibility. Yes one year scholarships are an issue and are not right, but a player should also not be able to leave just because he has a good year and a P5 wants him. That rule would ruin college basketbal, and it is exactly what Stapleton is trying to do.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBulldog1962 View Post
    That will never happen, nor should it. Players will go play at places as an audition then head to the P5 once they call. Sitting a year is not a big deal. You lose no eligibility. Yes one year scholarships are an issue and are not right, but a player should also not be able to leave just because he has a good year and a P5 wants him. That rule would ruin college basketbal, and it is exactly what Stapleton is trying to do.
    A) Many of these universities are getting players who stick around for a year or two. They're really not mining other colleges' freshmen to get them to transfer up. It's a very rare occurrence, though it's certainly happened before. B) How many really good players fall through the cracks of the big boys and put up enough numbers as a freshman to generate interest from a major program? It doesn't happen often. Paul Millsap certainly would have been one, but he's probably the only one (and he didn't fall through the cracks; he had major offers but chose to stay home at Tech) that I can recall off the top of my head at Tech.

This situation really needs to happen to a freshman and a freshman only. As a sophomore, who wants to go sit somewhere for a year to play two more years? And what major program wants to waste a scholarship for a year to only get two years from a player, especially when they could probably find someone just as good during the recruiting procress? That's not even mentioning today's environment with the free graduate transfer. You might as well just load up and graduate in three years and go somewhere for your senior year if that's what you're really after.

+ Reply to Thread