+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Bye Bye Stapleton

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Re: Bye Bye Stapleton

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBulldog1962 View Post
    The dude is good, but lets be real, he averaged 7 a game as a freshmen. He had highlight real dunks, and played some decent defense. He is no lock for professional basketball. I loved X when he was here and thought he would be a great player but I would take Speedy, Raheem, and Mike over him any day and they are having a hard time getting a look in the pros.
    I'm not talking about the NBA. I'm talking about professional basketball overseas. There are plenty of professional leagues out there, and judging by his double negative quote in the newspaper, I'd presume that professional basketball is his best career option. If Stojan can make it, so can Xavian.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    I don't think Wade was talking specifically about college basketball. Stapleton is more than likely forfeiting one year of his profe$$ional ba$ketball career, which suggests to me he is getting poor advice. If he really wants to transfer from Tech, his best option is JUCO. He would be able to get fully recruited by everyone interested, which means he would have many more options and more information to make a more informed decision, and he wouldn't lose a year of earning potential as a profe$$ional ba$ketball player.
    ...but his handler dont' get paid for him to go juco.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I think he has a chance of playing in the NBA. But I don't know how removing himself from a certain starting job, going to a less successful program, sitting out a year, and trying to earn a spot in the rotation helps him get there more efficiently.

The only thing I can figure is that he felt under-valued coming out of high school and is wanting to prove a point to the hundreds of people in his hometown that care?
    Either way it's immature and unwise on his part and absolutely terrible on his "agent" and parents.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Isabella has done a horrible job of covering this story. It's obvious the local and state media were in Stapleton's corner from day one. I'm guessing (since he won't the quote sources) he is using "the handler" as a source. LaTech and McClelland are the only ones who have been quoted (other than CBS sports who reported old news). He has editorialized on everything said by Stapleton's camp. No sources, so as I predicted earlier he is still misreporting how the latest decision was made to allow for a list of schools which should have been given on day one. Piss poor coverage by Isabella on this deal!

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Isabella has done a good job covering our MBB program prior to this, but I've suspected for some time he was more of a MW fan than a LA Tech MBB fan.

Champ bulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

it worked fair for all parties that is main thinh

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    Isabella has done a good job covering our MBB program prior to this, but I've suspected for some time he was more of a MW fan than a LA Tech MBB fan.
    Yes, he as done a great job overall, but as with our former coaches, fans have to remember that he is not part of the LaTech family and this story is evidence that he can be pulled left of center by emotion.

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Where does this stupid kid want to go to school anyway?
    Exactly, pick a school so you (and we) can move on.

Varsity Bulldog DoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the rough DoubleDDawg's Avatar

Stapleton to Mooo U. I wonder what being a "handler" pays?

Champ bulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

New story: Former Louisiana Tech forward Xavian Stapleton is transferring to Mississippi Statehttp://www.thenewsstar.com/story/sports/college/louisiana-tech/2015/07/05/xavian-stapleton-transferring-mississippi-state/29738197/not surprising predicted it Howland will do whatever it takes

More non reporting by Isabella

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Isabella has done a horrible job of covering this story. It's obvious the local and state media were in Stapleton's corner from day one. I'm guessing (since he won't the quote sources) he is using "the handler" as a source. LaTech and McClelland are the only ones who have been quoted (other than CBS sports who reported old news). He has editorialized on everything said by Stapleton's camp. No sources, so as I predicted earlier he is still misreporting how the latest decision was made to allow for a list of schools which should have been given on day one. Piss poor coverage by Isabella on this deal!
    It's been apparent Isabella is a big Mike White fan probably because of the access that our former coach gave him. The worst part of his coverage was that he completely ignored White's ethical violations of recruiting two and signing one of our former signees. That was a big "no-no" that should've made big news instead of being ignored.

he done great job it continues with current coach White should not recuit multiplies?

least he covers bb

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    It's been apparent Isabella is a big Mike White fan probably because of the access that our former coach gave him. The worst part of his coverage was that he completely ignored White's ethical violations of recruiting two and signing one of our former signees. That was a big "no-no" that should've made big news instead of being ignored.
    Sean is a believer that student-athletes choose a school based on the head coach and apparently he sees no problem with those athletes wanted to switch to the coach's new school. He and I don't see eye to eye on this issue.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

+ Reply to Thread