+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Bye Bye Stapleton

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Bye Bye Stapleton

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    After reading the double negative in his quote I couldn't read the rest...

Hope he gets where he is going.
    But what happens if he don't not get there?

Varsity Bulldog bulldog555 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldog555 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldog555 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldog555 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldog555 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldog555 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldog555 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldog555 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldog555 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldog555 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldog555 is a glorious beacon of light

lol, the kid thinks coaches leaving for dream jobs is program instability? Well, enjoy the stability of the JUCO world, X.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dubya261 View Post
    http://www.clarionledger.com/story/s...5/?utm_medium=['twitter']&utm_source=['twitterfeed']
    Hmm. I got NO PROBLEM with T-Mac's position on this. In fact, it's the first thing he's done that I've been truly impressed with.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    I'd let him go with none of the restrictions. A player shouldn't be forced to hold up his end of a deal when no coach can be forced to.
    There's so many things wrong with that statement that it's just laughable.

Big Dog SIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of light

I enjoyed watching X play, great shooter and athlete. The restrictions go along with heresay that I've heard for the last few weeks. Mike White wasn't the only one playing dirty per the rumor wheel.

A school gives a 4 to 5 year commitment to a player, he agrees then decides to quit on his teammates?! Once on campus and a part of the program coaches change, bonds with teammates last a lifetime. I think Tech is more talented with X on the floor, but the team looks to be better off without him if he is going to quit on his teammates.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woof! View Post
    Not even a close comparison.
    I don't care if coaches leave or not. We're giving out year by year scholarships, the players should be held to year by year restrictions. The NCAA has a rule about transfers, past that let them go wherever they want.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SIC_EM_DAWGS! View Post

A school gives a 4 to 5 year commitment to a player, he agrees then decides to quit on his teammates?!
    It is my understanding that scholarships are for one year at a time.

Kerry Rupp's recruits may have some thoughts about that "4" year commitment.

Big Dog SIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    It is my understanding that scholarships are for one year at a time.

Kerry Rupp's recruits may have some thoughts about that "4" year commitment.
    Enlighten me here. I remember players kept that had no business in the system. If rumors are true, and restrictions say most likely they are, X was being recruited by a few schools while still a member of the team. By your logic have a good year and transfer to the SEC?

Quote Originally Posted by SIC_EM_DAWGS! View Post
    Enlighten me here. I remember players kept that had no business in the system. If rumors are true, and restrictions say most likely they are, X was being recruited by a few schools while still a member of the team. By your logic have a good year and transfer to the SEC?
    If we never cut guys (or run them off) and give 4 year scholarships, then fine. Restrict away. That's only fair.

But if we do, it's unfair to expect students to stick by us when we don't stick by them.

The one year rule still applies. If you transfer, you lose a year. That ought to be the end of it.

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    If we never cut guys (or run them off) and give 4 year scholarships, then fine. Restrict away. That's only fair.

But if we do, it's unfair to expect students to stick by us when we don't stick by them.

The one year rule still applies. If you transfer, you lose a year. That ought to be the end of it.
    In this instance and with this regime AD/Pres we have been committed. The player committed then recommitted then wanted to go somewhere else. The restrictions were put in place for a reason in this instance. Case by case, just as in the past Tech has given unrestricted releases.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

This is absurd of Tommy McClelland. I made my position clear in another thread before this happened. McClelland made the right call not putting restrictions on Leon and Jean, but McClelland made a poor decision in Stapleton's case.

What the heck? No restrictions for 2 guys but then restrict 55 schools for someone else? What on earth does our AD think he's doing? At least be consistent. He couldn't be more bipolar. All I can figure is it's a response to some of our fans being unhappy that he didn't restrict Leon's transfer to UF. This makes no sense whatsoever.

If McClelland has evidence coaches were tampering with Stapleton, then report the violations to the NCAA, and restrict those individual schools.

Why the heck is McClelland restricting his transfer to 4 entire states and an OOC schedule that isn't even halfway complete (one that Stapleton wouldn't even play against because he has to sit out 1 year regardless)? It's not like Stapleton was going to transfer to a C-USA school or one of our awful OOC opponents.

Restricting him isn't going to keep him at Tech. All it gives us is bad press and an unhappy kid and his mom. There's absolutely no benefit to Tech for these ridiculous restrictions.

If the NCAA doesn't overturn these crazy restrictions, then McClelland likely forced Stapleton to a juco for 1 season where he can be recruited and sign with any program that offers him. What's the point?

Student-athletes transfer, especially after coaching changes, and they should be allowed to go where they want (except to schools tampering with them). I believe McClelland's ridiculous decision did more harm than good to Tech.
    Last edited by Dawg06; 06-23-2015 at 01:34 AM.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I agree with the restrictions for an established player...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I agree with the restrictions for an established player...
    To 55 schools??

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    To 55 schools??
    Still leaves plenty of places for him to go. It's one thing to lose your recruits; another thing getting your roster raided.

+ Reply to Thread