+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: Bye Bye Stapleton

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Bye Bye Stapleton

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Fan View Post
    This post makes the most sense yet on the subject. A couple of years ago I was able to take the public tour of CNN with my family. CNN goes to extraordinary measures to verify everything that is reported. They have a huge room of people who do research on the various stories. When trying to follow a national news story, it always seems to me that CNN is a little slower on reporting details of developing stories (e.g. an on-going active shooter situation) than the other news organizations. They will sometimes preface things by saying "CNN has received unconfirmed reports...". So, I'll go to Fox, MSNBC, CBS, etc. to get the rumors, and then back to CNN to get what has been confirmed. Many times BBB is the first to report a story, but there have been times when the story doesn't pan out.
    What a load of poop in that paragraph. You must be out of your ever loving mind dude! Oh, and there's a reason CNN is slower a they have to get permission from Obama and his minions or Hillary on if they can report another one of her or her "husband's" scandals. There is a huge reason CNN has been tanking the last decade. Do you work for CNN (Clinton News Network) or what?

http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showt...it-20-Year-Low...

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

I would say you covered it all in that response Tyler!

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

What if Justin Leon reached out to White and white told him he believed he was good enough to play at UF? White recruited Leon for his program, not for Tech's program. Tech can change to a half court offense in one hire.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    The heart of the matter is the claimed interference while he was still a part of the basketball team by members of this board. That is a very serious thing for a reporter to put into print. From an earlier post by someone on this board in exchanges of emails stating that there was inappropriate contact, Isabella's return email basically said, prove it. Not an unfair request given the gravity of the claim and what the consequences would be for those doing the contact and the consequences for the reporter if there was no proof. We may have been asking too much of Isabella in that respect. I think he clarified the process of what went down as deeply as he could given the evidence. Two things need to occur. 1. Isabella can't get flustered over what is written on this board. 2. We need to be cognizant of the fact that everything we think and post on this board can not be acted on or put into print as we would like without confirmation. I love the enthusiasm of the TECH loyal. But looking out for TECH could sometimes mean treading a little lighter when it spills over to the press who we all wish would always put TECH in the best light possible.
    It's the reporters job to prove it. I get that a reporter has to pick and choose what stories they will pursue. Maybe he didn't believe there was enough evidence to pursue the matter further. His job is to make that call. The real problem is he didn't do his research on the stories he did do. He is coming across as either lazy or biased.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Good grief. For the love of all that is good- PLEASE COME ON FOOTBALL SEASON ALREADY!!!!!!

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

For the love of Pete, didn't the Jackson Clarion-Ledger break the transfer limitations story? ...and all othe media had to play catch up?

Please correct me if not.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    For the love of Pete, didn't the Jackson Clarion-Ledger break the transfer limitations story? ...and all othe media had to play catch up?

Please correct me if not.

No need to verify. Assuming is much more fun.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    It's the reporters job to prove it. I get that a reporter has to pick and choose what stories they will pursue. Maybe he didn't believe there was enough evidence to pursue the matter further. His job is to make that call. The real problem is he didn't do his research on the stories he did do. He is coming across as either lazy or biased.
    A reporter isn't going to waste his/her time pursuing something they don't think they can prove unless they have a tangible reason to do so. If someone had provided Sean with legitimate proof of tampering, I'm pretty sure he wasn't just going to sweep it under the rug. However, I also don't think he was going to chase rabbits if he didn't think something good would come of it.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    A reporter isn't going to waste his/her time pursuing something they don't think they can prove unless they have a tangible reason to do so. If someone had provided Sean with legitimate proof of tampering, I'm pretty sure he wasn't just going to sweep it under the rug. However, I also don't think he was going to chase rabbits if he didn't think something good would come of it.
    Please don't take up for him when you know his source was the bad guy. He ignored the rules that he read here many times. THE BBB gave him a reasonable path to follow, but he chose to err with the student athlete, his momma, and his source.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    Which is pretty much exactly what I was saying.

+ Reply to Thread