+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: USM grad writes "woe is me" piece for Grantland

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

USM grad writes "woe is me" piece for Grantland

Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

Re: USM grad writes "woe is me" piece for Grantland

It is in C-USA and Tech's best interest for USM to get back to its former self. I feel so much better beating a good team.

Big Dog Hermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the rough Hermandawg's Avatar

That guy has ZERO respect for Tech history and tradition

Varsity Bulldog Brad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud of

I personally enjoy seeing the Mustard Buzzards struggle. I grew up around them. In the pre-Bower days, they fielded dirty teams and have a history or cheating. Of the current Conference USA members, I enjoy beating Hardy Street High the most, followed closely by WKU.

Big Dog dawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud of dawg1984's Avatar

It was hard to follow the point of the article other than he misses the good old days. He also had no respect for the WAC. His article made it sound like C-USA was a veritable national powerhouse during those years. But what about the run Boise State, Fresno State, and Hawaii Head during that same period?

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

WAC football was much better than CUSA football.

Nevada
    LATech
    Fresno
    Boise
    Hawaii

Good times...

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I am glad some others had the same reaction that I did. While this guy misses the "old CUSA", he could have written the article about USM falling, instead of inserting cuts to the current CUSA and other G5 conferences. I came away feeling like Louisiana Tech (arguably the strongest program in CUSA) was dissed.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg1984 View Post
    It was hard to follow the point of the article other than he misses the good old days. He also had no respect for the WAC. His article made it sound like C-USA was a veritable national powerhouse during those years. But what about the run Boise State, Fresno State, and Hawaii Head during that same period?
    Yes, but what does it say about his team now? Granted, they may have been at the top when, in his perception, the conference was at the top; however, they are at the bottom when, in his perception, the conference is near the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I am glad some others had the same reaction that I did. While this guy misses the "old CUSA", he could have written the article about USM falling, instead of inserting cuts to the current CUSA and other G5 conferences. I came away feeling like Louisiana Tech (arguably the strongest program in CUSA) was dissed.
    I think he clearly showed disrespect for us and others, but by slamming us, he reallyslams his own program.

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

TL;DR version: "Louisville/Cincy/TCU/Houston went to play with the big boys but didn't invite me. Boo hoo. Feel sorry for USM because we used to win games sometimes."

I want the 5 minutes I spent reading that back. Complete homer garbage.

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

I read the first few paragraphs, realized it was complete garbage, skimmed through to where he said anything about Tech, and closed the link.

Big Dog dawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud of dawg1984's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    Yes, but what does it say about his team now? Granted, they may have been at the top when, in his perception, the conference was at the top; however, they are at the bottom when, in his perception, the conference is near the bottom.

I think he clearly showed disrespect for us and others, but by slamming us, he reallyslams his own program.
    Amen! The author doesn't seem to understand all these - in his mind - inferior teams are saving his - again in his mind - glorious program from being an Independent or the Sun Belch.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    I personally enjoy seeing the Mustard Buzzards struggle. I grew up around them. In the pre-Bower days, they fielded dirty teams and have a history or cheating. Of the current Conference USA members, I enjoy beating Hardy Street High the most, followed closely by WKU.
    Same here. USM can stay down another decade as far as I'm concerned. We need a strong LA Tech, not a strong USM.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post
    WAC football was much better than CUSA football.

Nevada
    LATech
    Fresno
    Boise
    Hawaii

Good times...
    Agree. I particularly miss the games against Fresno St & Hawaii. Those were really good WAC matchups.

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Same here. USM can stay down another decade as far as I'm concerned. We need a strong LA Tech, not a strong USM.
    Then we might as well be in the Belch where we could really dominate. You guys are always talking about C-USA'superiority. Why do you want any other team in our conference to be a weak sister. Doesn't make sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver-Dog View Post
    Then we might as well be in the Belch where we could really dominate. You guys are always talking about C-USA'superiority. Why do you want any other team in our conference to be a weak sister. Doesn't make sense to me.
    Because I hate USM. You gotta problem with that?

Make no mistake, once USM gets up on you, they will put their foot on your throat and smash hard. When people think of a hugely successful CUSA, I want them to think of LA Tech in the west and Marshall in the east. IMO, those are the top quality brands in CUSA.

+ Reply to Thread