+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Marriage

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Re: Marriage

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Some will just keep repeating the same mistakes over and over again. Using religion as a basis for discrimination is NOT Christian. Some Churches get it and you cannot co-opt religious freedom for all citizens.
    The "churches" should be doing nothing other than following the Bible if they want to be Christian churches. I am sure there are some very nice people that are going to be so disappointed in the deception presented to them- and the lies they accepted as truths.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Some will just keep repeating the same mistakes over and over again. Using religion as a basis for discrimination is NOT Christian. Some Churches get it and you cannot co-opt religious freedom for all citizens.
    I'm not discriminating against anyone. This is what I believe and I choose to prayerfully love all. But I can't help but pray that they make the right choices now that could effect their eternity. If it is a sin, which I believe it is, and they don't ask forgiveness and turn from that sin then they have made a grave and everlasting error in judgement. Is that "lifestyle" worth the risk? If it is not a sin, then fine, I still choose to love all and want the best for them even as a "social norm".

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    The "churches" should be doing nothing other than following the Bible if they want to be Christian churches. I am sure there are some very nice people that are going to be so disappointed in the deception presented to them- and the lies they accepted as truths.
    We all know there are different interpretations of the Bible. That just one of the reasons for the many belief systems (and denominations) of Christians. You believe it says one thing and you might have a whole group of people that agree with you, but I guarantee you that someone else can interpret it differently and does.

My point is that YOUR religion does not trump other's religion. You would be saying the same thing, if the shoe were on the other foot. This law does not affect you, unless you plan on marrying someone of the same sex, so why don't we let God be the judge and stop trying to say our way is the only way?

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    I'm not discriminating against anyone. This is what I believe and I choose to prayerfully love all. But I can't help but pray that they make the right choices now that could effect their eternity. If it is a sin, which I believe it is, and they don't ask forgiveness and turn from that sin then they have made a grave and everlasting error in judgement. Is that "lifestyle" worth the risk? If it is not a sin, then fine, I still choose to love all and want the best for them even as a "social norm".
    It won't have anything to do with your eternity, if you believe otherwise. So, no need to worry so much.

There were many many people that stated Interracial marriage was a sin, as well. They came down on the wrong side of history, but only God can judge.

I am not trying to change anyone's mind. The fact is that it is now the law and MY belief is that it is a good thing that two consenting adults that are in love can now get married. No one will ever change your belief. That is very apparent.

Like you stated, we have to agree to disagree. In the meantime, it is now the law.

The long and short of it is that you can't step on someone else's religious freedom, because you don't agree with it. And, there is no denying that other Christian and non-Christian's believe differently. You don't have to agree with it, but you can't deny others the privileges that they have worked for the same as you have. Now, if someone is a current Clerk that does not want to issue a marriage license because it is against their belief, it is time now to find a new job. Sorry..... our founding fathers set up a constitution and SCOTUS is part of that.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

My point is that YOUR religion does not trump other's religion.
    Homosexuality is not a religion and shouldn't be the basis of a religion anymore then killing infants and babies should be. If it is, then IMHO it is a Pagan or apostate religion.

These sad hell bent muslims below believe their practice is a "religion" and right as well. And these muslims hate homosexual behavior to the point of killing them which is insanely satanic. These satanic followers are discriminating 100%. But these evil ones also choose not to love all kinds of people but to hate, no matter. True Christians love all no matter as Christ did. But Christ wanted lives to change, per God's law, and for their future eternity.

SUFFER THE CHILDREN: 74 kids killed by ISIS for Ramadan 'crimes'

ISLAMIC MILITANTS put an estimated 74 kids to death during a bloody upheaval in the Middle East, including two this week who were crucified in Syria for allegedly not properly fasting during Ramadan.

The long and short of it is that you can't step on someone else's religious freedom, because you don't agree with it. And, there is no denying that other Christian and non-Christian's believe differently. You don't have to agree with it, but you can't deny others the privileges that they have worked for the same as you have. Now, if someone is a current Clerk that does not want to issue a marriage license because it is against their belief, it is time now to find a new job. Sorry..... our founding fathers set up a constitution and SCOTUS is part of that.
    Homosexuality is not a religious freedom. But I do love them as we are taught to do as is the church.
    Last edited by TYLERTECHSAS; 07-01-2015 at 03:24 PM.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

We all know there are different interpretations of the Bible. That just one of the reasons for the many belief systems (and denominations) of Christians. You believe it says one thing and you might have a whole group of people that agree with you, but I guarantee you that someone else can interpret it differently and does.

My point is that YOUR religion does not trump other's religion. You would be saying the same thing, if the shoe were on the other foot. This law does not affect you, unless you plan on marrying someone of the same sex, so why don't we let God be the judge and stop trying to say our way is the only way?
    The ruling absolutely impacts me and our country. I will continue to say it is wrong because it is. There is no "interpretation" differently in the Bible. The Bible is never changing because of man's desire to sin. That is simply all this is.

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    The ruling absolutely impacts me and our country. I will continue to say it is wrong because it is. There is no "interpretation" differently in the Bible. The Bible is never changing because of man's desire to sin. That is simply all this is.
    I could put you in a room with other Christians that go to different Churches and each of you would state that certain verses mean different things. Why do you think that there are different denominations? Even Jesus had to correct some Churches.

No need for me to argue this. If you don't agree, you just don't. I have never changed anyone's mind on the politics section of this board. No need for me to try. I am a Christian, though, and I disagree with you about what the Bible states. I will leave it at that for me.

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Homosexuality is not a religious freedom. But I do love them as we are taught to do as is the church.
    I didn't say Homosexuality is a religion. I stated that there are denominations of the Christian Church that have endorsed Gay marriage. You are not a member of one of those denominations. That doesn't mean that you can dictate what they believe. They have freedom just like you.

Okay, I am out. Been down this road too many times. Carry on..........

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Why is it hard for liberals to understand that some Christians can't and won't condone homosexuality? Support gay marriage if you must but don't judge those who don't.

To the Christians who don't support gay marriage, you aren't going to stop it. Move along and be a better Christian.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

I don't condone homosexuality. I also don't judge others who do. I have a problem with others making it a problem. If you want to get married, fine. Everyone has the right to be miserable. Just don't force my church or others like it to perform a marriage that is against our beliefs. That's flat out wrong. I am not a bigot, I am a Christian and am entitled to my beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    I don't condone homosexuality. I also don't judge others who do. I have a problem with others making it a problem. If you want to get married, fine. Everyone has the right to be miserable. Just don't force my church or others like it to perform a marriage that is against our beliefs. That's flat out wrong. I am not a bigot, I am a Christian and am entitled to my beliefs.
    I agree with that. No one should be able to force their beliefs on you or your Church.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    Just don't force my church or others like it to perform a marriage that is against our beliefs. I am a Christian and am entitled to my beliefs.
    Yes and yes

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Yes and yes
    Yes from me, as well. We all agree on something.

+ Reply to Thread