+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: North Louisiana is becoming Bulldawg Country

Champ BRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to behold

North Louisiana is becoming Bulldawg Country

I just got a news letter from my old high school in Shreveport. It is now called Loyola College Prep and had 122 graduates this year. The vast majority will be attending college. The news letter listed where they were to attend. The number one school with 21 was Tech. LSPoo only had 15 and LSPoo-s tied Ole Miss with 5. This is a big percentage difference from when I graduated. (It was called Jesuit back then.) We need to continue the trend. Go Dogs.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: North Louisiana is becoming Bulldawg Country

Quote Originally Posted by BRDawg81 View Post
    I just got a news letter from my old high school in Shreveport. It is now called Loyola College Prep and had 122 graduates this year. The vast majority will be attending college. The news letter listed where they were to attend. The number one school with 21 was Tech. LSPoo only had 15 and LSPoo-s tied Ole Miss with 5. This is a big percentage difference from when I graduated. (It was called Jesuit back then.) We need to continue the trend. Go Dogs.
    I've mentioned before that it is happening over here in NE La too. I've had 4 HS grads over the past 7 years and I've witnessed what you describe above growing. I've also notice more and more Tech merchandise. We need to market even more. IMO, people are getting bored being part of the lsu band wagon.

Jump on the Tech Trolly.

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

Need to make sure there's local radio broadcasts of football/basketball in Vicksburg, El Dorado, Little Rock, Shreveport, and Alexandria.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LT View Post
    Need to make sure there's local radio broadcasts of football/basketball in Vicksburg, El Dorado, Little Rock, Shreveport, and Alexandria.
    I heard we had Alexandria last year. We had S'Port on a very weak station. No chance for the other three with Learfield in charge.

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

They did football midway through the season on 1410 AM in Eleck but no basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by LT View Post
    They did football midway through the season on 1410 AM in Eleck but no basketball.
    Yes, the MBB package is a separate deal. Some stations might pick up football and MBB if Learfield didn't negotiate like we were in the SEC or Big12. They go about it backwards in this state and region. As far as I know, they've never even reached out to South Arkansas or West Mississippi.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

We got the same thing(my daughter starts there in a few weeks) and I sat down and counted. It was extremely encouraging I agree.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I've mentioned before that it is happening over here in NE La too. I've had 4 HS grads over the past 7 years and I've witnessed what you describe above growing. I've also notice more and more Tech merchandise. We need to market even more. IMO, people are getting bored being part of the lsu band wagon.

Jump on the Tech Trolly.
    I see more and more TECH stuff, but there still are not a lot of places that sell it locally, and too few choices. But, people are getting it from somewhere and it is much more attractive to go to TECH from this area than in the past years.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

We need Tech decals sold at every gas station. We made a strong movement with giving out the Tech license plates through LTAC and stickers at Tech and Tails.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

As a bigger person, I would just like a t-shirt that I can wear more than once.

Champ DQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    As a bigger person, I would just like a t-shirt that I can wear more than once.
    Spend some money at the Campus Book Store and get a couple of the "Columbia Fishing Shirts". Love'em. Cut very, very large.

Champ BRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to behold

I requested that the bookstore start stocking 4X shirts last year. Now I am down to 2X. crazy world.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I requested that the bookstore start stocking 4X shirts last year. Now I am down to 2X. crazy world.
    Congrats

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

I firmly believe that the shirt sizes are smaller than they used to be. In particular, the area around the gut has shrunk over the years. It is obvious that the manufactures are using less material to make these shirts and save money.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Puppy DurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the rough

The campus bookstore needs to revamp its hours of operations. Too many times my wife have stopped by only to be turned away by the "closed" sign on the door.

+ Reply to Thread