+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Engineering Graduate Schools

Puppy EE_2005_Bellott has turned a few heads around hereEE_2005_Bellott has turned a few heads around hereEE_2005_Bellott has turned a few heads around here

Engineering Graduate Schools

Hello,

I am a 2005 graduate in Electrical Engineering. I work for Entergy in Pine Bluff, Arkansas. I am debating which graduate school to attend to get a Master's in EE. I have been accepted to Mississippi State and I am pending admission to the University of Arkansas. Both programs are distance learning programs, but Arkansas seems to be more power engineering focused where Mississippi State is not. Also, Arkansas has tuition that is half of Mississippi State's. So my question for the folks here is what have you heard as far as reputations for these two institutions? For my part at Entergy we have a boat load of State graduates, and I think from working with them that it is a really good school overall. But the lack of power offerings for someone who works at a utility is pretty disheartening. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Re: Engineering Graduate Schools

Quote Originally Posted by EE_2005_Bellott View Post
    Hello,

I am a 2005 graduate in Electrical Engineering. I work for Entergy in Pine Bluff, Arkansas. I am debating which graduate school to attend to get a Master's in EE. I have been accepted to Mississippi State and I am pending admission to the University of Arkansas. Both programs are distance learning programs, but Arkansas seems to be more power engineering focused where Mississippi State is not. Also, Arkansas has tuition that is half of Mississippi State's. So my question for the folks here is what have you heard as far as reputations for these two institutions? For my part at Entergy we have a boat load of State graduates, and I think from working with them that it is a really good school overall. But the lack of power offerings for someone who works at a utility is pretty disheartening. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.
    I've got some questions but am on my phone so I'll respond back tomorrow.

+ Reply to Thread