+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remembering The 2008 Mississippi State-Louisiana Tech Game

Varsity Bulldog rmc020 is a glorious beacon of lightrmc020 is a glorious beacon of lightrmc020 is a glorious beacon of lightrmc020 is a glorious beacon of lightrmc020 is a glorious beacon of lightrmc020 is a glorious beacon of lightrmc020 is a glorious beacon of lightrmc020 is a glorious beacon of lightrmc020 is a glorious beacon of lightrmc020 is a glorious beacon of lightrmc020 is a glorious beacon of light

Re: Remembering The 2008 Mississippi State-Louisiana Tech Game

That was my freshman year....after their starting QB Carroll threw his 2nd interception and was benched (right in front of the student section), someone started the chant "WE WANT CARROLL, CLAP, CLAP, CLAP, CLAP, CLAP, WE WANT CARROL....." and then when he returned and threw the third interception and sat down in front of us again he got a warm welcom of "HEY CARROL!!!! YOU LET THE WHOOOOOOOLE TEAM DOWN!" sang over and over to him. The guy who muffed the punt also got the "you let the whooooole team down" chant. I was on the first or second row and it was the first time I had seen a player obviously bothered by heckling. There was absolutely no doubt that the student section was 100% in his head that day.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    For once I'd like to play an SEC team fairly.
    Only way this happens is if the game is held in Kansas and officiated by Big10 refs.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

What i remember most about this game was late in the 4th. We needed couple first downs to grind out the win. We got them because we were better conditioned. Dooley just like saban preached finishing and that night we did just that!

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

This "writer" certainly is a poor loser. I work with a lot of State folks. It would be really nice to defeat them in Starkville this year. I remember when we played them in Starkville when Jackie Sherrill was their head coach. We had a pretty good team that year. These guys were talking trash all week and all I said was "don't be surprised." They were surprised, but never congratulatory after the game. We beat them pretty well that year. It seems like they made the score closer late in the game with a couple late and meaningless TDs. I will take great, and relatively quiet, pleasure if we beat them this year. I think the game is in October, so barring injuries both teams should be well seasoned. State is a good team the last couple years.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    This "writer" certainly is a poor loser. I work with a lot of State folks. It would be really nice to defeat them in Starkville this year. I remember when we played them in Starkville when Jackie Sherrill was their head coach. We had a pretty good team that year. These guys were talking trash all week and all I said was "don't be surprised." They were surprised, but never congratulatory after the game. We beat them pretty well that year. It seems like they made the score closer late in the game with a couple late and meaningless TDs. I will take great, and relatively quiet, pleasure if we beat them this year. I think the game is in October, so barring injuries both teams should be well seasoned. State is a good team the last couple years.
    The game will be on Oct 17th. I already have my reservations and will be there to yell for our LA TECH DAWGS!!!

+ Reply to Thread