+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who gets drafted in 2016?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Who gets drafted in 2016?

I bet Driskell is going higher then we all think. His measurables are really good and he has a cannon of a deep throw and well placed. And the young man plays smart not throwing picks that often and is a leader on and off the field.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    I bet Driskell is going higher then we all think. His measurables are really good and he has a cannon of a deep throw and well placed. And the young man plays smart not throwing picks that often and is a leader on and off the field.

I like JD for the same reasons. In a low character league, leadership and consistency are hard to come by. I hate to guess what his numbers for us would have been if our OLine had been what we thought it was going to be in preseason. I would probably short change him. Dixon has stayed out of trouble and has played hurt since the start of 2013. He will be a huge asset for a team like Philly or even N.O.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

I think Abraham will sign as a free agent and will be very successful. He's the best cover corner we've had in several years.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Driskel's two big issues are deep ball accuracy and telegraphing his throws. A good QB coach can likely help with that. If he gets those two things addressed by the combine, he could certainly play in the league.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    No argument here. I think Barnes, Butler, and Dixon are all viable draft prospects though. Butler has as much preseason hype as D'Anthony did going into his senior season. I don't remember us ever getting a corner drafted before Barnes. Dixon will likely go out as the greatest rb in Tech history.
    So Tramon and Evans were Free Agents? That's amazing. I know Bobby Grey got some hype and was drafted but he was a Safety.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    So Tramon and Evans were Free Agents? That's amazing. I know Bobby Grey got some hype and was drafted but he was a Safety.
    I believe Tramon was a free agent. I seem to remember Evans getting drafted but I thought he played safety. (I say that because he was the only guy that could tackle Clemson people in the Humanitarian Bowl and he couldn't been all over the place like that were he a corner).
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

I believe Tramon was a free agent. I seem to remember Evans getting drafted but I thought he played safety. (I say that because he was the only guy that could tackle Clemson people in the Humanitarian Bowl and he couldn't been all over the place like that were he a corner).
    You might be right but Evans was a CB in the NFL though wasn't he? And I think you are right about Tramon. I think he was flying under the radar a bit.

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Trammon attended Assumption High when the star of the team was Brandon Jacobs, which is one reason his talents weren't recognized in high school.

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

Tramon was undrafted, signed with Houston, was cut, then signed with green bay.

Bobby Gray is who you're thinking about at safety, he was drafted in 5th round in 02 I believe. Evans was a corner and drafted in the 6th round in 92ish, won the super bowl in 97 with green bay

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Most draft picks in one year was...? That could go down this year.

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg View Post
    Most draft picks in one year was...? That could go down this year.
    4 in 1993.

Here's the draft history for Tech

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?type=school&abbr=L&collegeName=Louisiana %20Tech&abbrFlag=0

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg View Post
    That could go down this year.
    labg

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

I have no idea what that means-haha!

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaPup View Post
    Tramon was undrafted, signed with Houston, was cut, then signed with green bay.

Bobby Gray is who you're thinking about at safety, he was drafted in 5th round in 02 I believe. Evans was a corner and drafted in the 6th round in 92ish, won the super bowl in 97 with green bay
    Ok gotcha!

I think Vernon Butler will be the earliest drafted interior DL in LaTech history (edging out D'Anthony Smith).
    I think Kenneth Dixon will be drafted by the 3rd round (edging out Ryan Moats).
    I think Jeff Driskel will be drafted by the 4th round (edging out Luke McCown)

These predictions are not only based upon what they accomplished at Tech but because measurable qualities (combine/pro day) will compare well with players at their respective positions in this year's draft.

I still believe Adarius Barnes might get drafted. If not, he will be signed.

These guys have legit chances of making a team imo:

Vontarrius Dora
    Bryson Abraham
    Kentrell Brice
    Nick Thomason
    Have you considered those Dogs?

+ Reply to Thread