+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Dixon > Fournette

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Re: Dixon > Fournette

I forgot about the McNeese cancellation.
    Dixon had the better Freshman year - +160 yds, +0.5 avg, +17 TDs (rushing)

Fournette will undoubtedly obliterate Dixon's sophomore numbers. Already surpassed in TDs.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    If he could take the year off and still be a top 5 pick, I'd advise him to do it. If he tears up a knee, it will cost him a lot of money.
    Especially since Les seems like he will ride that horse into the ground if they let him. If I am Fournette, I am already talking to LSU about managing my carries.

Big Dog SIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    Especially since Les seems like he will ride that horse into the ground if they let him. If I am Fournette, I am already talking to LSU about managing my carries.
    What?! LSU always has a plethora of good backs and seems to manage the carries pretty well between them Fournette might get most of the carries, but Miles has never ran a back into the ground like I've seen Holtz do to Dixon and Bicknell do to Moats.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

I would be concerned about that as well. It doesn't look like they have any faith in the ability to pass the ball. I would be tempted to hand it off too this year- he is good.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SIC_EM_DAWGS! View Post
    What?! LSU always has a plethora of good backs and seems to manage the carries pretty well between them Fournette might get most of the carries, but Miles has never ran a back into the ground like I've seen Holtz do to Dixon and Bicknell do to Moats.
    Seriously. They use their backs brilliantly. And fournette is better than Dixon. He's better than anyone in college. He does things Dixon can't do

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

Fournett sat out the whole fourth quarter against Auburn and there were a couple of series that he was on the bench before that. Miles has said that they may pass more than run in the upcoming game.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woof! View Post
    Fournett sat out the whole fourth quarter against Auburn and there were a couple of series that he was on the bench before that. Miles has said that they will pass more than run in the upcoming game.
    Of course he sat the whole 4th quarter they were up by 4 scores. He has 48 touches in the first 2 games, including 28 carries versus MS State (a tight SEC game). I expect to see the same versus Alabama, Ole Miss, and a couple more SEC games. That is close to 30 touches, that is too many if I am Fournette.

Also, I never commented on how Les handled his backs in the past, Peanut Gallery. I just commented that it looks like he is going to ride Fournette to glory because he is their best offensive player by a long shot, so please don't read more into Dixon for 6 and Sic Em and pull your head out of your ass.

Big Dog SIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of light

Of course he sat the whole 4th quarter they were up by 4 scores. He has 48 touches in the first 2 games, including 28 carries versus MS State (a tight SEC game). I expect to see the same versus Alabama, Ole Miss, and a couple more SEC games. That is close to 30 touches, that is too many if I am Fournette.

Also, I never commented on how Les handled his backs in the past, Peanut Gallery. I just commented that it looks like he is going to ride Fournette to glory because he is their best offensive player by a long shot, so please don't read more into Dixon for 6 and Sic Em and pull your head out of your ass.
    There are comments in this thread about Fournette sitting out next year or asking for less carries, but my comment about a coach having a history of sharing the load is the one showcasing someone's head shoved up their a**?

28 carries is a lot for any back, and if that trend continues I would be worried if I had stock in Fournette, but given his coaches history I don't think this will be an issue for lsu.

I'm done commenting on this thread, it screams of little brother like our SID tweeting about moral victories last year. We have the best back in our history, who could potentially go down as the best back statistically in NCAA history, so why even worry who he is better or worse than. He's ours and he is statistically our best let's just enjoy it while we still can.

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

We have the best back in our history, who could potentially go down as the best back statistically in NCAA history, so why even worry who he is better or worse than. He's ours and he is statistically our best let's just enjoy it while we still can.
    Exactly! Even if a back wins two Heisman trophies (hello, Archie Griffin!), he might not be better than a back at another school and he might be horrible at the next level.

There are comments in this thread about Fournette sitting out next year or asking for less carries, but my comment about a coach having a history of sharing the load is the one showcasing someone's head shoved up their a**?

28 carries is a lot for any back, and if that trend continues I would be worried if I had stock in Fournette, but given his coaches history I don't think this will be an issue for lsu.

I'm done commenting on this thread, it screams of little brother like our SID tweeting about moral victories last year. We have the best back in our history, who could potentially go down as the best back statistically in NCAA history, so why even worry who he is better or worse than. He's ours and he is statistically our best let's just enjoy it while we still can.
    I can agree there. It isn't even fair to compare Dixon to one of the best RB recruits in history. Let's just enjoy Dixon for who he is, one of the greatest Tech backs in our history.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Don't look for Fornette to keep putting up big numbers like he has in the first two games. Neither of those teams had much of a defense. Auburn gave up a bunch of rushing yards to Jacksonville State and Louisville..

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

Moats > Dixon

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by hambone29 View Post
    Moats > Dixon
    Red Herring. But I like Moats, too.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

This is probably Fournette's last year. He'll turn pro.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

I had to laugh this morning. Reese on cgd said auburn spent last Saturday playing the role of bug on fournette's windshield.

+ Reply to Thread