+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Dixon > Fournette

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Dixon > Fournette

Quote Originally Posted by BR Bulldog View Post
    Dixon is better now because of experience, vision, intangibles, etc but there are probably no backs in college football with Fournette's athleticism. His top-end spend is freakish for a back with a 230 pound frame. I love Kenneth Dixon to death, but remember he has two more years of college football playing time under his belt compared to Fournette's one. Fournette screams first round talent and will be a Heisman contender the next few years. Both are remarkable backs and fun for any fan to watch.
    I don't think experience is the key variable when evaluating college running backs. I watched every game Fournette played last year, and I don't think he's as good as Dixon. Speaking of athleticism, there is a video of Dixon doing a 360dunk (at 5'10). Granted Fournette has faster top end speed, I doubt he can do that.

I make comparisons between the two because I think Dixon deserves more media attention in north Louisiana than Fournette does. Like I've said before, LSU intends to promote the assumption that they have the best players in the state. They like to leverage north la recruits with that assumption. If it is exposed as untrue (in certain positions), it could hurt their strangle hold.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Woof! View Post
    I agree with Fournette's declaration that Nick Chubb is the best running back.
    The dude struck a Heisman pose after scoring against Sam Houston State. He thinks very highly of himself. Then, he got stoned by ULM. He's arrogant.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    I am in the group with many other Tech fans. We either don't know who Fournette is, or we haven't seen him play enough to compare him to our tremendous running back, Kenneth Dixon.
    I'm really surprised we don't have more college football fans on this board. I'm not saying anyone is wrong for how they approach things. If you want to just be a Tech fan, that's your prerogative. I just thought we had more folks who followed all of college football.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    I'm really surprised we don't have more college football fans on this board. I'm not saying anyone is wrong for how they approach things. If you want to just be a Tech fan, that's your prerogative. I just thought we had more folks who followed all of college football.
    Thanks for allowing me to be a Tech fan. I am proud to be one. There are plenty of people in this state who are only LSU fans. They don't need Tech alums on their wagon.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Thanks for allowing me to be a Tech fan. I am proud to be one. There are plenty of people in this state who are only LSU fans. They don't need Tech alums on their wagon.
    Many of those fans maintain LSU players are all a higher level than LaTech's. Sometimes that assumption should be challenged (when warranted). I think Dixon is better than Fournette. I think Barnes is better than White. I think Woods is better than Mills. And I think Butler is better than any of LSU's defensive tackles. It's not because I'm some kind of Tech homer, I have objective reasons for thinking this way. But the very idea I could suggest such a thing is offensive to many LSU fans. That's why I think these types of discussions are important.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    Many of those fans maintain LSU players are all a higher level than LaTech's. Sometimes that assumption should be challenged (when warranted). I think Dixon is better than Fournette. I think Barnes is better than White. I think Woods is better than Mills. And I think Butler is better than any of LSU's defensive tackles. It's not because I'm so kind of Tech homer, I have objective reasons for thinking this way. But the very idea I could suggest such a thing is offensive to many LSU fans. That's why I think these types of discussions are important.
    They are, Rafe. Proceed.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Big Dog Hermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the rough Hermandawg's Avatar

Many of those fans maintain LSU players are all a higher level than LaTech's. Sometimes that assumption should be challenged (when warranted). I think Dixon is better than Fournette. I think Barnes is better than White. I think Woods is better than Mills. And I think Butler is better than any of LSU's defensive tackles. It's not because I'm some kind of Tech homer, I have objective reasons for thinking this way. But the very idea I could suggest such a thing is offensive to many LSU fans. That's why I think these types of discussions are important.
    I think we have 3 QB's better than either of theirs!

Quote Originally Posted by Hermandawg View Post
    I think we have 3 QB's better than either of theirs!
    I don't know about that. But I do know the national media put 2 of our db's on the Thorpe preseason watch list, and none of their's. Why is that offensive to LSU fans?

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

I don't understand the attitude that people who know what's going on outside of Ruston are somehow "on their wagon." It's OK to follow a sport beyond Louisiana Tech. I don't root for LSU. In fact, most of the time I root against LSU. (The other times I'm indifferent.) But there's a great big college football world that happens outside of Ruston, and it's OK to know what's going on.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ MiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond repute

That was probably related to the PR nightmare over how he was handling Brandon Harris.
    Thought he came up for the WM head coach funeral.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

I don't understand the attitude that people who know what's going on outside of Ruston are somehow "on their wagon." It's OK to follow a sport beyond Louisiana Tech. I don't root for LSU. In fact, most of the time I root against LSU. (The other times I'm indifferent.) But there's a great big college football world that happens outside of Ruston, and it's OK to know what's going on.
    ignorance is bliss

If there's no one else but Tech, Tech is the best. We have no peers

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    ignorance is bliss

If there's no one else but Tech, Tech is the best. We have no peers
    Oh, we have peers, and we have betters. And we have lots that think they are our betters who are not. As for me, I devote my time, money and attention to my school.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ MiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond repute

Leonard Fournette appeared to be explosive but not elusive. The few games I saw him in he was not breaking many tackles and seemed to run very stiff.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

If you even know who Fournette is, you are not a LA Tech fan!

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by MiloBumP View Post
    Leonard Fournette appeared to be explosive but not elusive. The few games I saw him in he was not breaking many tackles and seemed to run very stiff.
    That's exactly what I thought when I saw him play. He's not an elusive runner like Dixon. Just a straight ahead runner, he may never get any better than he is right now. Arkansas shut him down completely.

+ Reply to Thread