+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: K-State

Big Dog NavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to all

K-State

I just received an LTAC email about purchasing away game tickets. The email said there were no tickets available for the K State game through the Tech ticket office. I cannot make the game regardless, but anyone have the scoop?

Puppy OldDawg seems to have something between the earsOldDawg seems to have something between the earsOldDawg seems to have something between the earsOldDawg seems to have something between the earsOldDawg seems to have something between the earsOldDawg seems to have something between the earsOldDawg seems to have something between the earsOldDawg seems to have something between the ears

Re: K-State

My understanding is K-State didn't give Tech any tickets to sell. Below is what I just clipped from VividSeats. I checked several sections and couldn't spot more than 2 empty seats per and they were miles apart.

K-State Athletics > Football
    Band Day
    University Family Day

Only scattered single seats remain in reserved seating. Standing-room-only tickets on the Northeast hill are also available by using the "Purchase By Price" option.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Why would they do that?

Champ dawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to behold dawgs1's Avatar

It's called "Home-Field Advantage." I would love for Tech to get to the point that we don't have to even consider who we play & the Joe is always sold out.

Champ dawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to behold dawgs1's Avatar

We shouldn't be playing Southern to begin with. Scheduling them to expect them to help provide a big pay day is ridiculous.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawgs1 View Post
    It's called "Home-Field Advantage." I would love for Tech to get to the point that we don't have to even consider who we play & the Joe is always sold out.
    Yes! Talking about "how many they will bring" is boring.

Quote Originally Posted by dawgs1 View Post
    We shouldn't be playing Southern to begin with. Scheduling them to expect them to help provide a big pay day is ridiculous.
    IMO playing Southern is as good as it gets for a FCS opponent. Them putting butts in seats a bonus. Us agreeing to pay the amount we paid is not a good move if: a) we were depending on a large crowd from them or b) they required a large allotment of tickets.

Our marketing focus for this game should be the new construction and the great year we had in 2014, not a SWAC team or "their band".

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by OldDawg View Post
    My understanding is K-State didn't give Tech any tickets to sell. Below is what I just clipped from VividSeats. I checked several sections and couldn't spot more than 2 empty seats per and they were miles apart.

K-State Athletics > Football
    Band Day
    University Family Day

Only scattered single seats remain in reserved seating. Standing-room-only tickets on the Northeast hill are also available by using the "Purchase By Price" option.
    I thought there was an NCAA rule that required the home team to at least offer the visiting team 1000 tickets. Obviously not. But for information, the last two times I went to Manhattan (2000 and 2001) my K State friend and I swapped who bought tickets. The tickets available for Tech were slightly better than what he got through K State.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    I thought there was an NCAA rule that required the home team to at least offer the visiting team 1000 tickets. Obviously not. But for information, the last two times I went to Manhattan (2000 and 2001) my K State friend and I swapped who bought tickets. The tickets available for Tech were slightly better than what he got through K State.
    Not positive, but I believe most of the "ticket rules" apply to student athletes or prospects. I believe tickets furnished to the visiting team are designated in the contract or whatever the home team generally allows.

Champ Dubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond repute

Well on another K State note, my counterpart is a K State alumni and hardcore fan. The LaTech thread on their message board apparently boasts a loss for the Wildcats or a slight victory. Looks like we are getting more respect than we may have thought.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Not positive, but I believe most of the "ticket rules" apply to student athletes or prospects. I believe tickets furnished to the visiting team are designated in the contract or whatever the home team generally allows.
    Googled on the rules and found a 2013-2014 CAA guidelines for game day and it called for 1000 tickets to be made available to the visiting team. I never heard of CAA but it looked official and had rules about how the game day was to be carried out with or without TV.

Puppy OldDawg seems to have something between the earsOldDawg seems to have something between the earsOldDawg seems to have something between the earsOldDawg seems to have something between the earsOldDawg seems to have something between the earsOldDawg seems to have something between the earsOldDawg seems to have something between the earsOldDawg seems to have something between the ears

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    Googled on the rules and found a 2013-2014 CAA guidelines for game day and it called for 1000 tickets to be made available to the visiting team. I never heard of CAA but it looked official and had rules about how the game day was to be carried out with or without TV.
    I believe that's the Colonial Athletic Association so those are conference rules for in-conference games. I believe it's 4,000 within the Big12 and 7,000 within the SEC. I don't think there's any hard and fast rule for OOC games. Don't know if those allotments include comps, band, etc.

Varsity Bulldog jtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her game

We got 100 tickets. They will go to the largest LTAC givers.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by jtrammell View Post
    We got 100 tickets. They will go to the largest LTAC givers.
    I guess they didn't want us to be there to celebrate after they get their asses whupped.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    I guess they didn't want us to be there to celebrate after they get their asses whupped.
    Yep. That's gotta be it!!!

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dubya261 View Post
    Well on another K State note, my counterpart is a K State alumni and hardcore fan. The LaTech thread on their message board apparently boasts a loss for the Wildcats or a slight victory. Looks like we are getting more respect than we may have thought.
    That, and K-State was picked 7th of 10 in the Big 12.

Miss. State was picked last in the SEC West.

It looks like K-State and Miss. State are both 6-6 teams this year similar to Illinois last year.

We have a couple decent opportunities for P5 wins this year.

+ Reply to Thread