+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2015 Media Day

Champ longdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the rough

Re: 2015 Media Day

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    Satellite is fine where it never rains hard. Satellite was designed for those who lived way out in the country where cable was not available. I thought it was a good alternative to cable and had it for over ten years. Of course now DirecTV is owned by AT&T. I wonder which cable company owns Dish? I cancelled it because too often I got "searching for signal" in the middle of something I really wanted to watch (like a Tech football game).
    They have made vast improvements in the last 5 years. My last two Dish systems hardly never go out, it has to be a severe thunderstorm even then it won't last long; my electricity and internet go out more often. It started out that way 15 years in the rural area but more and more apts and houses have satellites.

If you like sports and specifically college sports cable TV can't compete with the programming that Dish offers

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Right...if you enjoy reading a book during bad weather.
    Also this:

Big Dog dawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud of dawg1984's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dawgpix
    From what I've been told, the Media Day was a nice event for those in attendance.

Negotiated room rate at the media hotel was a paltry $150. It didn't stop media covering NTexas, USM and UTSA from attending, among others.

Taking Driskell to Boca was a coup for Tech and a hit with the S. Florida media. I'd say if he weren't there this Media Day would have been a bust. He's sharp, speaks well, and tells a great story (now, we're ready for the rest of the story).

Unveiling of the new ASN studios was one of the reasons to move the thing to Boca. But, again, from a self-serving point of view, until C-USA announces a Monroe-West Monroe TV partner, why should I be thrilled with ASN? And, if C-USA, in fact does have a West Monroe-Monroe partner why are they waiting to announce such? And, please, don't play the "we want to sell tickets to those who need to attend the game, not watch it at home" card. C-USA has already announced a Shreveport affiliate.

I don't know what it's gonna take for Gannett to make the Tech beat a priority for the majority of its readers.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    LSU suddenly not existing.
    THIS ^^^^^^^

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

You do realize that ASN has said in email exchanges that they will not be streaming football games?

If we happen to subscribe to the world's largest cable provider, it appears we are SOL in Ouachita Parish due to the incompetence of parties in charge including LaTech's admin..
    Maybe not this year, but reading the tea leaves, I think we'll lose CBS sports keep Fox for tier 1 and move our 2/3 tier to ASN, hopefully ASN/CUSA can figure out a way to get the streaming worked out

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    Better get ready, I have the feeling we are in bed with ASN and they'll be our 2nd/3rd tier and online content provider.
    You are correct. The Monroe folks are gonna just have to get something worked out with Sinclair (the owner of ASN). The ASN Network is here to stay for CUSA. The two parties are partnering in every sense of the word. And frankly, CUSA is damn lucky to have 'em. ASN is now advertising that they'll be in 94 MILLION homes this fall, vs only 47M last fall. So, ASN will pretty much be in everyone's home but MD's.

This is a great article on ASN and C-USA by Harry Minium of the Virginian-Pilot. It gives some needed insight on the conference's relationship with this fledgling, but exploding network.

http://hamptonroads.com/2015/07/american...lion-homes

Big Dog dawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud of dawg1984's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Sucks that our local media can't afford to send someone to our "media" day.
    What and undermine years of mind control efforts to convince Louisianans that LSPoo is the supreme university of the land? Are you kidding?!?!?!

Varsity Bulldog Black is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the rough

As a Comcast subscriber living 30 miles from LaTech's campus. ASN is dead to me. ASN sucks!
    I don't read the board much in the offseason, but I recently started wondering if Monroe/WM would have access to ASN games. I'm guessing nothing was worked out, but no surprise as that would take a little effort.

+ Reply to Thread