+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Media Day

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 2015 Media Day

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Do you really expect those high brows to stay at a Quality Inn. They ain't from Bastrop!
    They sure ain't!

The Four Seasons is $246. I doubt the price got jacked up for the CUSA Media Days. Flights from Jackson to West Palm Beach or Miami are around $450 round trip.

I'm an excuse remover, I can't help but solve problems. High hotel rates weren't the issue. Its a lack of "want to"

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    They sure ain't!

The Four Seasons is $246. I doubt the price got jacked up for the CUSA Media Days. Flights from Jackson to West Palm Beach or Miami are around $450 round trip.

I'm an excuse remover, I can't help but solve problems. High hotel rates weren't the issue. Its a lack of "want to"

It was a stupid move to Boca. No reasons given.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Best motel/hotel rates in South Fl. are in the summer. Rates go up in the winter when all the tourist go there to get out of the cold weather. There are lots of flights in to Fort Lauderdale, where I went every March for radiation safety training.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    They sure ain't!

All Media Day coverage requires lodging/food expense of some type.

The deal breaker/excuse is on how expensive will the travel cost.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

From what I've been told, the Media Day was a nice event for those in attendance.

Negotiated room rate at the media hotel was a paltry $150. It didn't stop media covering NTexas, USM and UTSA from attending, among others.

Taking Driskell to Boca was a coup for Tech and a hit with the S. Florida media. I'd say if he weren't there this Media Day would have been a bust. He's sharp, speaks well, and tells a great story (now, we're ready for the rest of the story).Of cours, Coach Skip, will win most media opportunities.

Unveiling of the new ASN studios was one of the reasons to move the thing to Boca. But, again, from a self-serving point of view, until C-USA announces a Monroe-West Monroe TV partner, why should I be thrilled with ASN? And, if C-USA, in fact does have a West Monroe-Monroe partner why are they waiting to announce such? And, please, don't play the "we want to sell tickets to those who need to attend the game, not watch it at home" card. C-USA has already announced a Shreveport affiliate.

I don't know what it's gonna take for Gannett to make the Tech beat a priority for the majority of its readers.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    From what I've been told, the Media Day was a nice event for those in attendance.

Negotiated room rate at the media hotel was a paltry $150. It didn't stop media covering NTexas, USM and UTSA from attending, among others.

Taking Driskell to Boca was a coup for Tech and a hit with the S. Florida media. I'd say if he weren't there this Media Day would have been a bust. He's sharp, speaks well, and tells a great story (now, we're ready for the rest of the story).

Unveiling of the new ASN studios was one of the reasons to move the thing to Boca. But, again, from a self-serving point of view, until C-USA announces a Monroe-West Monroe TV partner, why should I be thrilled with ASN? And, if C-USA, in fact does have a West Monroe-Monroe partner why are they waiting to announce such? And, please, don't play the "we want to sell tickets to those who need to attend the game, not watch it at home" card. C-USA has already announced a Shreveport affiliate.

I don't know what it's gonna take for Gannett to make the Tech beat a priority for the majority of its readers.
    LSU suddenly not existing.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

As a Comcast subscriber living 30 miles from LaTech's campus. ASN is dead to me. ASN sucks!

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

As a Comcast subscriber living 30 miles from LaTech's campus. ASN is dead to me. ASN sucks!
    Better get ready, I have the feeling we are in bed with ASN and they'll be our 2nd/3rd tier and online content provider.

I certainly appreciate the accolades to ASN by all concerned. But, again, if I can't record it to view later, what use is it?

And if it streams and is archived, why hasn't that been announced publicly so I can quit bitching?

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    Better get ready, I have the feeling we are in bed with ASN and they'll be our 2nd/3rd tier and online content provider.
    You do realize that ASN has said in email exchanges that they will not be streaming football games?

If we happen to subscribe to the world's largest cable provider, it appears we are SOL in Ouachita Parish due to the incompetence of parties in charge including LaTech's admin..

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

You do realize that ASN has said in email exchanges that they will not be streaming football games?

If we happen to subscribe to the world's largest cable provider, it appears we are SOL in Ouachita Parish due to the incompetence of parties in charge including LaTech's admin..
    Because we can't have nice things

Champ longdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the rough

Cable TV is about decade behind satellite TV, I would never go back. (edit the bundles for home phone and internet (50MB and Phone for $75) are worthwhile but their TV programming and dvr sucks)

Quote Originally Posted by longdawgview View Post
    Cable TV is about decade behind satellite TV, I would never go back. (edit the bundles for home phone and internet (50MB and Phone for $75) are worthwhile but their TV programming and dvr sucks)
    Yes, yes, satellite is wonderful for those with unobstructed views of the sky . . . , but cable is still a major player.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Satellite is fine where it never rains hard. Satellite was designed for those who lived way out in the country where cable was not available. I thought it was a good alternative to cable and had it for over ten years. Of course now DirecTV is owned by AT&T. I wonder which cable company owns Dish? I cancelled it because too often I got "searching for signal" in the middle of something I really wanted to watch (like a Tech football game).

Quote Originally Posted by longdawgview View Post
    Cable TV is about decade behind satellite TV
    Right...if you enjoy reading a book during bad weather.

+ Reply to Thread