+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shreveport-Bossier Radio

Champ MiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Shreveport-Bossier Radio

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    what stations in shreveport are not weak? Krmd fm used to be one of the more popular country stations.
    krmd...all amercan country!!!

Varsity Bulldog barkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of light barkly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    OK, I had to come to Shreveport for a lunch board meeting and I put my radio on 100.7. I began getting a decent signal between Minden and Haughton. By Haughton it was very clear. All the way out to East 70th near Youree I had a very good signal. So it is much better than thought it would be.
    Try it at night. You will be able to hear it 1/2 mile from the station.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    I'm really surprised that some people are upset with the radio coverage now, and no one cared when A 100,000 watt station was dropped for a 5000 watt station.
    Yes, people cared then. For some reason you keep imagining they did not. That was well before the days of internet. You always pick the strangest places to intro into your "driving to the top of the mountain in N. Ark. to listen to Tech games on 107.5". Now would be the time you begin to defend Jerry Stovall's job as our AD.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Yes, people cared then. For some reason you keep imagining they did not. That was well before the days of internet. You always pick the strangest places to intro into your "driving to the top of the mountain in N. Ark. to listen to Tech games on 107.5". Now would be the time you begin to defend Jerry Stovall's job as our AD.
    I just couldn't stop myself, that was way too easy to pass on.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by barkly View Post
    Try it at night. You will be able to hear it 1/2 mile from the station.
    They drop the power on an FM station at night?
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Yep, so the Mexican stations will come in clear.

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    Yep, nothing like some "Welcome to America, land of the free..... stuff" music to help you cross the border

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Typically, no...it isn't common for the FCC to reduce power on FM stations at night. That's more of an AM thing. FM signals are more impacted by terrain, but occasionally, atmospheric conditions can enhance or reduce even FM signals.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    Typically, no...it isn't common for the FCC to reduce power on FM stations at night. That's more of an AM thing. FM signals are more impacted by terrain, but occasionally, atmospheric conditions can enhance or reduce even FM signals.
    That's what I thought. Some of our Bulldogs who live in and around Shreveport need to start paying attention to the signal of this station day and night and give us some reports. I know we'd like a station which booms Bulldog sports out into the Ark-La-Tex, but hopefully this is at least doing a decent job of covering the Shreveport-Bossier area.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    Maybe we should approach "Soul XPRS" to broadcast our games since Wolfman Jack is now gone........

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

That's what I thought. Some of our Bulldogs who live in and around Shreveport need to start paying attention to the signal of this station day and night and give us some reports
    I'll report from beautiful downtown metropolitan, central business district Haughton. (city limits)

This morning at 5:00 AM I got a simultaneous conglomeration of three garbled stations, 2 music, 1 partial sentences of guys' voices. Somewhere between the race track and Bossier the sports talk dominated and became understandable. Loud and clear from Bossier to the Broadmoor Y on Youree. I'll check it a couple of times tonight.

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

That's what I thought. Some of our Bulldogs who live in and around Shreveport need to start paying attention to the signal of this station day and night and give us some reports. I know we'd like a station which booms Bulldog sports out into the Ark-La-Tex, but hopefully this is at least doing a decent job of covering the Shreveport-Bossier area.
    Well, I lived off Hwy 80 near LaDowns and could not pick up up for most of the Bulldogs games, then moved to the North Side of Cross Lake in the Lakeview neighborhood and still could not pick up the station.... that is unless I got in the truck and even then it was not always a good signal!

Big Dog olddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her game

I guess I live in a good location. Checked 100.7 last night and just a few minutes ago and it is coming in very well. I live east of Highway 171 and between 70th Street and the Innerloop. In fact, it's stronger than 101.1.

Champ dawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to behold dawgs1's Avatar

Fortunately, for football season, many of us will not have to listen to the games on radio. We will either be at the game or we can watch it on tv. Most Louisiana radio stations broadcast to more cows than people these days.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty good reception in central Haughton City limits in my car. A little fading with an echo-like audio as if someone were speaking with a bucket over their heads. No reception on home radio. Fades in/out with other stations bleeding in until mile marker 30 where signal and audio become very clear and strong.

+ Reply to Thread