+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tech receives 5 votes in preseason Coaches Poll

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Re: Tech receives 5 votes in preseason Coaches Poll

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Nine wins is best case?

Of the 7 teams we played last year and will play again this year, we beat all of them, absolutely obliterated 6 of the 7 (all except UTSA who is picked last this year). We add Southern at home, FIU at home, and Middle Tennessee at home. That's at least 9 and likely 10 games that we should be favored to win. Then we play two mediocre P5 teams.

I think our best case is a bit higher than 9 wins.
    STAHP, my only hope is another bowl game, we need to focus on consistently having winning seasons, then we can start getting to double digit W's.

Puppy alex.dog is just really nicealex.dog is just really nicealex.dog is just really nicealex.dog is just really nicealex.dog is just really nicealex.dog is just really nicealex.dog is just really nicealex.dog is just really nicealex.dog is just really nicealex.dog is just really nicealex.dog is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Nine wins is best case?

Of the 7 teams we played last year and will play again this year, we beat all of them, absolutely obliterated 6 of the 7 (all except UTSA who is picked last this year). We add Southern at home, FIU at home, and Middle Tennessee at home. That's at least 9 and likely 10 games that we should be favored to win. Then we play two mediocre P5 teams.

I think our best case is a bit higher than 9 wins.
    yes, obviously best case is 14-0 and winning a big bowl. I guess instead of saying "best case" I should say "most realistic good case". I really do think we won so many games last year with amazingly big plays on offense and defense that it is, in my opinion, very unlikely we will repeat that many "instant game changing" type of plays so frequently. I hope we can, but it just seems unlikely any team would do that two seasons in a row. I realize we do have some real home run hitters on offense, so we shall see.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BulldawgAlum08 View Post
    If you want to see just how bunk human polls are and have a laugh at the same time, look at who received 2 more votes than we did. I had a good laugh when I saw.
    Spill it. What team?

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    Spill it. What team?
    Illinois

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    Illinois
    That should change very quickly after the first few games. You are right about pre-season polls. Of course, it matters more for G5 to enter with some votes than it does P5. P5 can get into the top 25 pretty quickly. With G5, you almost have to be undefeated for the whole season to get noticed, if you start out at 60 to 70.

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    That should change very quickly after the first few games. You are right about pre-season polls. Of course, it matters more for G5 to enter with some votes than it does P5. P5 can get into the top 25 pretty quickly. With G5, you almost have to be undefeated for the whole season to get noticed, if you start out at 60 to 70.
    The point is that Illinois is not going to be good this year, and since we beat them soundly at the end of last year it's ludicrous that they received more votes, much less any.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    The point is that Illinois is not going to be good this year, and since we beat them soundly at the end of last year it's ludicrous that they received more votes, much less any.
    I agree and that was my point that I agreed with you about pre-season polls.

+ Reply to Thread