+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Professor Jack Painter Passes Away

Big Dog Slackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the rough

Professor Jack Painter Passes Away

A friend of mine let me know that Professor Jack Painter passed away on July 25th in New Bern, NC. He was my "favorite" professor while attending Tech or any other institution for that matter. I still have my notes and books from his, I mean "OUR" classes; I learned so much from him and have such fond memories from our classwork. God Bless you sir; you will be missed.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Professor Jack Painter Passes Away

Quote Originally Posted by Slackdog View Post
    A friend of mine let me know that Professor Jack Painter passed away on July 25th in New Bern, NC. He was my "favorite" professor while attending Tech or any other institution for that matter. I still have my notes and books from his, I mean "OUR" classes; I learned so much from him and have such fond memories from our classwork. God Bless you sir; you will be missed.
    I only had one class from him, but I greatly enjoyed it. He was always one of all of the students' favorites as he taught core courses for all engineers (statics, dynamics and strengths) in addition to his regular Civil Engineering courses. My thoughts are with his family.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Had him for a couple of CE courses. First time I visited him in his office in the Nuke Engineering building, and that Geiger Counter was ticking, I asked him if there was any danger being in that building. He said, "Nah, not as long as the Geiger Counter wasn't clicking." I said, "Well....it is. Come listen." He faked panic and then laughed. "Just normal radiation readings," he assured me.

Liked him instantly! He was also a huge help in a research paper I had for another class.

Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I also had him for just one class. He made class fun and interesting for sure.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

He made it fun to be in class

Big Dog DrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to all

I had him for one class. I probably still have a few green stamps from him if I look around hard enough. When I think about it; it is really cool that I get to teach sort of the same classes that he taught. We don't have statics and strengths separate anymore - they are combined together. But still some of the same things he taught me I get to pass on to new students. I guess I need to learn to juggle though to get the full effect.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Anybody remember him riding his unicycle around the court at halftime of basketball games? Too bad all of our professors couldn't be as good as he was, it would have made college life a lot more fun. Great teacher!!

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Puppy walaywan is an unknown

I had him for so many courses that one time he told me I was second to the Dean of Engineering at a university (forgot its name) in the number of courses taken with him.

"Greetings, Kind Sir!!", "Friday Jubilee", "Good days I've seen, better I am looking for", "Fair to middling", "Now is "A" time", and "Now is "The" time". Jack Timberlake Painter will deeply missed!!

"We all belong to God, and we all will return to Him"

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar

Great man and teacher. He will be missed.

+ Reply to Thread