+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Tech campus, specifically the DAC may go Wet

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Re: Tech campus, specifically the DAC may go Wet

TAF acquired the property around the stadium that houses the foundation that supports the east and west side suites / club seating.

The lease is a 99 year lease and not considered state property during that time span. TAF could sell hookers and coke in the corporate suites and stadium clubs if it was legal.

The west and east side club and suites don't actually touch any part of the stadium - only the leased ground from LSU.

I don't know shit about their end zone - I did not work on that project - thank the lawd.

Quote Originally Posted by Exes&Ohs View Post
    I think the SEZ was set up on paper like the Tiger Foundation at LSU whereby through some legal manipulations they are able to bypass the STATE rule that forbids alcohol on college campuses. The structure is somehow exempt as being semi private, etc therefore the booze can flow INSIDE the bldg. This is the route LSU took in order to enable the sale of booze in their recent East side addition. Its available only in those particular structures and not on a stadium wide basis.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

I think the SEZ was set up on paper like the Tiger Foundation at LSU whereby through some legal manipulations they are able to bypass the STATE rule that forbids alcohol on college campuses. The structure is somehow exempt as being semi private, etc therefore the booze can flow INSIDE the bldg. This is the route LSU took in order to enable the sale of booze in their recent East side addition. Its available only in those particular structures and not on a stadium wide basis.
    Don't think so, pretty sure it's all Tech's property, obviously the prohibition on selling on state property is not valid since ULL sells it on the Cajun Field Concourse.

Varsity Bulldog Exes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    Don't think so, pretty sure it's all Tech's property, obviously the prohibition on selling on state property is not valid since ULL sells it on the Cajun Field Concourse.
    It would take a bunch of lawyers to figure it out but that Cajun Dome area is city and parish property mostly thus they allow the beer to flow. Thats how it is sold in the Cajun Dome too. The state has a finger in the pie in some respect but they arent considered owners.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

It would take a bunch of lawyers to figure it out but that Cajun Dome area is city and parish property mostly thus they allow the beer to flow. Thats how it is sold in the Cajun Dome too. The state has a finger in the pie in some respect but they arent considered owners.
    I always thought the Cajun Dome WAS owned by the city, but I had just read that somewhere a long time ago. Never knew exactly, but I had assumed (never a good idea) that the city built it for the Cajuns to use and as a city venue for concerts and other events.

Varsity Bulldog Exes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I always thought the Cajun Dome WAS owned by the city, but I had just read that somewhere a long time ago. Never knew exactly, but I had assumed (never a good idea) that the city built it for the Cajuns to use and as a city venue for concerts and other events.
    Either city or parish, dont know the fine print, but ULL has to secure approval when scheduling games in the dome to avoid conflicts with pro teams, concerts, conventions, etc

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

In asking questions over the past few weeks about this subject, I've heard the exact opposite. There is no current rule - at least in the University of Louisiana or the LSU System - or state law that prohibits the sale or the use of alcohol on a college campus. If you are seeing a document that lists such a rule, there is an updated document that supercedes it.

An attorney who has dealt with LSU and the state legislature on numerous legal issues over the past 20 years told me that there is also no need for a university to obtain any type of waiver or change in local liquor laws to acomodate such use or sales. Each UL System school is its own municipality, essentially overseen by the state. Those laws go back to the Long era and were included in the state's "new" constitution in the early 70s. Tech doing so was likely done for political, not legal, reasons.

Within the UL System alone, UL-Lafayette serves alcohol to the general public at football games in Cajun Field and at baseball games at Tigue Moore Field. Without question, those two facilities are part of its campus and have no affiliation with the city of Lafayette. Southeastern Louisiana serves alcohol at football games to the general public, including beer and daiquiris. Several individuals on this board have indicated ULM now allows alcohol in certain areas of Malone Stadium.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Yes Cajun Dome is part city/private/ULL but I said Cajun Field which is 100% ULL's property. I had a few refreshing Coors Lights in the stands that I purchased on the concourse.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

http://www.latech.edu/documents/drugs.pdf

It has always been RUSTON and the University that has prevented alcohol sales on campus. There is no state law.

+ Reply to Thread