+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Bayou Classic Moves to NBC Sports

Champ zharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant future zharkins's Avatar

Re: Bayou Classic Organizer Talks About Move To NBC Sports Network

You can spin it however you want, but that would be like us saying how we are glad our games in the past were on CBS Sports Network instead of regular national broadcast CBS.

Varsity Bulldog Statboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by zharkins View Post
    You can spin it however you want, but that would be like us saying how we are glad our games in the past were on CBS Sports Network instead of regular national broadcast CBS.
    When an individual decides to ignore facts, clearly rational thinking isn't in his/her ability to use.

One can only take solace in a quote by the late great George Carlin and take note of how envy can create insanity.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats statboy, you are the second member on my ignore list.

You have become annoying.

Champ zharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant future zharkins's Avatar

Just so we are clear what I think

1) The move will certainly increase attendance.
    2) NBC probably did increase the payout as well to move it to NBC Sports Network.
    3) I do envy Southern's fans and their passion for their team as evidenced by their huge turnouts at ULL and ULM and think it is way overdue that they came to Louisiana Tech. I wish we travelled 1/4 as well.
    4) The event is certainly not going to approach demise.

But the move from broadcast TV to a cable network is certainly a hit in status, will result in much lower ratings, and will be harder to access for alumni not able to travel to the event, despite the statement spinning things like streaming and using the word million.

Varsity Bulldog Statboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    Congrats statboy, you are the second member on my ignore list.

You have become annoying.

Great! That means I won't have to see any of these kind of post from you again. ..correct?

As my dear mother use to say " You can't miss what you never had"

Having said that, I sincerely apologize for forcing you to read anything I may have posted.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zharkins View Post
    3) I do envy Southern's fans and their passion for their team as evidenced by their huge turnouts at ULL and ULM .
    Didn't realize they played nlulm. Huge turnout in Monroe?

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Didn't realize they played nlulm. Huge turnout in Monroe?
    I think they are schedule for next year. 2017 UTSA

Sorry. Thinking about NWSt. Attendance was 15k for Southern and averaged 6K the rest of the way at home.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Bayou Classic Moves to NBC Sports

Quote Originally Posted by Statboy View Post
    Just Curious if you advocated that Tech stay on the FCS level, so that they could participate in the playoffs?
    Hell no! I advocate for Tech to strive to climb the ladder. To excel at all things. In football, we DO compete for a national championship. It's a tough hill to climb for us, for most schools, but we haven't unilaterally removed ourselves from the arena....just so we can have an excuse.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

D80, although we know a SWAC team has never been competitive in the 1AA/FCS playoffs, we also know that they make zero money (maybe lose money) by playing in the playoffs. It's silly for them to give up "classic" games for a chance to play in games they can't make money in even if they win.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Hell no! I advocate for Tech to strive to climb the ladder. To excel at all things. In football, we DO compete for a national championship. It's a tough hill to climb for us, for most schools, but we haven't unilaterally removed ourselves from the arena....just so we can have an excuse.

I'm doing my best to not to insult your intelligence.

So for the last time the SWAC has NEVER had an auto bid to the playoffs.

Every bid they have gotten was by way of at large.

Even so the only teams that aren't eligible to participate is Grambling and Southern and if you think giving up millions of dollars to pay 70k for a bid to give 75% of your gate to the NCAA makes sense, I just pray to GOD you're nobody accountant.

At the end of the day you can talk all that rabid fan noise who don't have to pay one bill all you want to. But the truth of the matter there's only one reason that Tech move up and schedule Southern and that's for money.

And you can spin that however you like, but this is far from my first rodeo.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Right, as if the Classic can't be scheduled the week before the playoffs start. Bullshit.

But, keep hiding behind your excuses. Okay, fine.

The real numbers that matter in this argument are:

66-19
    44-21 (was 44-0 until the bench was cleared)
    and scores like that.

Right, as if the Classic can't be scheduled the week before the playoffs start. Bullshit.

66-19
    and scores like that.
    You're really not that bright are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Statboy View Post
    Actually I was trying to save you the embarrassment of your ignorance of the facts, since you profess to have a good knowledge of all things GSU/SU.

But since you insist on having an answer.

1) lasted I checked all colleges games were played on Saturdays long before there even was a D1aa playoff.

I could be wrong but odds are that I'm not

2)The Bayou Classic is the annual college football game between the Grambling State University Tigers and the Southern University Jaguars, first held under that name in 1974 atTulane Stadium in New Orleans, Louisiana, although the series itself actually began in 1936. Since 1990 the game has been held the final Saturday in November after being picked up by NBC.

3) D1AA was created in 1978. I understand that might have slip by you, because Tech may have been trying to decide which one of the eleven conferences in ten decades its been a member of, that it wanted to join at the time.

Or you simply could have been to young to know that.

4). Southern has never had any interest in participating in the D1AA playoffs in its present format

5) The SWAC was never given an auto bid even though for many years it schools ranked in the top 5-10 polling of D1AA.

Hopefully that clears some things up for you.

66-19
    and scores like that.
    You can start the campaign for Tech to move down anytime. The chance of them infiltrating the P5 playoffs is slim to none.

I'll be the first to sign the petition.

+ Reply to Thread