+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What would your G5 Top 25 be?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: What would your G5 Top 25 be?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Current rules have changed - the NCAA saw to that last spring with the creation of the Autonomous 5 - really no implementation yet other than the "pay for play" but that is just the card to be played...
    Of course "Pay for Play" will play into things, but I was referring to the W/L records as they apply to bowl game qualifications. The Big 10 has struggled to fill spots with FCS and G5 games allowed. Also, the math says there are not enough A-5 teams for the to schedule just among themselves and fill all their bowl slots. This is why I believe the G5s will remain in the mix.

Bulldog DD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her game

Re: What would your G5 Top 25 be?

I agree with most of the posts here! Calling ourselves mid-major gives legitimacy to the "p-5's"! To me it feels like being called JV! The P-5 wanted this distinction but it doesn't mean we have to agree with them! No doubt we have to increase funding for our programs but every time the G-5's spend more $$ then the P-5' s up the ante by spending 10 times that amount! It is what it is but we should not legitimize the media and powers that be!!

+ Reply to Thread