+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tech playoff debate

Bulldog S'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the roughS'PortDawg is a jewel in the rough

Tech playoff debate

I had an interesting college playoff discussion with my coworkers this week. And since I'm a little tired of reading about Southern and beer drinking preferences, I thought I'd see what y'all thought. My question was if Louisiana Tech does end up running the table and finishing undefeated this year in football, can they make the college playoff final four?

My contention was MSU and KSU would need to be ranked in the top 25 by the end of the year and there would need to be at least one other conference opponent that we beat that finished their season 8-4 or better. Then, I thought with that resume, Tech could sneak in to a 4 spot and jump a 1 loss Big 12 team that has no conference championship.

My coworkers said there was absolutely nothing Tech could do, even if MSU won the SEC championship. Then again, they're SEC hacks.

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Tech playoff debate

Quote Originally Posted by S'PortDawg View Post
    I had an interesting college playoff discussion with my coworkers this week. And since I'm a little tired of reading about Southern and beer drinking preferences, I thought I'd see what y'all thought. My question was if Louisiana Tech does end up running the table and finishing undefeated this year in football, can they make the college playoff final four?

My contention was MSU and KSU would need to be ranked in the top 25 by the end of the year and there would need to be at least one other conference opponent that we beat that finished their season 8-4 or better. Then, I thought with that resume, Tech could sneak in to a 4 spot and jump a 1 loss Big 12 team that has no conference championship.

My coworkers said there was absolutely nothing Tech could do, even if MSU won the SEC championship. Then again, they're SEC hacks.
    MSU and KSU would have to go undefeated and win their respective conferences, IMO. Whoever we would beat in the CCG would have to be ranked and either undefeated or with one loss.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

If MSU wins the SEC and their only loss is to Tech and Tech rolled through the schedule easily. And if KSU is ranked in the Top 25 at the end of the year, a case could be made for Tech, but the politics would not be on our side. They would likely still put MSU in the playoff over Tech, imo. The excuse would be that MSU played a tougher schedule and proved more.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

If by a miracle we went undefeated, I'd still be pleasantly shocked at a playoff berth.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Not in the play-off but in one of the "reserved" bowl slots that used to be called BCS -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

We'd get into an "Access Bowl" as DeeWayne says. IMHO, the only G5 who'd have a chance at Final Four would be a team who has a history of consistent Access Bowl appearances. . . . . like a Boise.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

Peach/Cotton bowl at best. No way we get into the final 4. The powers that be won't allow it.

Big Dog Cory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud of Cory's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    We'd get into an "Access Bowl" as DeeWayne says. IMHO, the only G5 who'd have a chance at Final Four would be a team who has a history of consistent Access Bowl appearances. . . . . like a Boise.
    Agreed. You would almost have to start out ranked in the top 25 (or be their by week 2) to work your way toward one of those top playoff spots. Boise could do it since they went to the Access Bowl last year and won. While Tech did okatast year, losses NSU and OD make last years resume moot.

Varsity Bulldog Docman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to all

No way the "big boys" would allow ANY G5 team into the playoffs!! That is their party and they will guard it closely.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    While Tech did ok last year, losses NSU and OD make last years resume moot.
    Our status as non-A5 makes it moot (I get what you're saying though).

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

If we ran the table and Miss State and K-State finished with 1 loss each, both finishing in the top ten--we would be in the national debate. In that scenario, none of the other contenders could boast in defeating 2 P5 conference champions.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Big Dog latechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by S'PortDawg View Post

My contention was MSU and KSU would need to be ranked in the top 25 by the end of the year and there would need to be at least one other conference opponent that we beat that finished their season 8-4 or better. Then, I thought with that resume, Tech could sneak in to a 4 spot and jump a 1 loss Big 12 team that has no conference championship

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Not in the play-off but in one of the "reserved" bowl slots that used to be called BCS -
    Yep!

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

I just want to go to bowl games in back to back years!!!!!!!

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

If our conference mates won their P5 games, we went undefeated, and our P5 opponents won their conference title we would deserves a spot. However, we still would not get it.

+ Reply to Thread