+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Merchandise Help

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Merchandise Help

Just moved back to north Louisiana, and I need help. Why is it I can only find ULM and LSU polos and not Tech stuff in the Monroe/West Monroe area?

So far I've been to

Academy in West Monroe. They have a huge LSU store with 20 different styles of polos. 1 rack of Tech Columbia fishing shirts. They even have ULM polos. No Tech ones. Been there twice.

Target in Monroe. Again lots of LSU stuff and some ULM stuff.

Dicks in Monroe. Again...LSU.

SAMs in Monroe. LSU stuff and some suprisingly nice ULM polos.

Wal-Mart in Monroe and West-Monroe. LSU and ULM stuff.

Why do we make it so hard to be a Tech fan 28 miles from the campus? I want to spend good money on Nike dri-fit stuff or under armor, and I can't find it anywhere.

So is this a licensing issue or an availability issue? I think the demand is there.

Don't tell me I have to be in Ruston and can only buy Tech Nike polos at the Bookstore if they happen to be open.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Merchandise Help

You have to be in Ruston and can only buy Tech Nike polos at the Bookstore if they happen to be open.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Merchandise Help

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    Just moved back to north Louisiana, and I need help. Why is it I can only find ULM and LSU polos and not Tech stuff in the Monroe/West Monroe area?

So far I've been to

Academy in West Monroe. They have a huge LSU store with 20 different styles of polos. 1 rack of Tech Columbia fishing shirts. They even have ULM polos. No Tech ones. Been there twice.

Target in Monroe. Again lots of LSU stuff and some ULM stuff.

Dicks in Monroe. Again...LSU.

SAMs in Monroe. LSU stuff and some suprisingly nice ULM polos.

Wal-Mart in Monroe and West-Monroe. LSU and ULM stuff.

Why do we make it so hard to be a Tech fan 28 miles from the campus? I want to spend good money on Nike dri-fit stuff or under armor, and I can't find it anywhere.

So is this a licensing issue or an availability issue? I think the demand is there.

Don't tell me I have to be in Ruston and can only buy Tech Nike polos at the Bookstore if they happen to be open.
    Our marketing people would probably tell you they are doing all they can. The result says they need to do more.

The issue? I believe it is a lack of effort on our part and poor service by the stores you mentioned. The only real case study out of the group is Academy. They have almost sold out of Tech merchandise for the entire time they've been in WM. I'd guess Tech has the highest rate of purchase to sales even over lsu. IMO somebody in charge at a low level is keeping Tech merchandise out (corruption) with the buying demand of "buy equal amounts of Tech and ulm stuff".

Dicks, Walmarts (Sams), and Target buyers are probably not corrupt, just ignorant.

+ Reply to Thread