+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Recruiting

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

2016 Recruiting

So, do I have this right ??

18 H.S. offers outstanding
    2 JUCO offers outstanding

H.S.: 1 AR, 1 AZ, 1 FL, 4 GA, 4 LA (down from 6 after recently having 2 say they weren't interested), 1 MI, 2 TN, 3 TX, 1 Wash. D.C.

Not much in the way of stars ratings: Lard, LA - 3* Rivals, 4* ESPN; Adams, Wash. D.C. - 3* Scout; Robinson, GA - 4* Rivals; Hughes, TN - 3* Rivals.

JUCO: 1 Iowa Western, 1 Northern Oklahoma

No stars ratings.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Re: 2016 Recruiting

Kinda curious why we have only one (1) offer outstanding in the entire state of Florida , and Konkol spent the last four years there ??

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I think he is being VERY guarded with these last two rides -

He may not even use them until this fall or spring, which would give him 4 in total
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

So. If we have offers outstanding and players commit for the fall signing, are we obliged to take them ??

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Based on the conversation today, I'm not certain we have that many offers out

I should hope not.

Interesting how much Konkol has stepped down from the level of players (say a) Miami recruits ...................

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    I should hope not.

Interesting how much Konkol has stepped down from the level of players (say a) Miami recruits ...................
    I'm not seeing that...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I'm not seeing that...
    Where are you looking ??

Where are you looking ??
    Listening to those close to the program and staff -

Do the math - look at the maximum number of rides available and the supposed offers

Folks need to remember the CORE of MW's first class that accounted for all of those victories the past 3 years had a grand total of 3 D1 offers in total COMBINED for those 3 players

Until proven otherwise, I'm going to trust the staff - he has a good track record at George Mason and the U

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Fact is we are closer to George Mason than Miami in the type of players we can normally sign... but that is okay, GM made it to a Final Four recently as opposed to Miami's Sweet 16.

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    Fact is we are closer to George Mason than Miami in the type of players we can normally sign... but that is okay, GM made it to a Final Four recently as opposed to Miami's Sweet 16.
    Yep -

I don't get caught up in the all the **** ratings in basketball recruiting, I can usually look at them and tell if they can play or not

Between McCree and Hamilton - we have a one two punch that can keep us in the top 1/3 of the league -

Deric Jean will play from game one

Merle Holden should be MUCH improved

White should take a leap forward if his injury is held

The SHOOTIN GUARD (as Boykins refers to himself in the 3rd person) to me is the X factor - he can be deadly and carry the team when he gets hot

Can Brandon Sheppard get over his passiveness?

Can Dayon take a step forward on the offensive side of the ball like he did on the defensive end?

We still have a lot of talent on the 11 man roster

UAB and ODU will be the teams to beat

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

I have a feeling Boykins is going to be a starter. He is too good of a shooter and defender not to be. The question for me is he starting at the two or three (in effect 2A).

If Jean is as good as we think he can be, he pushes Alex and Cobi up a spot to the 2 and 3 positions.

If I had to guess, I think this is where it is headed. You put your best 5 out there and play to your strengths which in our case will be quickness and athleticism. No real harm in a first year coach going with a young point. Like Speedy and White, they can grow up together.

1 Jean
    2 Hamilton
    3 Boykins
    4 McCree
    5 Holden

I am modifying expectations on Slim, considering the loss of training he has had. However, we will need him and Sheppard at the end of the year to have a chance in the tourney.

With a little seasoning, this bunch can be very good down the stretch. Going to be fun to watch them hopefully progress. I am very hopeful because we are SO far ahead of where we were the last time we broke in a new staff.

....... we are SO far ahead of where we were the last time we broke in a new staff.
    Exactly.

And that's why recruiting is SO important; so we don't slide right back into mediocrity or worse.

Exactly.

And that's why recruiting is SO important; so we don't slide right back into mediocrity or worse.
    I agree, but I am giving him a pass for this year. Coming in in May with a solid base, you are better off being relatively sure as opposed to just filling in the roster. IF he doesn't fill either of the final two spots before school starts, he can hold them and begin using them for 2016 as early as November.

........IF he doesn't fill either of the final two spots before school starts, he can hold them and begin using them for 2016 as early as November.
    Oh, I think that would be the only prudent thing he can do. Thus, the heading recruiting 2016. Now, the question is, can he recruit effectively ??

+ Reply to Thread