+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Recruiting

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Re: 2016 Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by hambone29 View Post
    Select and/or Professor-
    What is Reese's position, measurables, positives, negatives, etc?
    Just curious.
    Reese is a 6-4 wing who can handle the ball as a backup PG if necessary. I think he can play either the 2 or the 3 for us. He was the Class B MVP last season, leading Anacoco to its first ever boys basketball state title. He's a great scorer who can create his own shot off the dribble, get to the hole and has great vision. He's a very well-rounded player and a great kid (who's a 4.0 student with a 29 on the ACT).

The knock on him going into the summer was that he hadn't played against any real competition and hadn't shown he could play against athletic players. From what Select tells me, he proved he could do that this summer while playing for his team (I didn't get to see him play this summer).

I know he has an offer from UNO and several other Southland schools are recruiting him (I don't know precisely who has offered, but I think Southeastern has). He's also a great baseball player (we are recruiting him for that sport, and I believe we've offered), but Will told me he's decided he wants to play basketball at the next level. He's the kind of kid I think Coach Konkol would want to build his program around over the next four years, and I would have offered him yesterday.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I think Anacoco is playing in Northwood's tournament this year if anybody wants to see Reese in person.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

NadB while it is obvious you think our recruiting success can only originate from the state of Florida, from the looks of it we are after plenty of solid players. One or two from FLA, a few from Georgia, some from Texas, and a Detroit and Chicago kid for 2016. Lots of Louisiana kids for the class of 2017. I think that 2017 class for the state of LA (pronounced lab) is very deep. Let's let the guy work to build his program before we write him off as a bad recruiter. He knows the style he wants to recruit to Tech. That's the beauty of being at a school like Tech. You can shop around and build the exact team you think you need to be successful. Rupp and Richard were at a different LaTech. We have some respect now.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    the state of LA (pronounced lab).
    Lah*... Darn autocorrect.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

NadB while it is obvious you think our recruiting success can only originate from the state of Florida.......
    HaHa, Dix; I seriously doubt that anyone except you might draw that conclusion. Fact is, Florida is a big state with lots of good prospects, and we've had pretty good success with players from Florida. In case you hadn't noticed, we currently have 5 players from Florida on the roster (~45% of the roster including the two signees EK has brought in; ~55% without them).

One might think that since EK has spent the last four years at "The U", he might have good contacts in the state and know the h.s. prospects ?? One might wonder if EK should be able to recruit Florida better than M.W. did (who spent the last four years in Ruston) ??

Or, maybe not ................ I've only seen one mention of an offer outstanding to a recruit from Florida, out of more than 20 total.

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    HaHa, Dix; I seriously doubt that anyone except you might draw that conclusion. Fact is, Florida is a big state with lots of good prospects, and we've had pretty good success with players from Florida. In case you hadn't noticed, we currently have 5 players from Florida on the roster (~45% of the roster including the two signees EK has brought in; ~55% without them).

One might think that since EK has spent the last four years at "The U", he might have good contacts in the state and know the h.s. prospects ?? One might wonder if EK should be able to recruit Florida better than M.W. did (who spent the last four years in Ruston) ??

Or, maybe not ................ I've only seen one mention of an offer outstanding to a recruit from Florida, out of more than 20 total.
    He also may know more about this year's class out of Florida. Seems he is hitting Texas and Georgia.

The U signed 4 guys in 2013. VA, TN, OH, NJ
    4 guys in '14. TX, DC, two from PN
    2 guys in '15. FL and NC

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

He also may know more about this year's class out of Florida.....
    Or not, unless they are very highly or highly ranked prospects. The U has (at least ??) five offers outstanding in FL; two 5* and two 4* and one 3* recruits.

So far, they have a commitment from a 4* center and a 3* shooting guard transfer, neither from Florida.

Whoa ............................

So, our only outstanding offer to a recruit from Florida, and he just removed us from consideration ??

Hmmmmmmmmmmm ...........

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    Whoa ............................

So, our only outstanding offer to a recruit from Florida, and he just removed us from consideration ??

Hmmmmmmmmmmm ...........
    This can mean so many things. You want it to be "Konkol can't recruit Florida".. Maybe the kid hasn't been contacted by us in a few weeks? It's not always the kid's decision.

I think you should give this dude a chance. Recruiting is all about presentation and style of play. Konkol seems like a genuine, "cool" dude and his style of play won't differ much from mike white except we will actually have a half-court game.

Terrell turner is an outstanding offer from Florida. So our only Florida guy isn't the only Florida guy.

Also I already mentioned the U didn't really recruit Florida.

But this coach doesn't know what he's doing.. That's been proven by him being here a few months and not having a bunch of offers floating around Florida.

This can mean so many things. You want it to be "Konkol can't recruit Florida".. Maybe the kid hasn't been contacted by us in a few weeks? It's not always the kid's decision.
    Wrong again, Dix. I want it to be "Konkol can recruit Florida".

BTW, "the kid" wants to early sign in November and has dropped us from his list when he cut it down to five schools.

http://hoopseen.com/index.php/news/h...ampaign=buffer

Terrell turner is an outstanding offer from Florida. So our only Florida guy isn't the only Florida guy.
    Look at the Thread title .

2016 Recruiting.

Turner is listed as a 2017 offer.

Jus' Sayin ....................

The U signed 4 guys in 2013. VA, TN, OH, NJ
    4 guys in '14. TX, DC, two from PN
    2 guys in '15. FL and NC
    This looks more like failure than success to me, Dix. I know The U had the offers out there; apparently they couldn't sign the recruits they wanted from their home state ??

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

6-9 Power Forward Carleton Williams offered by LA Tech.

https://twitter.com/VerbalCommits/st...22210170945536

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

2016 Arlington Heights (TX) 6'-7" PF Andre Washington (@AndreWa65022245) picks up an offer from Louisiana Tech. #SN http://showtimenation.com

+ Reply to Thread