+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: College Fans Like LA Tech's Logo

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Re: College Fans Like LA Tech's Logo

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I'm so glad we (Dooley) included the LA ECH on the logo so everybody will know that is the state of Louisiana and it can't be confused with Texas, Virginia, or Georgia.

The general idea of the Block T was defeated with this horrible idea. That stupid looking dog is even worse.
    You're caught up on the LA part.

Not everyone coincides the letter T with tech.

Great marketing strategy, the logo looks sleek, and our school is recognized throughout the country as Louisiana tech with the wording. Not understanding that is just angst toward Dooley (after he turned out program around financially)

Some people just don't know when to be thankful and when to hate

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post

Great marketing strategy, the logo looks sleek, and our school is recognized throughout the country as Louisiana tech with the wording. Not understanding that is just angst toward Dooley (after he turned out program around financially)

Some people just don't know when to be thankful and when to hate
    The original T by itself looks great. A person would have to be pretty stupid not to recognize the State T logo as LaTech.

Not hating on Dooley. He was an improvement over what we had and helped get us a big TV in JAS. He also negotiated the deal with Learfield which was not a good deal.

Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware that Dooley was responsible for a financial turnaround. What turned around? Ticket sales? Nope. Budget? Maybe a little. MBB? Nope Baseball? Nope

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

The LA ECH is a perfect example of LaTech trying to fix what wasn't broken.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    The LA ECH is a perfect example of LaTech trying to fix what wasn't broken.
    I don't agree, I think most don't remember how many bad versions there were of the State-T; and even the official one needed refinement. The State-LATECH gave us a good recognizable alternate.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    I don't agree, I think most don't remember how many bad versions there were of the State-T; and even the official one needed refinement. The State-LATECH gave us a good recognizable alternate.
    Well, that's true, there were a lot of bad ones. LATECH isn't an alternate because its the good logo with extra unnecessary stuff. Plus it changes the aspect ratio making the real part of the logo smaller virtually everywhere we need it to be.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    He went too far. No need for the LA ECH unless we were trying to brand to slow blinkers. The new state T was all we needed.

Well, that's true, there were a lot of bad ones. LATECH isn't an alternate because its the good logo with extra unnecessary stuff. Plus it changes the aspect ratio making the real part of the logo smaller virtually everywhere we need it to be.
    Yep

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    Great marketing strategy, the logo looks sleek, and our school is recognized throughout the country as Louisiana tech with the wording.
    On the other hand, it's really ugly.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    He went too far. No need for the LA ECH unless we were trying to brand to slow blinkers. The new state T was all we needed.

Yep
    He didn't go that far, that was Rickabaugh Graphics, the company that specializes in logo/brand that suggested the LaTech-State as an alternative to just the State-T; I have the almost last version that they sent to Tech, unfortunately can't find the one that had all of the different bulldogs.

Big Dog NavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to all

I'll say it - I like the LATECH logo just as much as the good ole State and T.

Here is my story on the subject and this is no joke (may have posted this before):

I was walking to the gym on a military base in Washington DC with my Tech duffle bag (it has the State and T logo). Someone stopped and asked me if I was from Texas. Looking confused, I said - no, why? He thought it was a Texas Rangers bag..... Part of me wanted to ask if he knew the shape of Texas and if it looked anything like the logo on the bag, but I simply said it was a Louisiana Tech bag. I seriously doubt someone would have asked me that if it had the LATECH logo.

I think the LATECH logo is better for national branding - more recognizable. There is a bit of an identity crisis by pushing the LATECH logo, while football field and football helmet has the State and T.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

My problem is how Tech Athletics only use the LATECH State-T. The State-T is our university's logo/identifier. They should incorporate the State-T more into signage, graphics, etc.

Regarding the Bulldog logo, we need to retire it. We could introduce a new Bulldog logo along with a matching Mascot uniform in the next year or two?

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    My problem is how Tech Athletics only use the LATECH State-T. The State-T is our university's logo/identifier. They should incorporate the State-T more into signage, graphics, etc.

Regarding the Bulldog logo, we need to retire it. We could introduce a new Bulldog logo along with a matching Mascot uniform in the next year or two?
    I like the Bulldog logo.

State-T should be our go-to, Bulldog is the change-up, LA-State-Ech should be used as rarely as possible. I'd buy a shirt that had LTU or LPI or Lolly-Polly or a random hand-drawn State-T before I'd buy something with the ugly logo, if such things were available.

I get that we're stuck with it, and I get why. But it should never, ever tarnish our helmets (and no, the Bulldog that I like shouldn't either). And while it's unrealistic to hope it never appears on our fields or courts, it should at least be a distant second to the real State-T logo which is a million times better.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I thought it should be...

Official Logo

State T

Alternate Logos
    LATECH State T
    Bulldog Head
    Lady Techsters

I wasn't opposed to the Puppy Head at first but that was before it was shoved into places it should never have gone.

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    I thought it should be...

Official Logo

State T

Alternate Logos
    LATECH State T
    Bulldog Head
    Lady Techsters
    My personal tastes aside, this seems logical and is what I understood as well (which would mean we're overusing the ugly one).

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

it was shoved into places it should never have gone.
    twss

+ Reply to Thread