+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which Away Games Road Trips are You Making?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Which Away Games Road Trips are You Making?

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    Not any more. Like you said 10 miles over the speed limit. That would be 85 after you get out two counties away from Harris County (That Austin County going west -- Brookshire and Sealy not Austin, Tx. For those of you who don't know Austin is in Travis County and Houston is in Harris County - Houston County is somewhere up east where Crockett is)
    Just got back from a trip to West Texas (Lubbock area). Even the two lanes were 75. Never saw a State Trooper on any of the two lanes and very few on the 4 lanes. I guess Texas is not big on producing revenue from speeding tickets and seat belt violations.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Just got back from a trip to West Texas (Lubbock area). Even the two lanes were 75. Never saw a State Trooper on any of the two lanes and very few on the 4 lanes. I guess Texas is not big on producing revenue from speeding tickets and seat belt violations.
    The state isn't but watch out for the small towns, especially near the first of the month. There are speed traps in Texas. However, cities and towns cannot make more than 1/2 their revenue from traffic tickets. Anything more goes to the state, so the small towns don't want to go to the trouble if they can't keep the money. Some towns have gotten into trouble for not sending the overage to the state and have lost their police department certification. Kendleton on US 59 south near me is one example.

Varsity Bulldog techfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nice techfreak's Avatar

Every home game is like an away game for me. In addition to those I've already got travel and tickets booked for MissSt and Kansas State.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Taking cowbells to Miss St games as a Tech fan is about the same as wearing red to a Tech game at Cajun field...

Smart fans just don't do it
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Taking cowbells to Miss St games as a Tech fan is about the same as wearing red to a Tech game at Cajun field...

So you're saying the band will wear red when we play ULL this year? I fear you may be correct.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Mississippi State Bus Trip

Join the Alumni Association and LTAC on the road for Bulldog football!

On Oct. 17, Louisiana Tech travels to Starkville, MS to take on Mississippi St. in a battle for the bone. Take the hassle out of your travels by riding with us on the game day bus. Game time has not yet been set, and the pregame tailgate will be determined based on game time. If you sign up before October 9, access to any tailgate event planned for this event will be included at no additional cost. After October 9, registration will be $75. All hotels nearby are sold out, so don't miss out on this exciting opportunity. Click here to sign up.

Round trip bus ticket - $60 (does not include game ticket)
    Game Time - TBA
    Departure Time - 6 hours prior to first event (pregame tailgate or game)

For more information contact:
    Wes Cavin
    318-255-7950
    wes@latechalumni.org
    Barbara Swart
    318-255-7950
    barbara@latechalumni.org

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post

I make as much noise as I can when the "OTHER TEAM" has the ball on 3rd and 4th down. My two cowbells help out. I use them in the JOE and will use them at the Miss ST game! I don't see a problem with that!

Bulldog BoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the rough

I'll (+1) will be at the WKU game. Can't wait!

Champ kw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    And Rice is a "home" game for me. San Antonio is only 200 miles, and it's all interstate, so about three hours.
    Hope to make all the games in Ruston, and host as many Tech fans as I can at the Rice game. Also never been to San Antonio so I am looking forward to visiting there as well.

Puppy dblackman is on top of his/her gamedblackman is on top of his/her gamedblackman is on top of his/her gamedblackman is on top of his/her gamedblackman is on top of his/her gamedblackman is on top of his/her gamedblackman is on top of his/her gamedblackman is on top of his/her gamedblackman is on top of his/her gamedblackman is on top of his/her gamedblackman is on top of his/her game

I was really looking forward to going to the WKU Game... But it's on a "school night" and I won't get back to Louisville until after 1am. I don't think the boss man would appreciate snoring in the office.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dblackman View Post
    I was really looking forward to going to the WKU Game... But it's on a "school night" and I won't get back to Louisville until after 1am. I don't think the boss man would appreciate snoring in the office.
    Tell him it's a family emergency.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Yep, the Tech Family could use your support!

Bulldog BoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the rough

I'm making the trip to WKU. Is it worth it to sit in the "Tech section" for the same price as MUCH better seats in the "WKU sections?" I feel like my money is better spent watching the game from the 40 yard line than it is in the corner of the endzone. I also want to be amongst my people, though. Thoughts?

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BoneDawg View Post
    I'm making the trip to WKU. Is it worth it to sit in the "Tech section" for the same price as MUCH better seats in the "WKU sections?" I feel like my money is better spent watching the game from the 40 yard line than it is in the corner of the endzone. I also want to be amongst my people, though. Thoughts?
    Stadium will be empty when we are up by 20. You can move get the Tech fans down with you in the second half.

Varsity Bulldog Festus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by BoneDawg View Post
    What'd you decide? Looking like buying through their ticket office will save you some fees. Thinking we're going to sit in "WKU Sections" to have a better view, but have not pulled the trigger yet. If WKU beats Vandy the good seats may get snatched up by their fans.

+ Reply to Thread